Action Comics #846

#1 Posted by G-Man (30625 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone read this? You have Geoff Johns and Richard Freakin' Donner writing plus Adam Kubert on art. Oh and then there's the fact that Zod, Ursa, and Non are in it. I'm assuming they retconed all the Zod stuff that happened before but I'm actually interested in a Superman comic again. The whole thing with the kid is interesting too.

Staff
#2 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#3 Posted by G-Man (30625 posts) - - Show Bio

Raines says:

"There's only one true Zod and thats "Terrance Stamp"."

Post Edited:2007-03-03 23:46:10

Staff
#4 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so tired of Geoff Johns. It's like they let somebody who has all the creative capacity of a fanfiction.net user, (and I'll admit, someone who's very good at putting his stories together, I'll give him that) and let him have free reign in the DC Universe. Then, they let Richard Donner write too, and I think, "Oh, ok, this will be frsh and new." What do they do? They bring in HIS Zod, disregard all real Zods who came before, they bring HIS Ursa and Non into continuity, and then, above all that, they just HAVE to name the new super-kid "Christopher". Oh, and you can't be without the fortress! Yup, they even brought in Donner's Fortress of Solitude. Thank you very much DC, but I don't need this stuff CRAMMED down my throat in such large quantities. I get it, ok? Richard Donner. I've seen the movies already. I don't need their storylines put into the comics.

If you want a good, original Superman story, I suggest taking a look at Busiek's current Superman run.

#5 Posted by G-Man (30625 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhm...okay. Sorry I brought it up.

Staff
#6 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#7 Posted by G-Man (30625 posts) - - Show Bio

That's the beauty, we're all entitled to our opinions. It just happens mine is the right one.

But I do agree that retcons can be lame. DC seems to be really good at doing them often.

Staff
#8 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come off like that. It's just that I'd rather there be something new, and Geoff Johns seems to be insistant upon bringing back old, rehashed stuff. And then you get Donner, and they just truck in stuff from his movies. Sorry I sounded like I was being personal about it.

#9 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#10 Posted by G-Man (30625 posts) - - Show Bio

ScoodleDaddle says:

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come off like that. It's just that I'd rather there be something new, and Geoff Johns seems to be insistant upon bringing back old, rehashed stuff. And then you get Donner, and they just truck in stuff from his movies. Sorry I sounded like I was being personal about it."

Don't apologize. It's your opinion. If we all felt the same, what would we talk about? The thread would die quickly. If you were saying "whoever likes _ is a crazy a__hole..." that'd be another story.

Staff
#11 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#12 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoever like Captain Marvel is a crazy a__hole.

#13 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.