A Rumor on Man of Steel's Action?

#1 Posted by MB25 (335 posts) - - Show Bio

The upcoming Zack Snyder Superman movie Man of Steel doesn't come out til next June and besides the trailer shown at Comic-Con (expected to hit with The Dark Knight Rises), there aren't a lot of details of how it's going to hold up.

Over at Bleeding Cool they got a taste at Comic-Con from an unknown source of what they think is a sequence from the film, so possible spoiler ahead:

"But I have been told details of one specific scene in particular, in which Superman breaks apart a building and uses the building itself as a weapon in some kind of ‘super martial art’ fashion. “Girders as throwing stars” was the specific example I was given."

Again, treat this as a rumor for now but it does sound different from the 2006 film Superman Returns.

Henry Cavill plays Superman in the June 14, 2013 release. The film also stars Amy Adams as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane, and Laurence Fishburne as her editor-in-chief, Perry White. Starring as Clark Kent's adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Diane Lane and Kevin Costner. Squaring off against the superhero are two other surviving Kryptonians, the villainous General Zod, played by Michael Shannon, and Faora, Zod's evil partner, played by Antje Traue. Also from Superman's native Krypton are Lara Lor-Van, Superman's mother, played by Ayelet Zurer, and Superman's father, Jor-El, portrayed by Russell Crowe. Rounding out the cast are Harry Lennix as U.S. military man General Swanwick, as well as Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/171859-rumor-on-man-of-steels-action

ITS ABOUT FRIGGIN TIME!!!!

#2 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Its still a rumor, but I think it looks very likely.

#3 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Rips apart a building? Damn, it's within his power but doesn't sound like something he'd ever do considering the risk to all the innocent civilians.

#4 Posted by MB25 (335 posts) - - Show Bio

Throws steel girders like theyre shurikens?!?! Now thats what i call a batarang :)

#5 Posted by MB25 (335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: I'm guessing the building doesn't necessarily have to be inhabited or there might not even be people around

#6 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

i just hope it makes supes look cool people nowadays want there superheroes to be B.A. so having supes beat the crap out of Zod will help with that.

#7 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@MB25: No, but buildings are usually in decently populated areas.

#8 Posted by TheAntiReVamp (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is actually going to punch something?Big improvement from the last film.

#9 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

Rips apart a building? Damn, it's within his power but doesn't sound like something he'd ever do considering the risk to all the innocent civilians.

Don''t be such a party pooper. There won't be people in the building :P
#10 Posted by Lvenger (18329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: It'll probably be abandoned. Supposedly the Superman vs Zod fight involves a lot of inner city destruction so I assume the place they fight won't have any people. Superman wouldn't use a tactic like that if innocent people were nearby.

#11 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: @Lvenger: Fair enough, at least he'll be physically engaged in this film *cough* No action in Returns *cough*...

#12 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget: of course dummy :P
#13 Posted by Illuminatus (9491 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAntiReVamp said:

Superman is actually going to punch something?Big improvement from the last film.

Indeed.
#14 Posted by Tyrus (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh.

#15 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, if it happens, it better look cool.

#16 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

BTW just wanna say that this rumor is false.

The girder they found was actually meant to be a support and there was a video somewhere already.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.