Angry Joe Analysis of Superman v Batman

• 122 results
#101 Edited by Endanger (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is a realistic depiction of a Superman vs. Batman fight. This is what would happen in every case if Batman did not prepare.

Superman is being mind-controlled (again), Batman has no idea, but still decides to fight Superman without any plan.

He literally CHOKES Batman til he passes out.

#102 Posted by Endanger (114 posts) - - Show Bio

The closest Batman has come to beating Superman was in World's Finest #302 when he beat him with Kryptonite gloves.

Superman came to his senses and then wraps Superman in his cape, and that was that.

#103 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

This Batman wanking has to stop. Hopefully after MOS, everyone will realize that. But its just not ignorant Batman fanboy who think this. There was a video about Superman vs Iron Man and everyone was inciting that Tony would win because of kryptonite.
Like that stuff grows out of trees or something and people believe that just because you have kryptonite it means an automatic win against Superman, when that is not the case. And if that where true, Metallo, Titano and Kryptonite Man would have killed Superman a long time ago. That's why I hate kryptonite. F*cking plot device.

#104 Posted by PowerWoman (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

superman kill him

#105 Edited by Jack Donaghy (924 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

This Batman wanking has to stop. Hopefully after MOS, everyone will realize that. But its just not ignorant Batman fanboy who think this. There was a video about Superman vs Iron Man and everyone was inciting that Tony would win because of kryptonite.

Like that stuff grows out of trees or something and people believe that just because you have kryptonite it means an automatic win against Superman, when that is not the case. And if that where true, Metallo, Titano and Kryptonite Man would have killed Superman a long time ago. That's why I hate kryptonite. F*cking plot device.

My God SOME (I said some so I'm not generalizing) Superman fans get super butthurt over Batman, and why would MOS change anything about the "Batman wanking"? 2 $1 billion grossing movies, 2 high selling, highly acclaimed games, and a classic animated series aren't getting erased over night. Plus the term "wanking" is stupid pretty much every popular character gets that kind of treatment but surprise surprise people only have a problem with it when it comes to Batman. I bet you'd have no problem whatsoever if the Batman wanking got replaced with Superman wanking. You realize using the term "Batman fanboy" like it's an insult while coming off as a huge Superman fanboy makes you look like a hypocrite, right? Some Superman fans can't seem to handle the fact that Batman is more popular right now so they have to cling to the fact that he can beat Batman in a fight. It's ok popularity isn't everything, need a hug?

And to the people making it seem like Superman would easily kill Batman, NO really? That's like saying Brock Lesnar could kill a baby in a fight. Why do you guys seem to get so much pleasure from the thought of Superman killing someone so much weaker than him anyway? I'd never brag and say "yeah in real life Batman would easily kill the Riddler in a fight!" It may be true but what;s the point of bragging about your favorite character beating someone out of their league in a fight. And the same way you see Batman beating Superman as unrealistic is the same way casual fans see Lex beating Superman, hence why so many people think Lex, being a bald guy in a suit fighting a nearly invincible demi God as lame. This is why people see Superman as too powerful and predictable if one of the richest and smartest men in the world can't even hope to beat him maybe he's a little too strong. But for some reason you guys don't have a problem with Lex being able to, typical.

And don't say "but Lex is smarter!" using that logic the Leader is technically smarter than even Dr. Doom (Doom has said so himself), can you see him jacking the Silver Surfer's powers like Doom did? Of course not, but Doom did it and Leader never will even though he's smarter, so stop using intelligence as an excuse. Captain Cold isn't a super genius and he finds ways to beat the Flash, who's on Superman's power level, so if he can do it Bruce can find a way to beat Superman, whether the die hard Superman fan in you wants to admit it or not.

Sorry if this seems like a rant just had to get that off my chest.

#106 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Pffft! Jack Donaghy only likes Batman cause he (alongside Devon Banks) talks like Batman. Nyahahahahaha!

#107 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@endanger said:

Here is a realistic depiction of a Superman vs. Batman fight. This is what would happen in every case if Batman did not prepare.

Superman is being mind-controlled (again), Batman has no idea, but still decides to fight Superman without any plan.

Now that is how you put down Batb!tch

#108 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

@endanger said:

Now that is how you put down Batb!tch

Okay dude. That was just mean spirited.

