Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

About Superman's children...? I'm confused...

anjuwayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is Jon Kent born in new52 but raised in the future? Does Chris Kent exist in new52? Did Cir-el return to new52 and stay even though she could cause a future where Superman attacks the city for no reason?

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Zarius

@anjuwayo said:

Is Jon Kent born in new52 but raised in the future? Does Chris Kent exist in new52? Did Cir-el return to new52 and stay even though she could cause a future where Superman attacks the city for no reason?

Jon Kent was the child born in Convergence to the Superman and Lois of the pre-52 universe. Those versions of the Kents have been living on New 52 Earth for several years when we catch up with them in the Lois and Clark series.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:
    @anjuwayo said:

Jon Kent was the child born in Convergence to the Superman and Lois of the pre-52 universe. Those versions of the Kents have been living on New 52 Earth for several years when we catch up with them in the Lois and Clark series.

Or do you mean that another Jon? The one from Superboy is cloned.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh fudge, I forgot about that one.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anjuwayo said:

Okay. Lets get this show on the road.

Jon Kent was the son of the New 52, Superman and Lois Lane but from a alternate timeline. In that timeline Clark and Lois most have grown romantic feelings for each other and BAM! a baby boy.

All was good until Jon came close to celebrating his 4 year aniversary. While flying with his father he suddently fell from the sky. He was then diagnosed with some sort of genetical breakdown. And not even the top minds on the planet (they even asked Luthor for help, that says a lot) and then suddently it seemed that the child died. And both Superman and Lois entered the Fortress of Solitude with their son, and then they disappeared.

But a time traveler, which came to be know by the name Harvest. Used his chronal powers, plus the tech he stole from all his travels into the past (Harvest himself could only travel in one direction in time, the past) and he found out the child was not dead. But that his mind had somehow left the body and was unable to return. He was able to temporarely solve the problem, he raised Jon as his own son, and brainwashed him into helping Harvest, track down and kill all meta-humans.

Later Jon started showing signs of the same genetic breakdown again, and Harvest placed him in stasis. He then traveled to the past and obtained blood samples from Lois and Clark, and used N.O.W.H.E.R.E resources to create Kon-El. The new 52 Superboy we were introduced to. By all intended purposes Kon was a clone of Jon, with one main difference. Kon has a triple helix dna, 45% kryptonian, 45% human, and 10% unknown. While Jon only has the double helix dna, 50% human, 50% kryptonian. Kon was created as a means to try and find a cure for Jon disease.

Chris Kent does not exist in the New 52. Has Zod and Faora story changed, but mainly the Phantom Zone itself changed. Chris Kent, is a pre-N52 character and will remain so, until he's somehow reintroduced, if ever.

Cir-El. You mean S girl? I don't remember seeing her in Convergence. I do remember seeing Matrix, aka Supergirl. The one that's made from protoplasma. But either way I neither heard or read anything that leads me to believe either of them is on Earth-0.

anjuwayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you very much I did more research and I want Chris to be born and raised by Superman, I want Cir-el to appear without her personality issues and I want the young hero Jon to return...

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius: so the new Lois and Clark comic is set in new 52 earth ?

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180:

Has you might know at a given moment, more precisely in the events of Krypton Returns, Kon was fighting Jon and winning, but before he could finish him off he was pulled by the Oracle to the events of Krypton Returns arc.

Jon took that opportunity to take Kon place. And for awhile he was hell bent on destroying all metas in the present, saving the trouble to have to kill them in the future. But his genetic breakdown kicked in, and he was helped, by a team I unfortunetely forgot the name.

The point is, the time he spent with those people showed him another side to humanity he didn't know. And so he started to change. Soon after that he started hearing voices and seeing alternate versions of himself. With the help of said team he was able to track the source of the anomaly back to a place where he found, himself. Or better yet him from the future when the genetic breakdown reached such a point, Harvest had to place Jon body in stasis. When he approached the body a kind of temporal distortion field surrounded the facility and where once was two Jon's now there was only one made of somekind of energy, also appeared lots of alternate timelines Superboys.

