Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Action Comics New 52 Superman

Avatar image for sirlaughsalot22
    SirLaughsAlot22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SirLaughsAlot22

just started to read them only finished #1 to #2 didn't like the first one too much but there was a lot of good information in the first one like clark kent working for a rival paper company and it seems as though lois's dad is more involved i didn't like the art on lex luthor thought he looked weird.#2 had a pretty good cliff hanger in the end there.But do you guys like that series

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Kal'smahboi

I loved #1. The rest of the series has been pretty great, too. I just can't wait for them to get back to the main story.

Avatar image for sirlaughsalot22
    SirLaughsAlot22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SirLaughsAlot22

yeah some of the art work turned me off but when i got past how different clark look and how luthor looked i really respected grant morrison's work

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Gambit1024

I liked them all except for the latest one. I read and reread it and I still have no idea what the hell that issue was about. Stupid Legion. That team's always confused the hell out of me.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kal'smahboi
    @Gambit1024 said:

I liked them all except for the latest one. I read and reread it and I still have no idea what the hell that issue was about. Stupid Legion. That team's always confused the hell out of me.

It was an intricate story and has odd placement in the series. I got it, but I didn't get it.
    SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SuperShafe

Yeah 5 and 6 were great issues but i'd like to get back to the main story. 5 and 6 seemed like they were thrown in at a weird time. Still Morrison was born to write Superman.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Gambit1024

@Kal'smahboi said:

@Gambit1024 said:

It was an intricate story and has odd placement in the series. I got it, but I didn't get it.

I guess that's more of a Morrison problem than it is the team's problem. I hate it when he jumps all over the place like that. It's my biggest complaint with All-Star Superman.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kidchipotle

I really like the New 52 Action Comic's origin story. The Legion issue really confused me. It made no sense to me. At all. I kind of just brushed through it. What I don't like about the AC origin is how it hasn't explained Clarks time on the farm. I wanna see some Lana, Pete, and hopefully CHLOE. Another thing I don't like is his origin with Lex. He's just some random guy who was assigned to torture supes. I was hoping for an old school origin // smallville origin where Clark knew Lex and something happened between them that led to Lex hating Superman (like lex finding out Clark has powers but somehow got amnesia where he forgot Clark had powers and was an alien but when he came too he still had an intangible hate for Superman being an alien.) That would tie everything together and be perfect because it's an emotional hate rather than some random one.

AngelusDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really enjoying them, it's just issue #0 puzzled me. How could Kal El be there when talking about his parent's? Other than that it's awesome.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

What a waste of an account. And of course it had to be a newbie that bumped this

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@angelusdawn: Get ready to be confused, Action Comic's first few arcs are not new reader friendly.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morrison's work is too much, no idea why people love it so much.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Squalleon

I would advise everyone not to read issues 5,6 until after you finished the first arc. Read issues 0,1-4,7,8. Then read the rest, since issues 5,6 are fillers to give more time to the main artist. And they will confuse you.

Grant Morrison's Action Comics run, is great even with it's flaws, only the ideas and homages that it contains in such a intelligent manner to make it fit the overall story makes it a must read on my book. It is basically Superman 101 all by itself.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
    Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I would advise everyone not to read issues 5,6 until after you finished the first arc. Read issues 0,1-4,7,8. Then read the rest, since issues 5,6 are fillers to give more time to the main artist. And they will confuse you.

@superguy1591 said:

Grant Morrison's Action Comics run, is great even with it's flaws, only the ideas and homages that it contains in such a intelligent manner to make it fit the overall story makes it a must read on my book. It is basically Superman 101 all by itself.

I agree. I love how its so expansive of Superman's mythology. I think this easily surpasses Aaron's Thor, Snyder's Batman, and Hickman's Avengers. What would be your favorite issue of the run?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

@superguy1591 said:

I agree. I love how its so expansive of Superman's mythology. I think this easily surpasses Aaron's Thor, Snyder's Batman, and Hickman's Avengers. What would be your favorite issue of the run?

It would either be 13,9 or 0. But I am tending to say 0.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know how many issues are in vol 1 of action comics?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By comic_bruh777

@squalleon: thanks! I'm pretty new to this site lol

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_bruh777: im pretty new to the sute too. Im here for less than a month. But it's so great.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Bump

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By SOG7dc

@saint_wildcard:

I wanted to talk about Morrisons run but I didn't want to make a new thread.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely!

Action Comics has been the most stable of Superman comics. Or at least the one that has not deviated so much from the original path. At least until now.

Action Comics #36 has started with a new direction for Superman. One I'm sorry to say, has not impressed me in the least. Hope it gets better, SOON!

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always preferred AC over the main Superman title but I really need to reread Morrison's run because I was confused as fu*k during some of the 5th Dimension Arc.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.