Andy Diggle Exits ACTION COMICS, Tony Daniel Steps Up [Update]

• 167 results
#151 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess that ounce Morrison leaves Im dropping Action Comics. I've already Dropped Superman after that terrible H'el on Earth arc. I just have to stay away from superman comics until Superman Unchained and Batman/Superman come out

#152 Posted by mcbean (287 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh: I love deathstroke but it could have been a lot lot better so I see why they did what they did.

#153 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

This doesn't bode well. I'd be very interested to know what those "professional reasons" were.

#154 Posted by Dud317 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel bad for Tony Daniel. He's following a story that isn't his, and if fails, he's at fault. He's been set up to fail. Hope he doesn't.

#155 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dud317 said:

I feel bad for Tony Daniel. He's following a story that isn't his, and if fails, he's at fault. He's been set up to fail. Hope he doesn't.

also apparently he had no idea that he was taking over the book before the story broke

he is literally being toss in the water here

#156 Posted by Outside_85 (10240 posts) - - Show Bio

First comes the Horseman called Morrison carrying his golden shield and sword and paving the way for other writers. After him comes the Horseman called Editorial Interference that laying out barbed wire and landmines on the new path for writers to fall over, making an already steep task pretty much impossible.

#157 Posted by Mia26 (145 posts) - - Show Bio

@fACEmelter88 said:

Speaking of Action Comics I've read them all so far and of course I am totally confused by it. Since today the finale of his run so can anyone explain to me what happened....so confusing.

Just reread the entire run it should make a bit more sense .....

#158 Posted by Mia26 (145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85 said:

First comes the Horseman called Morrison carrying his golden shield and sword and paving the way for other writers. After him comes the Horseman called Editorial Interference that laying out barbed wire and landmines on the new path for writers to fall over, making an already steep task pretty much impossible.

Hahahaha ..... Pretty much, I wish they would give this writers the same flexability they give Morrison or Snyder.

#159 Posted by Mahzian (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Daniel's artwork is fantastic but he still needs some experience writing, he would be better suited to a lower profile book, I guess from a sales point of view it makes sense to trial new comers of Action/Detective because those two will sell no matter what

#160 Posted by Z3RO180 (6707 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so diggle is only on for one issue and said that's me I'm done after mounths of DC saying this is the new team. Dick move diggle...dick move

#161 Posted by ThomasElliot (369 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kesho_Ronin said:

Anythings better than Morrison

Are a long time Batman reader? Can you tell me which arcs were written by Daniel VS which were written by Morrisson? I bet you couldn't.... because Daniel's Batman arc was SO boring and lame its a complete throw-away and unmemorable. As a matter of fact, the ONLY reason I remember the arc was because it stood out how uniterested and boring it was to me. Its the I-Ching story arc.

And The Dark Knight was a title I dumped prior to the New 52.

I hate to be so mean... I really like Daniel's artwork, a lot. I have respect for his talent... but his writing is just so.... nothing. Boring.

#162 Posted by TDK_1997 (15068 posts) - - Show Bio

And Action Comics is going to hell.

#163 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6532 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that'll have tainted "Superman Month" a bit.

#164 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

Ok so diggle is only on for one issue and said that's me I'm done after mounths of DC saying this is the new team. Dick move diggle...dick move

How is this a dick move from diggle if this is clearly dc's fault?

#165 Posted by mark15 (72 posts) - - Show Bio

I would rather see Action take a break or just halt Supes Unchained and throw snyder and lee over onto Action, I'd wait another month for Action #19 if snyder and lee were on it.

#166 Posted by SuperHulk8642 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going off my pull list because this is bull. Daniels art is phenomenal but his writing is pure doodoo and diggle was going to turn this book around for me unless the new creative team will be good enough this book is done sad that the only consistent book with superman is Justice League hope it'll hold me until Unchained

#167 Posted by Night Thrasher (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

Dear DC fanboys (no offense in this case honestly): How come DC is haviing such a tough time keeping writers not named Johns, Morrison or Robinson on books? It seems these guys come and go as they please but the rest of the guys get disgruntled after a few issues and leave?

#168 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@Night Thrasher said:

Dear DC fanboys (no offense in this case honestly): How come DC is haviing such a tough time keeping writers not named Johns, Morrison or Robinson on books? It seems these guys come and go as they please but the rest of the guys get disgruntled after a few issues and leave?

Just how the hell are we supposed to know? Ask the staff, not the readers.... just baffling

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.