Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Action Comics #40 preview Bizarro World spoilers

greenarrowfan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

greenarrowfan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By greenarrowfan12

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2015/03/09/superman-action-comics-exclusive-preview/24669051/

Edstone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same old s**t.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Beautiful work, Kuder. Gorgeous. Kuder gets better with each passing page.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

remember guys, this issue is not canon.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Kinda underwhelming start...Oh well, its Bizarro and Kuder, its gonna be enjoyable nonetheless!

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Superguy1591

@squalleon: really? You didn't like it? Seemed fun to me.

=D

One day we'll agree.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Not very fond of how this issue just randomly starts off being a non canon drop off at Bizarro world but I am at least curious about Metallo being some kind of reasonable antangonist to Bizarro. It might be the case that Pak can handle a light and easy going one off issue of fun this time around. So I'll see what the reviews/online images show for this issue.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@sog7dc said:

Ugly work, Kuder. Hideous. Kuder gets worse with each passing page.

Broken

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: really? You didn't like it? Seemed fun to me.

=D

One day we'll agree.

It is just set-up thats all. Its not that I didn't like it, its just that I didn't see anything that I already didn't know. Except Metallo.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Expecting some fun from this, didn't get much from this preview. I wonder what this does to the B-Zero.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mindless fun expected. Plus this is the first time I see B-Metallo; what an interesting design :)

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mindless fun expected. Plus this is the first time I see B-Metallo; what an interesting design :)

Looks like JImmy Olsen to me. I wonder what made Pak chose Metallo as the smart one. Morrison said it was an anomaly and that only 1 out of a billion was smart. I think Pak likes Metallo, it's why he was featured a lot during Doomed and was protecting The Daily Planet upon Clark's return.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Expecting some fun from this, didn't get much from this preview. I wonder what this does to the B-Zero.

Nothing really. This is the Bizarro world that is part of the multiverse.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard:

I think Pak likes Metallo, it's why he was featured a lot during Doomed and was protecting The Daily Planet upon Clark's return.

I think so as well. It looks like Metallo, Lana, Steel and Hiro are his favorites.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Not very fond of how this issue just randomly starts off being a non canon drop off at Bizarro world but I am at least curious about Metallo being some kind of reasonable antangonist to Bizarro. It might be the case that Pak can handle a light and easy going one off issue of fun this time around. So I'll see what the reviews/online images show for this issue.

Agreed. But I can see why they did it. High hopes for this. I hope it to be hilarious.

@saint_wildcard:

I think Pak likes Metallo, it's why he was featured a lot during Doomed and was protecting The Daily Planet upon Clark's return.

I think so as well. It looks like Metallo, Lana, Steel and Hiro are his favorites.

• He probably genually likes Metallo.
    • Lana is the character he was allowed to tackle when he entered his run. Since Lobdell had plans for the rest of Superman's supporting cast(Lois, Supergirl, Superboy). Pak said that in an interview before.
    • I have no idea if he likes Steel or not. But I am glad Steel is somewhere.
    • And Hiro is probably the character Pak wanted to bring on the game, to introduce a character of similar background and heritage(Pak is half Korean), thats why he reinvented and re-introduced him.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: also, this might be the last time we see bearded Superman:(

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: That explains a lot about Pak's supporting cast choices then and why he hasn't been able to work with the regular cast.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@squalleon: That explains a lot about Pak's supporting cast choices then and why he hasn't been able to work with the regular cast.

I vividly remember it, in a newsarama interview when he got on the title(actually just before Doomed). Him sayin they had planned Doomed one year prior and how editors told him these are the characters you can tackle etc.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
    FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Superbeard...

10/10

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Superguy1591

@squalleon: i see, let's hope Pak writes a good chapter. I want his sales to rebound because I geniunely like him on Action Comics.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: he made Lana awesome though.

By ripping off Lois Lane and giving her personality and characteristics to Lana. I find your preference for Lana over Lois rather delicious in irony.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superbeard...

10/10

So may I ask what it is you like about the Superbeard? I find it quite scraggly and unseemly of Superman's look. Not to mention that it's much more of a dead ringer for the secret identity alarm bells than a pair of glasses and posture change.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
    FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@lvenger: Because it's super, AND it's a beard. It's a Superbeard! Duh.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: i see, let's hope Pak writes a good chapter. I want his sales to rebound because I geniunely like him on Action Comics.

Me too. I find myself liking most of Pak's work(although credit goes to La Vente for Herc too). I do feel though that he is stuck in some very tricky concepts post doomed and personally I think he executed them rather mediocre in Horrorville. Still the first arc was great and one of the betters of the new 52 so I hope he will return to form.

But lets be honest, Kuder is the true star of AC.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

Lana is the character he was allowed to tackle when he entered his run. Since Lobdell had plans for the rest of Superman's supporting cast(Lois, Supergirl, Superboy). Pak said that in an interview before.

Can’t believe that I’m gonna say it, but in such case I’m glad that Lobdell had authority over those members of Superman’s supporting cast (though I thought Supergirl was spared of it and Lobdell didn’t have any word in her development?). Pak’s Lana is one of the best character reinventions in New-52; I’m really glad that he decided to tackle her.

But I am glad Steel is somewhere.

Agreed.

And Hiro is probably the character Pak wanted to bring on the game, to introduce a character of similar background and heritage(Pak is half Korean), thats why he reinvented and re-introduced him.

Probably. And Pak done admirable job at that imo. New-52 Hiro is a fan and likable guy; hopefully when Pak’ll leave Superman books, all his world-building won’t be completely forgotten and abandoned.

@sanohibiki: also, this might be the last time we see bearded Superman:(

No Caption Provided

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

Lana is the character he was allowed to tackle when he entered his run. Since Lobdell had plans for the rest of Superman's supporting cast(Lois, Supergirl, Superboy). Pak said that in an interview before.

Can’t believe that I’m gonna say it, but in such case I’m glad that Lobdell had authority over those members of Superman’s supporting cast (though I thought Supergirl was spared of it and Lobdell didn’t have any word in her development?). Pak’s Lana is one of the best character reinventions in New-52; I’m really glad that he decided to tackle her.

I think Supergirl was directly influenced by Lobdell. Even the Lex Luthor who for some reason was the masterplaner of an arc was the Lobdell edition.
    I think she is really likeable. But all I see is Lois-lite imo :P Don't get me wrong but Pak for me writes Red-headed Lois and for the first time we get an inner monologue for her. Because from a kind farm girl, she changed into an courageous,reckless, bit of a tom-boy adventurer all characteristics that Lois has imo.
    Again I like Lana, but how could I not since she essentially is Lois :P

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Superguy1591

@lvenger: then you have more of a reason to hate Lobdell because I might'be enjoyed Pak's Lois.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I do enjoy Kud's art. I'm also loving the color guy.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I do enjoy Kud's art. I'm also loving the color guy.

I never stopped to look who does the colors. That is bad. Because he does a good job. While Horrorville was meh arc for me I think the colors were very fitting.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.