Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Angry Joe vs Nostalgia Critic

• 58 results
    deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By deaditegonzo

@lordofthenorth: I remember an issue of Nightwing where he was trying to stop Deathstroke, he lost the actual fights and he knew would lose, but he gave his all. Nightwing also got captured by the Joker in Death of the Family. He is pretty beatable. Batman isnt.

Lex, pre-Flashpoint, hadnt been a direct threat to Supes for a while. He moves other, more powerful beings around as his knights. Lex becoming president was a stroke of genius for example. He then sat back, untouchable, and turned Bats and Superman into outlaws. He also sent Doomsday to hunt Superman down. In the New 52, he hasnt really gone toe to toe yet either, and I hope he never does. He is a great schemer, but him suiting up and fighting Superman is totally stupid.

I dont have a problem with Batman sitting back, and giving some super beings a plan, and staying home while they accomplish the plan (like Lex when he is written best).

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Batman has also fought slade and got his ass kick and batman was also capture during the death of the family

And Batman does the same which is why his first plan for taking on wonder woman is Superman

So your saying that you have no problem with batman planning something and letting everyone else go off and risks their lives while he just sits on his ass iam sorry iam sure but thats not very heroic

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth: Iim just explaining why I prefer Luthor to Batman as a human character.

Id rather Batman not even be on the Justice League, but thats just me.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I understand that but it just comes off as you finding excusses to hate on batman

Well the way Geoff Johns writes batman i would rather him not to be on the team ether i wish he would go start the outsiders but that not going to happen any time soon

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By youknowwhattodo

I agree with the notion that the outrage over Superman killing Zod is a red herring, I had several problems with the film but that wasn't one of them.

I just saw a comment defending the ad-placement in the movie as "making the movie more believable", it's like any criticism of the movie is refuted by saying "it makes it more believable and realistic".

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for herokiller12344
    Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Herokiller12344

So basically, Complete negativity, nitpicking and anger vs blind fanaticism. And we all know it's biased towards Doug anyway because it's his channel and he gets the last word.

This was a bad review. More jokes than facts, pure exaggerations all over the place. I'm on Joe's side, but it's not fair that he comes off as this wide eyed apologist meanwhile Doug is in the "right" with the anger. Oh and this may just be me, but I find the whole "I understand why people like this movie" portion to be insulting. I liked the freaking movie, I'm not some moron that needs to be explained to the 'smart' people so that they can get some small peak into my head.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By redleader1

@sandman_: saying chill while talking about Bruce ironic

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SandMan_

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.