All Star Superman

#1 Posted by One-Above-You (1907 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
He is just a silver age superman times three with cancer. Were talking about one version of superman or rather two not the other 10 versions."

I disagree with this. Anyone else?
#2 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

You love superman way to much.

#3 Posted by One-Above-You (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. I simply disagree with you.

#4 Posted by King Saturn (225645 posts) - - Show Bio
I dont know if All Star Superman is three times as strong as Silver Age Superman... the idea of early Silver Age Superman was he had Infinite Strength... and I dont believe All Star Superman can exceed that level three times
#5 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"I dont know if All Star Superman is three times as strong as Silver Age Superman... the idea of early Silver Age Superman was he had Infinite Strength... and I dont believe All Star Superman can exceed that level three times
"
The idea comes from the picture of when he is lifting something and the sciencetist says his strength has even trippled. Then he says your going to die. He is three times as strong. Remember you did a thread on him vs composite superman.

One-Above-You said:
"Nope. I simply disagree with you."
No you just really like him to much.  Look at all the things you make up on him.
#6 Posted by One-Above-You (1907 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
"King Saturn said:
"I dont know if All Star Superman is three times as strong as Silver Age Superman... the idea of early Silver Age Superman was he had Infinite Strength... and I dont believe All Star Superman can exceed that level three times
"
The idea comes from the picture of when he is lifting something and the sciencetist says his strength has even trippled. Then he says your going to die. He is three times as strong. Remember you did a thread on him vs composite superman.
He's not three times stronger than Silver Age Supes.
#7 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio
One-Above-You said:
"zee crusher said:
"King Saturn said:
"I dont know if All Star Superman is three times as strong as Silver Age Superman... the idea of early Silver Age Superman was he had Infinite Strength... and I dont believe All Star Superman can exceed that level three times
"
The idea comes from the picture of when he is lifting something and the sciencetist says his strength has even trippled. Then he says your going to die. He is three times as strong. Remember you did a thread on him vs composite superman.
He's not three times stronger than Silver Age Supes."
You obviously haven't read any of his comics or seen when he was shown to have TIPPLED IN STRENGTH AND DIEING.
#8 Posted by lordraiden (7671 posts) - - Show Bio
One-Above-You said:
"zee crusher said:
He is just a silver age superman times three with cancer. Were talking about one version of superman or rather two not the other 10 versions."

I disagree with this. Anyone else?"

Don't need to dissagree, it's factually wrong! Hasn't been written or stated anywhere that he's stronger, only that Morrison has based his All Star Superman comic on the SA version, that is all!
#9 Posted by One-Above-You (1907 posts) - - Show Bio
lordraiden said:
"One-Above-You said:
"zee crusher said:
He is just a silver age superman times three with cancer. Were talking about one version of superman or rather two not the other 10 versions."

I disagree with this. Anyone else?"

Don't need to dissagree, it's factually wrong! Hasn't been written or stated anywhere that he's stronger, only that Morrison has based his All Star Superman comic on the SA version, that is all!"
Thank you.
#10 Posted by lordraiden (7671 posts) - - Show Bio

No problem :-)

#11 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11275 posts) - - Show Bio

Restarting the Thread

 

  ABSOLUTE ALL-STAR SUPERMAN

What where you thoughts of the series?
I would love to see more of Grant Morrison's Superman.
He can write and he can write the Superman Universe very well.
Combining both Clark and Kal-El is hard to do, so people just use a bit of Clark and a lot of Superman.
Grant is a marvellous writer and proves it in this series.
 
On 22nd of October we'll see Absolute All-Star Superman hit the stores.
I for one can't wait.
More information on it.
 
 Written by GRANT MORRISON • Art and cover by FRANK QUITELY
The Eisner Award-winning 12-issue series from Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely is now available in Absolute format! The Man of Steel battles Bizarro, Zibarro and more before facing the final revenge of Lex Luthor. Also includes a bonus sketchbook section and more!
 320pg
Oversized Hardcover
$99.99 US
#12 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11275 posts) - - Show Bio

Restarting the Thread

 

  ABSOLUTE ALL-STAR SUPERMAN

What where you thoughts of the series?
I would love to see more of Grant Morrison's Superman.
He can write and he can write the Superman Universe very well.
Combining both Clark and Kal-El is hard to do, so people just use a bit of Clark and a lot of Superman.
Grant is a marvellous writer and proves it in this series.
 
On 22nd of October we'll see Absolute All-Star Superman hit the stores.
I for one can't wait.
More information on it.
 
 Written by GRANT MORRISON • Art and cover by FRANK QUITELY
The Eisner Award-winning 12-issue series from Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely is now available in Absolute format! The Man of Steel battles Bizarro, Zibarro and more before facing the final revenge of Lex Luthor. Also includes a bonus sketchbook section and more!
 320pg
Oversized Hardcover
$99.99 US
#13 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2662 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't read Morrison writing the main stream charater. It makes me physicly sick :P

#14 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolute editions are so damn expensive :(

#15 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11275 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully it'll go down with other purchaser companies. 
I recently bought Absolute Justice, in America it's $99.00 and I live in England, here the equivalent is £65.
And I bought mine for £42.
So I was Super-happy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.