Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

A Superman Game: Getting It Out There

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
    MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MercinWithAMouth

I've easily been told more than once that I should try and get some of my ideas surrounding a Superman game out there. I was wondering if any of you had thoughts towards how I could do so?

I have recently begun work on the idea of a Justice League game and I've shared that with along with my previous Superman post with people, who've recommended I even get an agent and hire a programmer to draw up a rough demo. I love doing this and I'm very interested in pursuing it, but I'm not sure where to begin when it comes to promoting these ideas seriously.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By dernman

Don't try and make money off of it or they'll sue you.

MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MercinWithAMouth

@dernman: Of course, haha. I just need multiple ways I can get my ideas out there to potentially make WB/DC aware or something of that nature.

gunns85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good, at least someone is trying

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Are you sure working on a Superman game yourself without WB Games' say-so is a good idea? If the rumours are true that they are developing a Superman game, they'll shut your project down faster than you can say Judas Priest. Plus, this is the first I've heard of you getting an agent and developer for your own ideas, not that it isn't a good one in principle.

MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MercinWithAMouth

@lvenger: I don't have any intention of developing anything unless they were to give the okay of course. I don't plan on doing anything illegal. This is more of a "get my ideas out there" kind of thing.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercinwithamouth: Ah a more conceptually driven thing, a lot of effort and even money to put into something that won't bear you any economic fruit.

MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MercinWithAMouth

@lvenger: True, it'd be a lot of effort and potentially some money. I don't feel it'd be completely non-beneficial, especially if I got to actually talk with DC/WB about it.

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Enzo991

Not to be a jerk or anything, but if you're hoping to somehow get WB to make a game based on your ideas, you might as well be dreaming. If they wanted to make a Superman game, then they would've already planned it and know exactly what they want to include, based on input from their teams in WB and DC, and if they're not planning a game then you are not gonna convince them to make it.

MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MercinWithAMouth

@enzo991: Well, I don't have my hopes up nor have I. I get that you're being a realist but ya never know. Hell, I'd be satisfied with getting Geoff Johns or Rocksteady's opinion on it after it's finished or something like that. I can hope.

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Enzo991

@mercinwithamouth: I see what you're trying to do here, and I wish you all the best. However, companies like WB and Disney have a history of ignoring people who WORK at DC and Marvel when creating media for their different properties, so I don't see why a random poster on an internet forum would have a better luck.

It's not about being a realist. The naive fan in me wishes WB would take creative advises from writers at DC when it comes to creating movies or video games, but the realist in me knows that at the end of the day, whatever the marketing team decides on will be what we get. Hoping that WB/Marvel would take input from the fans is far beyond wishful thinking however.

Unless you have a development studio, and can make a pitch for a game, there is really no feasible way to deliver your ideas to WB.

One last thing. Now that I think about it, there is a user on the site who's a video game developer ( or maybe still studying I can't remember ) called @smashton who also seems to be interested in making a Superman video game, and has his own ideas about how to go about doing it. Maybe the two of you can get together and come up with a pitch for a game, assuming you have the people to develop something. I guess this would be your best bet in making sure your ideas reach someone at WB.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercinwithamouth: You're right, not necessarily a lot of money in comparison to what is put into making video games from mainstream and indie companies. But depending on your financial position, it might be a lot for you.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.