Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Action Comics #40- Bizarro vs Superman

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

ACTION COMICS #40

Written by GREG PAK

Art and cover by AARON KUDER

MOVIE POSTER Variant cover by JOE QUINONES

1:25 Variant cover by JAE LEE

On sale MARCH 4 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Retailers: This issue will ship with three covers. Please see the order form for details.

Bizarro make Superman sane! Happy to see each other! No fighting ever!

I loved John's take on him during Forever Evil. Wonder what Pak plans on doing with him.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Wonder how they will explain his return, if it is the same Bizarro!

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also March solicits are out and we still haven't got a glimpse on the new suit.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Damn, I’m glad that Jae Lee done only variant cover and Kuder remains the main artist on AC. Lee’s art fits very well in BM/SM, but in AC… Just no.

That the least of my concerns. Superman #40 is written by Romita Jr… I don’t really like him even as artist, but how he’s as an author?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, I’m glad that Jae Lee done only variant cover and Kuder remains the main artist on AC. Lee’s art fits very well in BM/SM, but in AC… Just no.

@squalleon said:

That the least of my concerns. Superman #40 is written by Romita Jr… I don’t really like him even as artist, but how he’s as an author?

Its a complete fill-in issue so I don't care. Even the solicits make clear that it is just meaningless filler so Johns can buy time.

As for Jae Lee, his art is sterile as hell, he thrives in the shadows so his Batman looks good but everything Superman related is bad, from faces to blank backgrounds etc.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

Hopefully it would be one-issue filler; don’t really want to read whole story arc from Romita Jr.

Feel the same about Jae Lee.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Squalleon

@squalleon:

Hopefully it would be one-issue filler; don’t really want to read whole story arc from Romita Jr.

Feel the same about Jae Lee.

There is no way DC is gonna give JRJR a whole arc and Johns made clear since issue one that he is the masterplaner. I think the only reason he gets a filler is because Johns needs extra time for Darkseid War.

Also the solicit screams filler issue:

The spotlight shines on John Romita, Jr. as he goes solo to tell the story of the testing of Superman’s new power against the Justice League! But the appearance of an unexpected enemy could end the Man of Steel’s life!

It is at worst a two part story. But lets not be hasty to bash him, you never know :)

On the other hand the Man of steel statue by JRJR looks incredible good, the sculpture made it even better than the referrence picture:

No Caption Provided

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

There is no way DC is gonna give JRJR a whole arc and Johns made clear since issue one that he is the masterplaner. I think the only reason he gets a filler is because Johns needs extra time for Darkseid War.

You said it yourself, mate. Who knows how much time and effort Darkseid War gonna take from Johns…

But lets not be hasty to bash him, you never know :)

Usually I support “judge movie after watching it/comic book after reading it”-approach, but Daniels’ example on AC not filling me with confidence :P

On the other hand the Man of steel statue by JRJR looks incredible good,

Respectfully disagree. Face looks way off (imo, at least).

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

You said it yourself, mate. Who knows how much time and effort Darkseid War gonna take from Johns…

But lets not be hasty to bash him, you never know :)

Usually I support “judge movie after watching it/comic book after reading it”-approach, but Daniels’ example on AC not filling me with confidence :P

On the other hand the Man of steel statue by JRJR looks incredible good,

Respectfully disagree. Face looks way off (imo, at least).

There is no way Johns is gonna leave for a whole arc. Especially with all these changes on the horizon, the new status quo that is about to come and with DC's intention to push the title.

As opposed to Daniel's who had wrote comics in the past(again badly) JRJR still hasn't written as far as I know, who knows his story might be enjoyable.

The face was one of the things that I thought was improved and really liked. He looks like a true person!

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

There is no way Johns is gonna leave for a whole arc. Especially with all these changes on the horizon, the new status quo that is about to come and with DC's intention to push the title.

As opposed to Daniel's who had wrote comics in the past(again badly) JRJR still hasn't written as far as I know, who knows his story might be enjoyable.

The face was one of the things that I thought was improved and really liked. He looks like a true person!

It’s all about priority. Compared to Darkseid War, Superman book might be second-lister. Fingers crossed though that this wouldn’t happen.

Who knows. If we’re lucky, then it will be so.

As a person – yes, but not like Superman (again, imo). To me it looks more it belongs to Sherlock Holmes from recent Crimes & Punishments game (idk why so).

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's strange to see Bizarro appear just like that. Out of nowhere, but okay. Maybe we'll get something similar to what happened in All Star Superman, were this Bizarro is actually from another dimension.

Although they could use the events that occured in Action Comics #19-#21, The Hybrid (if I'm not mistaken), to explain the appearance of this Bizarro. That would be the smart move, but I doubt it.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although I squashed away the thought as soon as it appeared, I thought the moment Bizzaro said "Bizarro make Superman sane!"-AKA he's going to drive him insane- that Bizzaro was the alleged "Superman's Joker". It's a long shot, but an interesting thought.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga said:

Although I squashed away the thought as soon as it appeared, I thought the moment Bizzaro said "Bizarro make Superman sane!"-AKA he's going to drive him insane- that Bizzaro was the alleged "Superman's Joker". It's a long shot, but an interesting thought.

I don't think DC would give away the killer so easily :P And Bizarro definitely hasn't motive or enough brain power to pull of something like that :P

It's strange to see Bizarro appear just like that. Out of nowhere, but okay. Maybe we'll get something similar to what happened in All Star Superman, were this Bizarro is actually from another dimension.

Although they could use the events that occured in Action Comics #19-#21, The Hybrid (if I'm not mistaken), to explain the appearance of this Bizarro. That would be the smart move, but I doubt it.

I really don't think they will bring the Hybrid in. The Hybrid didn't look remotely like Bizarro and this Bizarro looks like the clone Luthor created. Also I really don't want to be the hybrid, the other Bizarro has a nicer backstory and his role in Forever Evil was quite nice.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Is this the first time he appeared since Forever Evil?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this the first time he appeared since Forever Evil?

Yes.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#17  Edited By CrazyScarecrow

Hell to the yeah! Bizarro! The New 52 needs so much more Bizarro!

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

There's only the problem of Luthor being without Bizarro's for the moment. The one he had, wasn't even a Bizarro but more of a imperfect clone of Superman, and even when he used the same genetic material to try to create a perfect clone, the scientists told Luthor it would take at least 5 years for the clone to be ready. So unless he awakens and breaks out sooner, I'm not seeing where this Bizarro comes from.

Unless its a prank from that imp from the 5th dimension.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.