Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18941 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Amy Adam's Lois Lane

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PurpleCandy

I only watched Man of Steel once and don't really care to watch it again but I'll get around to it.

Do you think the portrayal of Lois Lane in the Snyderverse will be fair and likeable. Honestly, I finished watching Smallville and I HATED Lois ever since she was introduced. She was just such a dumbass, always dragging herself into trouble that if she thought threw, it'd be a bad idea. No basic grasp of critical thinking or common sense. And Kat Bosworth was decent, but she walked right into the devil's lair (Lex's Ship) with her child without considering the bad outcomes of that. The least she can do is pack a piece (like in the Flashpoint movie).

So now we have Zack Snyder writing Lois Lane and Amy Adams acting her.

Will we finally see a decent Lois Lane?

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By SanoHibiki

Some people call her (Adams’ Lois) plain and unremarkable, but for me she is so far the best big screen (and TV as well) Lo that I’ve ever seen. She wasn’t irritating at all in her demeanor and actually has investigating skills.

I don’t have any problems with their kiss near the end of MOS – look at it as post-fighting adrenaline-induced kiss, but have some doubts about their chemistry. So far Adams’ Lois seems to me more like she assumed friend-mentor role than romantic interest (I don’t mind, really).

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@purplecandy: Lois Lane is the classic DiD in comics. What makes her character even worst is the fact that she's usually written as a tough no nonsense gal, while also being written as a DiD. He character is a walking contradiction.

That's why we get a lot of her doing dumb things that land her in trouble. It wasn't Adams, it's just Lois Lane.

There's a thread about this already, you should check it out.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly she wasn't as irritating as the others, but i was not impressed either. Maybe its because i'm not much of a lois fan too so hence my hypocrisy.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amy Adams is a great actress, but is she the best Lois ever portrait in both movies and tv series... Absolutely.

Margot Kidder had the fire but lacked a filter between her brain and mouth, and knew how to become irritating.

Teri Hatcher had the looks and the brain, but lacked the fire and direction. She was all over the place, manytimes those places being the wrong place wrong time kind of places, but to her credit villains seemed to be able to find her anywhere, it wasn't has if she went looking for them, most of the times.

Erica Durance lacked both the fire and the brains. She was awesome to the eye, but other than that, she annoyed the hell out of me.

Kate Bosworth, to me lacked everything. The fire, the brains, the looks and the direction. She looked more like a prop than an actual character in a movie. To me she was the worst Lois ever. Funny how the same movie was worthy of some of the worst performances I've ever seen, both from Kate and Kevin Spacey. From Brandon Routh I expected nothing, because honestly I knew nothing from him, but both Kate and Kevin, those I knew about their careers and performances, and it pained me to see such bad acting.

Buttom line... Amy Adams best Lois, by default. Her Lois wasn't great, far from it, but from what I've seen so far, she's the best of the worst. Not by her fault, but because of how events in the movie happened. She did the best with what was given to her.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Shes the best so far, I liked her in MOS

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jogga

I agreed with Nostalgia Critic on the matter. In the beginning of the movie she seemed to have to have some of that awsome Lois Lane personality, but she them seemed to have been zaped by the nolan ray.

Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amy Adams played Lana Lane in MoS. That about sums it up.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah,I agree she was a tolerable Lois by default. Nice, not that irritating as she normally is. Though still a plot device and damsel. The attempt to make her seem tough like the dicks comment was so forced and pointless as was her droning she is a Pulitzer Prize reporter. She seriously does not get any prizes for her role as a reporter because a lot of the stuff with her was forced and made no sense other than hmm,how can we get Superman to save Lois or make out with her. She might be nicer because Amy is such a cutesy inoffensive sort of actress they relied on that than Lois being that interesting. Her lack of chemistry with the younger Cavill was glaring. She came across more maternal. They just not that sexy or interesting as a couple. Might work better as close friends in the end. But everyone mentoring or more experienced than Superman is slightly irritating. We haven't really gotten to know or truly get into the heart and mind of Superman other than to see him reacting to situations.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Transformers1024

I honestly found her performance forgettable and rather bland; it almost felt as if she didn't really want to be there in the first place. If I'm being totally honest, I always forget she's actually in the movie until people bring her up.

