Andy Diggle Exits ACTION COMICS, Tony Daniel Steps Up [Update]

  • 167 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#51 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

@arnoldoaad said:

@tomchu said:

The awkward moment a writer bails out on a title before the first issue even hits the stands.

specially when his run is being promoted in the newest AC

AKA one of DC's biggest books for one of DC's biggest superhero.

#52 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kesho_Ronin: you obviously have never read a Tony Daniel comic dude can draw but is one of the worst writers out there. His batman run was awful.

#53 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (1177 posts) - - Show Bio

@ILLO_29: same here but ill give Daniel a try i mean for all we know this book could be awesome just like for me geoff john justice league book suck but his Aquaman book imo is awesome

#54 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been going over his tweets and it seems that Diggle chose to leave Action Comics on his own. Probably because he was so swamped?? Which sucks. I was really looking forward to his run.

#55 Posted by SmashBrawler (5409 posts) - - Show Bio

God-f*cking-dammit, I was really looking forward to this...

Sigh, I guess Diggle's issues will still be produced, but after that's over... dropped. I can't stand Daniel's writing, it's awful.

#56 Posted by Kesho_Ronin (209 posts) - - Show Bio

@Batnandez: To tell you the truth i haven't read or maybe i have but i don't remember.I really like his art,real great artist.Maybe if DC notice that fans are not enthusiastic with the idea that Danieltowrite the story,maybe they will put somebody to help him with story

#57 Posted by coolguyr99 (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully Daniels will be better than Morrison.

#58 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

That's not good

#59 Posted by Mia26 (145 posts) - - Show Bio

This is how I feel about Andy Diggle leaving Action Comics .....

#60 Posted by JakeN7 (9903 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF!? I was excited that Tony Daniel was going back to the role he excels at: penciller. However, he's not very talented as a writer, and I can't bring myself to pick up a book with him on writing duties. I hope Diggle stays on for at least an arc.

Online
#61 Posted by Lvenger (17814 posts) - - Show Bio

@coolguyr99 said:

Hopefully Daniels will be better than Morrison.

He won't. I can vouch for that. Daniels' writing is sub par. He's a fantastic artist but his writing skills are sorely lacking. Even if you don't like Morrison's run like I do, Daniels will still drag AC down even more with his writing.

#62 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

@ILLO_29: that's what I plan on doing and then dropping batman after Harper becomes important

I think I might become a Marvel fan, they are way more consistent than DC, I'll have to change my name though :(

#63 Posted by coolguyr99 (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Hopefully his run isn't very long then. I would like to see Justin Jordan on Action Comics.

#64 Posted by Cavemold (1668 posts) - - Show Bio

that was quick

#65 Posted by Saranth (73 posts) - - Show Bio

.. What on earth are DC doing? This is being removed from my pull list now; I was really looking forward to Diggle's take.

#66 Posted by ILLO_29 (140 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zeeguy91:

Yep, I'm really looking foward to Snyder/ Lee's Superman Unchained.

#67 Posted by sweetesttoaster (144 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. I was actually looking forward to this. I don't even like Superman, but the creative team pulled me in. And now DC pulls this BS. They need to get their sh*t together before I lose all interest in their company as a whole.

#68 Posted by toptom (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

so i guess, i will not see anymore superman vs some kind of cosmic vampire who is strongh enough to punch him trough the moon...this one hell of a new. (not being sarcastic at all)

hopefully Daniel will remain the artist...

#69 Posted by ILLO_29 (140 posts) - - Show Bio

@darknightspideyfanboy: Agreed I'll stick with action and see how it goes. He's got until Unchained comes out to hook me.

#70 Posted by Icon (2050 posts) - - Show Bio

Really disappointed. I'm glad Daniel is still on board of course, but I was looking forward to Diggle's plans, especially after the recent interview he did with CBR. Hopefully they'll get someone like James Robinson back, someone who understands the title. Ah well. I wish Andy Diggle all the best anyway.

#71 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's only for the remainder of the arc, I'm fine with it. The skeleton work for the plot is probably finished, and that leaves Daniel with just some stuff to fill in. Shouldn't be too bad.

