Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Action comics questions

YoungThriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By YoungThriller

1:How many issues are there going to be? Is issue 6 the last one?

2:After action comics do they just continue it in superman issues?

3:What is the time span between action comics,superman issues,and justice league?

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By the_tree

Action Comics will go on forever, but the protagonist and creators eventually change. Grant Morrison isn't leaving for the foreseeable future. Action takes place 6 years into the past and will eventually catch up to the present. Justice League is set 5 years into the past, and will eventually catch up too. Superman is in the present.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @YoungThriller said:

1. Action Comics is an ongoing series, it will continue for ever more.
    2. Action Comics and Superman tell different storys from Kal's past and present 
    3. I'm not sure but I think it's about 3 years 
    longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By longbowhunter

Action Comics is an ongoing series. The time span between Action and Superman is said to be 5 years.

YoungThriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By YoungThriller

@The_Tree: So is action comics superman always going to be golden age level?

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By buttersdaman000

The span between Superman and the current Justice League arc is 5 years. The span between the current Justice League arc and action comics is most likely only one year.....2 at the most. 

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By buttersdaman000

And no, after this arc concludes I think Action, like Justice League, will jump into current stories

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By the_tree

@YoungThriller: No, once the story gets to present day, he'll be on the same power level as the Superman that appears in the Superman series.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By azza04

So freaking dissapointed with the Superman title...WHY WHY WHY couldn't it have just been good??

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By UltimateSMfan

@azza04: hey dont lose hope just yet after next # Dan jurgens and keith giffen are comin on n they have serious plans for Supes,they have a helspont arc but after that their plannnin on creatin totally new villains n stuff,i mean DJ is the guy who thought up Doomsday...so this gotta be good,oh n check this out http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=36592

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By azza04

@UltimateSMfan: Yeah I'm going to hang in there, March just needs to hurry the hell up. I know not all the titles in the New 52 were going to be good but this is Superman, I'm really supprised and dissapointed that they went in this direction for the titles first story arc. And thanks for that link mate that was a good read, it sounds like they have realy got some goods plans for the Superman titles :D I'm excited!

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Deranged Midget

@The_Tree said:

Action Comics will go on forever, but the protagonist and creators eventually change. Grant Morrison isn't leaving for the foreseeable future. Action takes place 6 years into the past and will eventually catch up to the present. Justice League is set 5 years into the past, and will eventually catch up too. Superman is in the present.

I don't remember it being mentioned how much further it is in the past, but it's a hell of a lot more than 6. The differences between Action and Justice League are pretty big.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.