#109 Posted by PowerWoman (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

That why i dont like batman fans

#110 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

You just proved my point buddy :/

#111 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#112 Posted by Jack Donaghy (924 posts) - - Show Bio

Pffft! Jack Donaghy only likes Batman cause he (alongside Devon Banks) talks like Batman. Nyahahahahaha!

This forum would be a better place if there were more 30 Rock fans.

#113 Posted by TrueMarvel (195 posts) - - Show Bio

People don't realize... its not the concept of Batman that drives people away. People Love That. Its to be painfully honest, Batman Fanatics that drive people away.

#114 Posted by Jhaigo (223 posts) - - Show Bio

The true winner of the TDKR fight was Green Arrow. Think about it he definitely inflicted the most damage in that fight and turned that tables and took no damage himself plus he didn't need to sneak away.

#115 Posted by MuyJingo (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has many vulnerabilities, many of them portrayed inconsistently.

I really don't understand why Superman fans get so upset about the idea that someone far more experienced, knowledgeable, tactical and arguably intelligent could defeat him using a combination of weaknesses, especially if they were portrayed at the stronger end of the scale.

Magic, kryptonite, red sunlight, nanites etc.

Obviously if they just brawl randomly Batman has no shot, and it's stupid to try and show he does.

#116 Edited by trinidadsuperman (92 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo: because batman is neither of those things compared to superman. He isnt more experienced neither is he smarter and more tactical than anything superman has ever faced. Batman can win if we are talking a superman who has no idea he is in a battle with bruce. If we are talking they both get prep and square up then batman has no chance in hell. Batman is just as if not MORE inconsistent than superman. I understand why you dislike Citizenbane because he proved you wrong at nearly every point. You claim he was bias but he asked you for proof which you kept argueing for the ring he carries and then he asked you for PROOF of that kryptonite that small actually having an effect and you had nada. Yes the krptonite is inconsistent but so is bruce. One minute he struggles with bane a guy who is inferior to superman in everyway with a weakness as obvious as a video game, then the next he can go toe to toe with superman?? the new 52 had it right. Batman stands NO chancee its ridiculous. Tower of babel is the biggest bullshit of am excuse i have ever heard. That plan would never work where they to square up and fight. Superman moves FAR to fast for bruce and its that simple. If this battle goes down because of inconsistency we should always assume its them at their upmost best to which Superman wins by a landslide. Batman was the first guy to get side kicks because he needed more help protectimg gotham from STREET THUGS. A hero is only as good as his villains switch villains and watch gotham blow up in seconds while superman takes a vacay.

#117 Posted by MuyJingo (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo: because batman is neither of those things. Batman is just as if not MORE inconsistent than superman. I understand why you dislike Citizenbane because he proved you wrong at nearly every point. You claim he was bias but he asked you for proof which you kept argueing for the ring he carries and then he asked you for PROOF of that kryptonite that small actually having an effect and you had nada. Yes the krptonite is inconsistent but so is bruce. One minute he struggles with bane a guy who is inferior to superman in everyway with a weakness as obvious as a video game, then the next he can go toe to toe with superman?? Bullshit the new 52 had it right. Batman stands NO chancee its ridiculous. Tower of babel is the biggest bullshit of am excuse i have ever heard. That plan would never work where they to square up and fight. Superman moves FAR to fast for bruce and its that simple. If this battle goes down because of inconsistency we should always assume its them at their upmost best to which Superman wins by a landslide.

Lol. CB didn't prove any one wrong, although he made a good argument for his view.

It's pretty silly IMO to say that tower of babel doesn't count as a win

Yes, obviously in a physical match, batman has no chance - unless Superman is weakened and/or Batman augments himself somehow. Both which he would do with prep. With prep, it's not at all ridiculous.

Even assuming Superman at his best, there are still many ways he can be brought down. Ultimately, it's up to the writer. My argument was simply that a good, believable story can be told where Bruce beats Superman. I don't know why people feel the need to dispute even that.

Also, FWIW, Batman held his own against Superman in an issue of Batman and Superman.

#118 Posted by Superguy1591 (2667 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo: Yeah, but Superman wasn't trying.

