Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Anti-Superman Army!!

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Squalleon

NO,its not a haters thread :-P

So in AC 15 we further saw the anti superman army(loved the idea of a superman villian team by the way).

My question is:

What do we now about the K-men,have they existed pre 52 or they are completely new.

Thanks,in advance!

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Durakken

They existed in some form before, but i don't know the details or if the idea is connected.

As to what we know about them. They are led by Xa-Du and got out of the phantom zone via Master Mxyzptlk and one of their plots is to somehow get inside Superman's brain and mess him up from inside, but this is stopped by a future superman and the LoSH stopping something in 6 years ago right after the Brainiac fight...

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By PowerHerc

The name kinda reminds me of the "Superman Revenge Squad" of the Silver Age.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Press Oblivion

@Durakken said:

They are led by Xa-Du and got out of the phantom zone via Master Mxyzptlk

I believe they were freed by Vyndyktvx, who's been fucking up Superman's shit since issue 1 of Action Comics. Issue 15 of Action Comics has been very revealing.

I love the idea of the Anti Superman Army it will be interesting to see how things develop.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By colonyofcells

Kryptonite Kid has been a Superboy villain since 1960. The K-men or k people are new or reboots of the old concept. The green kryptonite man Clay Ramsay is similar to the old radio program atoman, earth 2 atoman, Kryptonite Kid or Kryptonite Man. The red kryptonite woman and the blue kryptonite man are just based on different color kryptonite. New 52 red kryptonite is maybe same as pre-flashpoint. New 52 blue kryptonite is no longer related to Bizarro and it might be more similar to the Smallville tv blue kryptonite which removes all of Superman's powers which can make Superman easy to kill.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Durakken

@Press Oblivion said:

@Durakken said:

I believe they were freed by Vyndyktvx, who's been fucking up Superman's shit since issue 1 of Action Comics. Issue 15 of Action Comics has been very revealing.

I love the idea of the Anti Superman Army it will be interesting to see how things develop.

Probably. If you have a name then it probably is. I just remember it is 5th dimensional person.

@colonyofcells said:

Kryptonite Kid has been a Superboy villain since 1960. The K-men or k people are new or reboots of the old concept. The green kryptonite man Clay Ramsay is similar to the old radio program atoman, earth 2 atoman, Kryptonite Kid or Kryptonite Man. The red kryptonite woman and the blue kryptonite man are just based on different color kryptonite. New 52 red kryptonite is maybe same as pre-flashpoint. New 52 blue kryptonite is no longer related to Bizarro and it might be more similar to the Smallville tv blue kryptonite which removes all of Superman's powers which can make Superman easy to kill.

There was also the anti superman thingy that the US government did that created a kryptonite doomsday. The military squad was equipped with various superman killing weapons and trained specifically to kill him.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By ComicStooge

@Durakken said:

@Press Oblivion said:

@Durakken said:

Probably. If you have a name then it probably is. I just remember it is 5th dimensional person.

@colonyofcells said:

There was also the anti superman thingy that the US government did that created a kryptonite doomsday. The military squad was equipped with various superman killing weapons and trained specifically to kill him.

All-American Boy and Last Line?

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Durakken

@ComicStooge said:

@Durakken said:

@Press Oblivion said:

@Durakken said:

@colonyofcells said:

All-American Boy and Last Line?

yes

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By sethysquare

@Durakken said:

They existed in some form before, but i don't know the details or if the idea is connected.

As to what we know about them. They are led by Xa-Du and got out of the phantom zone via Master Mxyzptlk and one of their plots is to somehow get inside Superman's brain and mess him up from inside, but this is stopped by a future superman and the LoSH stopping something in 6 years ago right after the Brainiac fight...

are you sure they got out of the phantom zone? Kryptonite Man's origin was written in Action Comics Annual. He was then sent to jail.

5 years later, in the present, he was found teaming up with Xadu and Nimrod. As far as I know, neither Nimrod nor K-man got into the phantom zone.

Xadu did try to escape via that suit, can't remember if Vyndktvx was the one who tried to help Xadu in the past, but Kal did stop him.

However, we do know that Vyndkytvx did gather all of the anti superman army in the present, but we're not sure if Xadu escaped again cos Vyndktvx helped him. But as far as I can tell, Mxyzptlk wasnt involved.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Durakken

@sethysquare said:

@Durakken said:

are you sure they got out of the phantom zone? Kryptonite Man's origin was written in Action Comics Annual. He was then sent to jail.

5 years later, in the present, he was found teaming up with Xadu and Nimrod. As far as I know, neither Nimrod nor K-man got into the phantom zone.

Xadu did try to escape via that suit, can't remember if Vyndktvx was the one who tried to help Xadu in the past, but Kal did stop him.

However, we do know that Vyndkytvx did gather all of the anti superman army in the present, but we're not sure if Xadu escaped again cos Vyndktvx helped him. But as far as I can tell, Mxyzptlk wasnt involved.

My misinterpretation... I didn't pay much attention to all the K army stuff, Yes, you are right on the K man not being in the phantom zone. no idea who nimrod is at the moment ^.^ I'm also not sure about the 5 years later thing.

Xa Du tried to escape the phantom zone

Vyndktvx then got Xa-Du out of the phantom zone

K man was created and attacked superman and then sent to prison.

At some point in the future Vyndktvx gathered Xa-Du, Nimrod and a few others together and then travel in time back to steal the power source of Superman's ship

They then teleported themselves into superman's head at some point while Superman of the future was traveling with the LoSH... this technically takes place before everything else.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By colonyofcells

Most of the members of the Last Line were more like armored Iron people with kryptonite. William Brannon of Last Line is more similar to the old Kryptonite Man since Brannon could shoot kryptonite from the eyes. All american boy Joshua Walker was like Doomsday with kryptonite on the body. The Anti-Superman Army has : an element girl from planet Trom (transmutation power), sisterhood of abiding hate (looks like the Dark Circle), Nimrod the Hunter (similar to Kraven the hunter), Xa-Du (kryptonian), erik drekken (like Evolvo Lad), Susie Tompkins (mental powers like Adam Blake), the 3 kryptonite people.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By sethysquare

@Durakken said:

@sethysquare said:

@Durakken said:

My misinterpretation... I didn't pay much attention to all the K army stuff, Yes, you are right on the K man not being in the phantom zone. no idea who nimrod is at the moment ^.^ I'm also not sure about the 5 years later thing.

At some point in the future Vyndktvx gathered Xa-Du, Nimrod and a few others together and then travel in time back to steal the power source of Superman's ship

They then teleported themselves into superman's head at some point while Superman of the future was traveling with the LoSH... this technically takes place before everything else.

Yups sounds about right ^^

Have you read Action's second arc. It focuses on Nimrod the hunter, that cowboy looking person.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Durakken

@sethysquare said:

@Durakken said:

@sethysquare said:

@Durakken said:

Yups sounds about right ^^

Have you read Action's second arc. It focuses on Nimrod the hunter, that cowboy looking person.

I haven't read any of this weeks issues yet... I haven't been able to get them yet. Probably will read them some time later today.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.