#72 Posted by Fastblender (54 posts) - - Show Bio

The reason he's leaving is DC isn't acting "professionally"

#73 Edited by knightofthechronicle (638 posts) - - Show Bio

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Not that I have anything against Daniel it's just that I was looking forward to Diggle writing Action, oh well, I'm still buying it whichever way

#74 Posted by toptom (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThanosIsMad said:

If it's only for the remainder of the arc, I'm fine with it. The skeleton work for the plot is probably finished, and that leaves Daniel with just some stuff to fill in. Shouldn't be too bad.

hopefully you will be right

#75 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

And I was just saying to myself today that I would be interested in picking up action comics again. This is kind of disappointing. <Sigh> I want Mark Waid back on Superman.

#76 Posted by impossibilly (883 posts) - - Show Bio

No bueno.

#77 Edited by Zeeguy91 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@ILLO_29 said:

@Zeeguy91:

Yep, I'm really looking foward to Snyder/ Lee's Superman Unchained.

Truthfully, as much as I was looking forward to Diggle's story, which sounded great, if he's going to chose to leave after only writing the majority of one arc, then I'd rather DC made that story into a mini-series titled Superman Unchained and then they could just hand over Action Comics to Snyder and Lee. The story that Snyder has for Superman Unchained could just be transferred over to AC. It'd just be a matter of switching the titles. Idk how the mechanics of such a switch would take place, but I'd rather have AC in competent hands than have another Superman ongoing. However, I'll gladly take Superman Unchained as is. The solicit for the first issue looked incredible!!!

#78 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, after this and now Fialkov too.... I'm done with comics. I am so tired of being screwed by every f*cking company.

#79 Edited by ILLO_29 (140 posts) - - Show Bio

No offense to Andy Diggle but I've always thought that writer's and artist were contracted to do X amount books, much like a novelist. So can you just up and walk off a book like this. Or am I completely wrong on this? As an inspiring Comic Book writer (by the way I'm looking for an artist to help me make up a few pages for submission purposes, feel free to pm me :) maybe I should look into this more in depth.

#80 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2217 posts) - - Show Bio

I has a sad.

#81 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123 said:

Yeah, after this and now Fialkov too.... I'm done with comics. I am so tired of being screwed by every f*cking company.

What happened with Fialkov?

#82 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

What this means is that I picked up my last issue of Action Comics today. You won't see me pick up another Superman title until Superman: Unchained. DC needs to treat their writers better--especially the ones at talented as Andy Diggle and Johua Hale Fialkov, who just left both of his Green Lantern titles.

#83 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1177 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade: wtf seriously

#84 Posted by Fastblender (54 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zeeguy91 said:

@doordoor123 said:

Yeah, after this and now Fialkov too.... I'm done with comics. I am so tired of being screwed by every f*cking company.

What happened with Fialkov?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/20/235086/

"Both incidents seem to involve repeated editorial changes to already-approved directions that have not been welcomed by the writers."

How many times have we heard this? It's like 90's Marvel all over again. Time for a regime change

#85 Edited by Hancock89 (94 posts) - - Show Bio

 @doordoor123  said: 

Yeah, after this and now Fialkov too.... I'm done with comics. I am so tired of being screwed by every f*cking company.


@doordoor123: Read Valiant Comics man, they will not let you down. 
 
The writers and artists are pretty cool too, sometimes they even engage in discussions with Valiant readers on valiant forums. 
 
Most of their books are a good read, jump in!
#86 Edited by bloggerboy (532 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone make a list of writers/artists that have left DC just prior and during the New 52? I'm sure the list is getting consistently bigger and not just because of the rotating comic business.

And yes, I know Diggle is only leaving Action Comics.

#87 Posted by JamDamage (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow DC is doing just GREAT!!!!! Ever since the New 52 DC has just been pissing people off. A majority of the books suck. The incorporation of the other universes like Wildstorm have sucked. Not using some of the older fan favorite characters have sucked. As much as people like to talk shit about Joe Quesada he still is killing it at Marvel. All the way from BK to Disney Billions. WB better hope Man of Steel rakes in some money because if not..............................................

#88 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123 said:

Yeah, after this and now Fialkov too.... I'm done with comics. I am so tired of being screwed by every f*cking company.

what do you mean by Fialkov too?