#119 Edited by Jack Donaghy (924 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo said:

@trinidadsuperman said:

@muyjingo: because batman is neither of those things. Batman is just as if not MORE inconsistent than superman. I understand why you dislike Citizenbane because he proved you wrong at nearly every point. You claim he was bias but he asked you for proof which you kept argueing for the ring he carries and then he asked you for PROOF of that kryptonite that small actually having an effect and you had nada. Yes the krptonite is inconsistent but so is bruce. One minute he struggles with bane a guy who is inferior to superman in everyway with a weakness as obvious as a video game, then the next he can go toe to toe with superman?? Bullshit the new 52 had it right. Batman stands NO chancee its ridiculous. Tower of babel is the biggest bullshit of am excuse i have ever heard. That plan would never work where they to square up and fight. Superman moves FAR to fast for bruce and its that simple. If this battle goes down because of inconsistency we should always assume its them at their upmost best to which Superman wins by a landslide.

Lol. CB didn't prove any one wrong, although he made a good argument for his view.

It's pretty silly IMO to say that tower of babel doesn't count as a win

Yes, obviously in a physical match, batman has no chance - unless Superman is weakened and/or Batman augments himself somehow. Both which he would do with prep. With prep, it's not at all ridiculous.

Even assuming Superman at his best, there are still many ways he can be brought down. Ultimately, it's up to the writer. My argument was simply that a good, believable story can be told where Bruce beats Superman. I don't know why people feel the need to dispute even that.

Also, FWIW, Batman held his own against Superman in an issue of Batman and Superman.

I agree with everything you said. But we should be careful, anyone who dare thinks that a human in Batman could possibly beat a God in Superman will be dismissed as a "Batwanking fanboy" or something stupid and immature like that. Funny how these kind of arguments never come out with Lex. He's in the movie too but there don't seem to be any panic over the idea of Superman losing to Lex who like Batman is just a human. It's funny Superman fans don't like the idea of Batman challenging Superman in a big movie like this and think it'll make him look weak to millions. Had no problems with the times Lex has done it in the movies. In Superman Returns Lex got some (well a lot) of Kryptonite and he and his henchmen beat the crap out of Superman. Was that Lexwanking? Was he LexGod? Did it make Superman look weak and useless to the millions of people who saw a human pummel him? No.

So why the double standard? Why is Lex allowed to be portrayed as a legit threat to Superman but when it's Batman you break out the pitchforks? Why is it "He's just a mortal in a bat costume and Superman could just flick him away" when it comes to Bruce but with a bald guy in a suit the same concerns aren't brought up? Seriously someone explain this to me because I don't get it. Why is no one worried that Eisneberg's Lex will make Superman look weak? I mean he is in the movie too. And before anyone goes on about how Lex is smarter than Bruce (which I agree with but not by that much imo) I have to say Lex in the movies hasn't been portrayed as his usual super scientist self from the comics. The SR version of him wasn't all that smart and didn't have any super tech to help him just Kryptonite. So if a version of Lex who isn't a genius can be shown as a threat to Superman without getting all of you riled up I don't see why Batman can't be either.

#120 Edited by trinidadsuperman (92 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy: I dont know if you are new to these discussion but non canon stuff such as movies, cartoons,& comic book storylines set in a different timeline are often regarded as non essential in characters discussions. with that being said all i can say is Lex Luthor is beyond batman level threat. Lex Luthor in majority of canon comic incarnations is at the peak of human capablities, the only thing that separates him from Bruce is bruce's martial arts skills. Aside from that Lex is vastly superior in intelligence,(he became a god once). The reason its ridiculous for Bruce to beat superman is because he REGULARLY faces enemies FAR weaker and struggles to come through, my example being Bane. Lex Luthor does not face anyone short of a god and if he does he's completely owning the competition. Lex is beyond Batman's foes in everyway and its that simple. Batman's prowess is only augmented when he's with the league, in his regular universe he faces and struggles against much weaker oponents that is why him facing superman is incredibly silly to a person who knows both characters and especially to superman fans.