Inside the the main one, Jon consciousness met Kon. And Kon told him how the Oracle had saved him when Krypton blew up, by making him into one of his heralds. But because of the time paradox of existing two Jon Kent in the same time, his own consciousness was pulled towards Jon and he was the one guiding him to not only becoming a better person but also also to discover the source of the anomaly.

While they're talking a third presence revealed itself. Jon that was in stasis, the one that had killed all metas in the alternate future. He was able to somehow overpower both Jon and Kon, and separate himself from them. Doing so, releasing them from the body made of energy and into their own individual bodies. But evil Jon, intended to kill off any Superboy other than himself and conquer the world. So both Kon and now good Jon, teammed up and got their asses handed to them. Until good Jon noticed something. That the time distortion bubble was not only the thing keeping them trap in that placed, but because it had been created by the paradox, of the two Jon's then if he was able to push himself and evil Jon into the bubble wall, that the temporal anomaly might end. And so he did with the help of Kon.

Good Jon pushed evil Jon against the bubble with all his powers and then there was a kind of explosion. Eliminating all alternate timelines Superboys and apparently both Jon's with it. Leaving only Kon. The original Superboy of the New 52.

Has for your question to @zarius. The answer is yes.

The pregnant Lois and Superman from what I believe were from exactly before Flashpoint started, and we saw in Convergence, somehow ended up on Earth-0. How? No idea. But from interviews it has been stated that both them and their son have been living on Earth-0 for years now. Their son is no longer a baby but a kid maybe around 10 or slightly more years old.

Honestly I don't get the whole idea of putting them in Earth-0. DC had 52 Earths to put them in, so why choose Earth-0 is beyond me. But I'm not gonna read it. So I'll never know the why's. And honestly I don't care. To me this all seems like a move to please Clois fans or to see people's reaction to the pair and see if they should continue with Clark and Diana, or move back to Clark and Lois. Either way it's not a move I aprove so I'm gonna skip on this one. If it on another Earth I'd read it, but Earth-0... Seems fishy.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: ahh ok thanks anyway. I ask because that entire concept sounds really hard to follow unless you have read or know enough about what has happened to Kon.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lobdell did write it.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lobdell wrote everything (pretty much) up to when jon took over,the end was written by Aaron kuder.

BTW I like the idea of Superman's kids,I still think Chris kent/lor-zod is still possible,I liked the "idea" of cir-el,and I wish they would bring back another version,but how she was wiped from reality and memory is how I would have hoped jon lane Kent could have been wiped out also.that way we could have had kon with a new origin.i can see jon Samuel kent being what Chris could have been,plus the next generation of superboy.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stephens2177:

But by the way things are going you're gonna have to wait for another reboot to see some, if any, of those characters returning.

They cancelled both Superboy and Supergirl comics. That was a major sign that things are not going well for the Super family.

Even though this Supergirl tv series has had a good reception. I'm very doubtful of it's ability to remain on air for more than one season.

Something about the cast and the suit just seems wrong. Especially Kara herself. She's so... plain, and sweet that it actually hurts her credibility. And starting the show with already 4 people knowing her secret identity, also not a good sign. And Calista Flockhart, has Cat Grant!? For the love of all that's holy, couldn't they have picked a actress more fitting for the role?!

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I would support a SUPER family type book with all the SUPER characters that can't support or have trouble supporting their own book.

Jon Samuel Kent has been on the new main earth now for about 9 years,and Jon lane Kent just wiped himself out of reality,I hope DC decides to tweak kons origin a bit because of this.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: well cat grant is hot and annoying so from that point of view they picked the right actress

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180:

Okay I accept the annoying part. Calista Flockhart always annoyed the hell out of me, in every show I seen her.

But hot... Well my friend you and I have very different definition of a hot woman.

So in the hotness part lets agree to disagree.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.