A Fan Made TV Spot I found that raises a question

#1 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

Now after seeing that, doesn't it make you wonder if they'll use the John Williams theme in some capacity. I realize this is a reboot and the only real reason we got to hear it in Superman Returns was because it was supposedly set in the universe of the first Donner film with some of Superman II, but I digress. I really hope that they try to incorporate some of the John Williams theme in the movie. That theme has been synonymous with Superman for years and really it's the perfect theme for him. It captures the heroic, powerful, and all around feelgood nature of Superman. Even Shirley Walker used the theme as a model for the Superman TAS theme. It would be so epic to hear the classic theme play, for however briefly, as he flies off in the suit for the first time in the movie.

#2 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1372 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my God!!!!!! That score makes everything look 10 times better!!! this was done so well god bless the person who did it!! n yes im too hoping they incorporate it in some capacity,when it played at the end of smallville i literally started cryin,dint help that the show was ending, that score is iconic.

#3 Posted by HolySerpent (12457 posts) - - Show Bio

That sh!t was kind of hot. I usaully don't like fan crap

#4 Posted by nickzambuto (12936 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't it be awesome if they played it during the credits?

#5 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1372 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

Wouldn't it be awesome if they played it during the credits?

really awesome!! was thinkin the same thing!

#6 Posted by CrimsonCake (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

They might add it to the Film's soundtrack.

#7 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltimateSMfan said:

Oh my God!!!!!! That score makes everything look 10 times better!!! this was done so well god bless the person who did it!! n yes im too hoping they incorporate it in some capacity,when it played at the end of smallville i literally started cryin,dint help that the show was ending, that score is iconic.

Exactly!! The John Williams theme truly is the PERFECT theme in regards for Superman. I have faith they'll do justice to him regarding the theme, I just don't want it to sound too similar to Nolan's Batman theme, which I have reason to think could possibly happen given it's the same composer. The theme should have a bold, powerful, heroic feel that makes you feel like Superman when you hear it. I still call Zimmerman's Bat-theme Nolan's Batman theme because while I really like it and while it totally fits his version of Batman,it falls a little short of Elfman's theme in dynamics.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.