#121 Posted by trinidadsuperman (92 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo: Tower of Babel was a sneak attack thats why it isnt legit. It was a back stabbing plan. If i sneak up to mile tyson and knock him out from behind does that mean i can beat mike tyson in a fight? Not even close! Many of you have the idea that just because he knows HOW to beat them just like any other enemy does not mean he CAN. I know to beat mike tyson i have to hit him real hard on the jaw, but can i do that in a ring against him? Hell no! Can i sneak up and do that? Thats possible, but does that give me an excuse to parade as if i can beat mike tyson? Not even close. That is what tower of babel was. It showed bruce knows how but can he inact that plan where they all aware and had equal prep? No. The only way batman can win is if superman is completely unaware of the encounter, thats all. In a fair equal prep combat batman is completely outmatched in everyway because superman is out of his league in raw power. Btw CB proved you wrong on proving kryptonite of that size ever having an effect on superman to the level it was portrayed in Hush. His claim was there is no evidence of such and you disputed saying there was to which he asked for proof and you had none so yes that is proving you wrong no matter how you look at the scenario

#122 Edited by Jack Donaghy (924 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy: I dont know if you are new to these discussion but non canon stuff such as movies, cartoons,& comic book storylines set in a different timeline are often regarded as non essential in characters discussions. with that being said all i can say is Lex Luthor is beyond batman level threat. Lex Luthor in majority of canon comic incarnations is at the peak of human capablities, the only thing that separates him from Bruce is bruce's martial arts skills. Aside from that Lex is vastly superior in intelligence,(he became a god once). The reason its ridiculous for Bruce to beat superman is because he REGULARLY faces enemies FAR weaker and struggles to come through, my example being Bane. Lex Luthor does not face anyone short of a god and if he does he's completely owning the competition. Lex is beyond Batman's foes in everyway and its that simple. Batman's prowess is only augmented when he's with the league, in his regular universe he faces and struggles against much weaker oponents that is why him facing superman is incredibly silly to a person who knows both characters and especially to superman fans.

But I'm talking about the movie versions not the comic versions. So if people don't want movie Superman to be challenged by movie Batman they shouldn't want movie Superman challenged by movie Lex either. And you say Lex has faced Gods well shouldn't that be considered PIS? Don't you find it odd that a human can fight a God? The gap in power and intellect should be so big Lex is nothing more than a mild nuisance. Yet no one thinks that for some reason. Why would a human be able to beat a God? Lex as smart as he is still has the same human limitations as Batman, the only reason he is a threat to Superman is because A. The writers say he is B. Kryptonite and C. Because Superman isn't just going to fly up to him and kill him. Realistically Lex would be no more of a threat to someone on Superman's level than Batman would be. You mentioned how Batman fights people less powerful than Lex and Superman but you also forget Superman fights people much more powerful than Lex too. If Superman can deal with Brainiac someone who is much smarter than how are we supposed to take Lex seriously? If Superman can fight Darkseid isn't Lex posing a threat a little PIS? Or do you actually consider Lex as big of a threat as those 2?

My main point is the Superman Returns version of Lex Luthor was not a super scientist he didn't have feats any better than Nolan's Batman. He didn't have feats of standing up to Gods or becoming one himself or anything. Yet he was accepted by Superman fans as a threat?

#123 Edited by trinidadsuperman (92 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy: here's were you are confused, Lex can challenge gods but that does not mean he will win. In fact he rarely ever wins against god like people. He can get the better of someone but he'd never win the fight. Batman can challenge superman all he wants as long as he doesnt win then its okay. Its when batman WINS against these godlike people that it becomes irritating because then its PIS. I dont consider Lex a major threat to superman, just a nuisance as well, however i respect tha he's a man challenging gods but would never succeed, so he keeps striving to surpass him, its almost inspirational in a way. That is what batman ought to be not getting the better of them because then he'd be a god as well

#124 Posted by Jack Donaghy (924 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy: here's were you are confused, Lex can challenge gods but that does not mean he will win. In fact he rarely ever wins against god like people. He can get the better of someone but he'd never win the fight. Batman can challenge superman all he wants as long as he doesnt win then its okay. Its when batman WINS against these godlike people that it becomes irritating because then its PIS. I dont consider Lex a major threat to superman, just a nuisance as well, however i respect tha he's a man challenging gods but would never succeed, so he keeps striving to surpass him, its almost inspirational in a way. That is what batman ought to be not getting the better of them because then he'd be a god as well

But that's the thing Batman doesn't really beat God like beings anymore than Lex does. They both could perhaps become somewhat of a threat but never really beat anyone too strong. I don't think Batman should beat Superman or anything but if he can be a threat to him like Lex is I don't see the harm in that.

#126 Edited by trinidadsuperman (92 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.