Adventures of Superman - Anyone else reading this?

#1 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been reading this series ever since it came out and it's been pretty good so far. None of the issues have been AMAZING but they do range from great (#2) to good (#1).

So far we've had Violent Minds by Jeff Parker and Chris Samnee, which was a solid story that felt very 80's, then Fortress by Jeff Lemire, a great little story that I felt was quite touching, and Bizarro's Worst Day by Justin Jordan and Riley Rossmo, a fun little story about Bizarro which, again, felt very classic.

I'm interested in the different takes on Superman we'll be seeing through the series since DC had originally announced plenty of authors that I never thought I'd see work on Superman, and the ones we've got so far have been pretty enjoyable. I just hope we get some multi-part arcs like the ones seen in Legends of the Dark Knight, Batman's own digital anthology series.

And if you aren't reading this for certain reasons, don't worry, the series is now 100% Orson Scott Card free! :P

(Although I have to admit I kinda wanna see what his story would have been like).

#2 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this, self contained superman stories,writers can go crazy,I enjoyed the first two issues,gonna read the third one now.

#3 Edited by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to buy the print editions when they come out, it looks pretty good.

#4 Posted by longbowhunter (7702 posts) - - Show Bio

Waiting for print. Don't have a proper digital reader yet.

#5 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

Adventures of Superman?

never see it

#6 Posted by shieldzeal (67 posts) - - Show Bio

When does the print come out?

#7 Posted by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll admit, it is a cute comic!

#8 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

@shieldzeal said:

When does the print come out?

May 29.

#9 Edited by Z3RO180 (6709 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to read this but not right away my interest in it is high but not as much since a whole bunch of people bitched to DC long enough to get Orsen Scott Card sacked because of reason that had nouthing to do with his ability to right a sci fi story

#10 Posted by SHTR (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I am reading it. It's been a solid read so far.

#11 Posted by Press Oblivion (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

looks good but I'll likely pick it up in print as well.

#12 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180: the second I saw you write his name, I was afraid you would moan like the 2 dollar whores did.

#13 Posted by Z3RO180 (6709 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: Lol No I don't care what his views on gay marrgige are just as long as he didn't turn supes into an anti gay character I would be okay.

#14 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Z3RO180 (6709 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: No I'm not but a some of people who didn't like OSC thought that's what he might do with superman even though DC I'm pretty sure wouldn't hire a dude who is openly agenst gay marriage turn one of their flagship characters in to a hate monger

#16 Posted by GunGunW (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

I like his costume :P

#17 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5314 posts) - - Show Bio

Its been solid so far. Just finished reading issue 4.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.