Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Adventures of Superman #47 discussion.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Have you read the latest issue? I won't spoil because the last two issues may be the best homage to the 75 years of Superman(which came a little late :-P) and the issue just came out.
    But it is certaintly one of my favorite stories from these series so far. I am looking forward to the last part.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am pretty sure @lvenger will enjoy it as much as I am, because it's main motto is "There is always a way"
    @sanohibiki do you still read this series.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Have you read the latest issue? I won't spoil because the last two issues may be the best homage to the 75 years of Superman(which came a little late :-P) and the issue just came out.

Easily. I'm really looking forward to the end now!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Lvenger

@squalleon: Unfortunately I don't read digital comics and the print issues come out much later meaning I would be behind on the issues. But I do sometimes read the reviews online and I did like the little girl issue, that was brilliant. If this issue has that as its central message I'll have to check it out.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

From time to time; several stories from AOS were disappointments IMO, so now I wait for some time, read reviews, comments and then decide worth it to buy or not…

… in any case, I read AOS 46-47. It left me with mixed feelings. Usually I dislike everything from SA and ealier, but those issues reminded me about All-Star Superman too much with all classical elements, designs, etc. to abandon this story.

Main downside for me – I’m supporter of other Motto: “Never give up”. Personally I don’t believe that “there always another way”, you can’t just always find some alternative route to save the day. You must gave your all to solve problem, sure, you must try until the very last second (in Superman’s case it’s usually enough), but sometimes circumstances are too big for you to overcome, there always something beyond your league.

Putting ideological disagreements aside, it’s a very bright, hopeful issue, with nice classical vibe.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Squalleon

@lvenger said:

@squalleon: Unfortunately I don't read digital comics and the print issues come out much later meaning I would be behind on the issues. But I do sometimes read the reviews online and I did like the little girl issue, that was brilliant. If this issue has that as its central message I'll have to check it out.

It is equally awesome. The story is narrated by Kamandi to the Boy King of America just before the destruction of earth, it is a story of hope. What makes it even better is that Superman came to earth in 1938 and the story takes place from 1938-2013 paying homage to Superman's history along the way.

@squalleon:

From time to time; several stories from AOS were disappointments IMO, so now I wait for some time, read reviews, comments and then decide worth it to buy or not…

… in any case, I read AOS 46-47. It left me with mixed feelings. Usually I dislike everything from SA and ealier, but those issues reminded me about All-Star Superman too much with all classical elements, designs, etc. to abandon this story.

Main downside for me – I’m supporter of other Motto: “Never give up”. Personally I don’t believe that “there always another way”, you can’t just always find some alternative route to save the day. You must gave your all to solve problem, sure, you must try until the very last second (in Superman’s case it’s usually enough), but sometimes circumstances are too big for you to overcome, there always something beyond your league.

Putting ideological disagreements aside, it’s a very bright, hopeful issue, with nice classical vibe.

Indeed it is a hit or miss but that's what you get when you have many writers.
    SA has some of my favorite stories(most of them contain Mr.Mxyzptlk :-P) but I agree realistically that motto isn't as sound but Superman isn't supposed to be realistic and it is supposed to be an embodiment of hope so this motto is spot-on on his character and it's nice to see that even if it is on paper(..pc?).

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: How does the timeline of the story work then?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Squalleon

@lvenger said:

It's a flashback sequence, it's like "the princess bride". There is a narrator but most of the story is said through actual story, did that help?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

It's a flashback sequence, it's like "the princess bride". There is a narrator but most of the story is said through actual story, did that help?

Kinda, sorta. I guess I'd have to read the story to see for myself really.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By SaintWildcard

Meh, Im dropping this title. Need to open up some space in the ol wallet for other comics.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Squalleon

@lvenger said:

@squalleon said:

@lvenger said:

Kinda, sorta. I guess I'd have to read the story to see for myself really.

Yeah and I am not a good explainer either :-P
    Still it is worth your dollar, It's one of these stories that although good it won't get any recognition because it is a digital :-(

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, Im dropping this title. Need to open up some space in the ol wallet for other comics.

Before you drop it check the last two issues.
    I agree this title is inconsistent but some of these stories are more than good.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@saint_wildcard said:

Before you drop it check the last two issues.

I agree this title is inconsistent but some of these stories are more than good.

It has nothing to do with quality of the book. I enjoy it and it's something that I would suggest to a kid (not in a bad way). But with all these titles coming out (and I plan on getting Futures end) some titles must be sacrificed. Im already getting like 6 Superman titles (including this one). But maybe I'll check these issues out.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good stuff, but then again, it's Joe Keatinge. Did anyone here read Glory?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.