**hides under cover before fanboys attack**

selfproclaimed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformers1024: well the movie focuses on you know superman so you're think they're not going to focus on her that much

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@selfproclaimed: Well any good movie would actually, you know, focus on developing and fleshing out their characters instead of focusing on just one -- regardless if the the titular character or not.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Best live-action version of Lois yet in my opinion

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rogueshadow  Moderator

I honestly found her performance forgettable and rather bland; it almost felt as if she didn't really want to be there in the first place. If I'm being totally honest, I always forget she's actually in the movie until people bring her up.

**hides under cover before fanboys attack**

I agree, bad writing in my opinion. She has dumb lines too, 'what if I need to tinkle?', is one of my least favourite lines in film.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformers1024: well the movie focuses on you know superman so you're think they're not going to focus on her that much

Not that much? She was forced into scenes she should never have been. She did nothing special that the military could not have easily done. She went climbing rock mountains and caves and surviving in freezing temperatures just they could say oh she is so smart and look Clark saved her. Why the did she need to go on the ship? So Superman can save her, catch her from falling yet even when he did that, it was pointed out how foolish it was since everything was being sucked up. What was she doing just appearing when he snapped Zod's neck? So she can pet him. Why is a respected reporter sucking face with a guy she barely knows? Would she have done that to a soldier if he had saved her ? She had a lot time if you ask me and still came off bland. This critique has nothing to do with Amy Adams in other roles or as an actress but she was just not remarkable in this role of Lois Lane. I think even with all the flaws in the writing a little chemistry with Cavill would have helped. But it's clear he's a younger and sexier guy to her older more maternal Lois and they just do not gel.

kidstandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@self-dceit: damn your still alive! haven't seen you since before the cbr forum reboot.

OT i can't give an honest assessment here since lois as a character doesn't appeal to me, but from what i can tell amy was pretty mediocre. whether that is the fault of her character casting or the script depends on the person

Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidstandout: Hey man, good to see you here. Yeah, I don't deal well with the type of heavy-handed, agenda-driven moderation that seems to have become the norm at CBR, so I didn't even bother going back after the forum purge.

Sorry for the off-topic, everyone. Carry on.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Well I have remember a bit of Amy Adams in MoS, I was referring to what we might see in the future like in BvS.

kidstandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@self-dceit: you were smart to do so. my only regret after getting banned from there was not calling out the mods when i had the chance.

back ot, i think amy would have made a better lana

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow with how people talk about clois and how ms lane has millions of fans i would think they would be here lol. I guess it's just a little group of loud people.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Amy Adams is a fantastic actor and she did Lois well but like someone else mentioned, it fell apart about halfway through the film and then all the way down by the end of it. She's a powerful enough character to have had more of a focus on outside of her interactions with Clark/Superman, and she was presented more of a foil to the bad guys than anything else. Too much, too fast and too improbable.

I'm partial to Margot Kidder. It might be because the chemistry between her and Christopher Reeve was off the charts, or that she had that hyper energy and confidence that I associate with Lois Lane. Amy Adams portrayed a Lois who for the most part was faultless. Lois Lane is far from faultless, which is why I like the character so much and how I prefer the character to be. Clark is perfect enough for the two of them.

WELLDONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnqestion: why is a well known reporter sucking faces with someone she barely knows? What kind of dumbass question is that? IF YOU HAVENT NOTICED HES BASICALLY A GOD AMONGST MEN + HANDSOME + MUSCULAR

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Worst Lois ever. Downright terrible.

Smallville did Lois right. Not at first of course but later in the seasons, she became excellent.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.