Andy Diggle Discusses Plans For "Action Comics"

#1 Posted by War07 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is the interview

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/andy-diggle-actions-comics-bright-optimistic.html

#2 Posted by Squalleon (4143 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a good feeling about his run!He seems to grasp the core of the character and i am looking forward to his new villians!

Also Tony Daniel is a great artist! I am certain that he will do a great job!

#3 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't Superman already optimistic on Action?????

#4 Posted by Squalleon (4143 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

Wasn't Superman already optimistic on Action?????

Well yes!

He said that he will continue to be and he will not be dark and gritty :-P

#5 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Squalleon: Superman was never dark and gritty in Action, he was confident, optimistic and had a backbone!

He's Superman.
#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I've got a good feeling about this. Diggle's good at writing cynical characters, and Superman's rogues gallery needs a desperate make-over in that department (among other things). The fact that he also understands and respects Superman's brightness and optimism, and having no desire to alter it too, makes me happy.

#7 Posted by Squalleon (4143 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

@Squalleon: Superman was never dark and gritty in Action, he was confident, optimistic and had a backbone! He's Superman.

Diggle just puts a stop at the rumors want him to right a dark and gritty supes!

Thats what i meant!

I never said that he was dark and gritty (except for tommorow :-P)

#8 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024: Hopefully he'll tackle Toy Man, Parasite, Biazrro, Mongul, ect.

@Squalleon
Alright dude :D
#9 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

Livewire and Doomsday too! Also, I don't remember if it was addressed anywhere, but since I'm talking about Doomsday, did Superman ever die in the New 52?

#10 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024: Superdoom
#11 Posted by entropy_aegis (14205 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@SandMan_ said:

Livewire and Doomsday too! Also, I don't remember if it was addressed anywhere, but since I'm talking about Doomsday, did Superman ever die in the New 52?

Yes.

And Diggle has shown that he can write a terrific Lex,so atleast he'll most likely succeed on that front.

#12 Posted by Billy Batson (57741 posts) - - Show Bio

Very nice.

BB

#13 Posted by Pperspectiveandreality (1655 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading that I am extremely upset that he didn't get to tell his story!!!

#14 Posted by Squalleon (4143 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading that I am extremely upset that he didn't get to tell his story!!!

There were rumors that he wanted to cut Superman's hand off. And have an arc or two with Superman coming to terms with it etc. But DC didn't want to take a risk.
It was a stupid move in my opinion, imagine how good would be for DC's PR if Superman was a person with activity limitations(if that is the correct term). Plus it can be fixed very easily.

#15 Posted by Pperspectiveandreality (1655 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon:

So he was gonna do something that we hadn't seen before, obviously had a true understanding of the character, wrote a terrific first issue and then got canned because it was too risky. That sucks. Imagine the character development he could have pulled off. And his Lex Luthor was my favorite that I've ever read. I hope he gets his chance to tell his story one day.

#16 Posted by Squalleon (4143 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Pperspectiveandreality (1655 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Squalleon (4143 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon:

Why wouldn't he?

DC treated him badly even when he consider this his greatest job yet, they disrespected his vision at the last moment before he starts his run and put a bad writer to finish his story instead of writing another one. I don't see why he would trust DC again and its not like he doesn't have a name to go by, he doesn't need a big company backing him to sell.

#19 Posted by Pperspectiveandreality (1655 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon:

Ah. Well maybe if DC's leadership ever changes...

#20 Posted by Squalleon (4143 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon:

Ah. Well maybe if DC's leadership ever changes...

Then maybe we will see a Waid written Superman too but don't hold your breath :-P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.