#89 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fastblender said:

@Zeeguy91 said:

@doordoor123 said:

Yeah, after this and now Fialkov too.... I'm done with comics. I am so tired of being screwed by every f*cking company.

What happened with Fialkov?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/20/235086/

"Both incidents seem to involve repeated editorial changes to already-approved directions that have not been welcomed by the writers."

How many times have we heard this? It's like 90's Marvel all over again. Time for a regime change

What!

DC just sucks so much right now

#90 Posted by Lvenger (17814 posts) - - Show Bio

@coolguyr99: Jordan's on New Guardians isn't he? Might be interesting but his previous writing doesn't suggest he could write Superman.

@doordoor123: What about Fialkov? Please tell me he's still writing GLC and RL.

#91 Posted by Lvenger (17814 posts) - - Show Bio

@arnoldoaad said:

@Fastblender said:

@Zeeguy91 said:

@doordoor123 said:

Yeah, after this and now Fialkov too.... I'm done with comics. I am so tired of being screwed by every f*cking company.

What happened with Fialkov?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/20/235086/

"Both incidents seem to involve repeated editorial changes to already-approved directions that have not been welcomed by the writers."

How many times have we heard this? It's like 90's Marvel all over again. Time for a regime change

What!

DC just sucks so much right now

Oh come on seriously?!! This sucks!

#92 Posted by kennybaese (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

Aaaaand my interest in this book just completely disappeared. I love Tony Daniel's art, but I'm really not a fan of his writing. Oh well, more money for other books.

#93 Posted by ThreadPool (97 posts) - - Show Bio

How are there so many things going so right (Wonder Woman, a few Bat titles, the League titles getting better and better...) and so wrong?! (stupid editorial vs creators feuds, EVERYTHING to do with Teen Titans, Wally effin' West)

Get your s**t together, DC.

#94 Posted by shieldzeal (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Terrible news to say the least.

#95 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to date his art and beat up his writing.

#96 Posted by inferiorego (21094 posts) - - Show Bio

@kennyshat said:

Aaaaand my interest in this book just completely disappeared. I love Tony Daniel's art, but I'm really not a fan of his writing. Oh well, more money for other books.

We're on the same boat.

Staff
#97 Posted by SmashBrawler (5409 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@arnoldoaad said:

@Fastblender said:

@Zeeguy91 said:

@doordoor123 said:

Yeah, after this and now Fialkov too.... I'm done with comics. I am so tired of being screwed by every f*cking company.

What happened with Fialkov?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/20/235086/

"Both incidents seem to involve repeated editorial changes to already-approved directions that have not been welcomed by the writers."

How many times have we heard this? It's like 90's Marvel all over again. Time for a regime change

What!

DC just sucks so much right now

Oh come on seriously?!! This sucks!

What the f*ck? No! No f*cking way! Ugh, this day just keeps getting worse, at least from a comic book-related standpoint.

#98 Posted by kennybaese (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

@kennyshat said:

Aaaaand my interest in this book just completely disappeared. I love Tony Daniel's art, but I'm really not a fan of his writing. Oh well, more money for other books.

We're on the same boat.

Now I'm tempted to push you into the metaphorical water. Because I'm totally that guy.

#99 Posted by Lvenger (17814 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

@Lvenger said:

@arnoldoaad said:

@Fastblender said:

@Zeeguy91 said:

@doordoor123 said:

Yeah, after this and now Fialkov too.... I'm done with comics. I am so tired of being screwed by every f*cking company.

What happened with Fialkov?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/20/235086/

"Both incidents seem to involve repeated editorial changes to already-approved directions that have not been welcomed by the writers."

How many times have we heard this? It's like 90's Marvel all over again. Time for a regime change

What!

DC just sucks so much right now

Oh come on seriously?!! This sucks!

What the f*ck? No! No f*cking way! Ugh, this day just keeps getting worse, at least from a comic book-related standpoint.

I hear you there. It's still a rumour but if this turns out to be true, something fishy is going on with DC's editorial staff that will need answering.

#100 Posted by longbowhunter (6603 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't know what to do anymore. I love DC's characters but their treatment of talent lately is calling into question my own personal ethics. Get it together before you lose a loyal reader.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.