Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

52 Superman now stronger than Pre 52?

• 134 results
    kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Didn't Post-Crisis Superman hold a black hole in his hand or something? Or was it a big bang? It was in the Superman Beyond 3D Final Crisis series, I believe.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lvenger said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Didn't Post-Crisis Superman hold a black hole in his hand or something? Or was it a big bang? It was in the Superman Beyond 3D Final Crisis series, I believe.

That was debunked in a great post made on the Debunking thread on here. Also it was an issue of JLA where he held a mini black hole. Here's the link if you're interested: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/discuss-and-debunk-a-feat-with-a-viner-721916/?page=8#js-message-8832518

Thanks, I'm gonna read into that. I mixed up that scene with the one in SMB when he and Ultraman held that book..page..thing...eh it's been a while since I've read that story so I'm rusty.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@rankomarinkovic: The All-Star Superman feat is only 1/30th of the Earth's weight.

...And IMO, Superman's strength should be equal to Captain Marvel's (as it was pre-52), but Superman more powerful.

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@teerack said:

@Funcake: Lol there is such a big gap between street level fighting and a slightly weaker superman. There's not even a point to be made there.

But ya I suppose you could look at making superman weaker as uncreative, but you'd also have to acknowledge making him stronger isn't any more creative. But saying you actually don't think Superman gets less interesting when he gets stronger only really tells me you're going to love superman no matter what. Even when it's gotten to the point where the majority superman stories play out as 1) super villain beats superman up 2) superman comes back and remembers he's super man and then beats them up.

i know this is an old thread, but you know that's the plot for every comic ever written. batman gets beaten up and invents some batathing and comes back and wins. spiderman gets beaten up and remembers that he is spiderman and comes back and wins.

War_Ruin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#106  Edited By War_Ruin

there is a more consistent feat of Superman pushing an actual planet (War World)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By PowerWoman

Post-crisis superman absolute cant bench earth weight five days and said"that's it?"

He even not close to that level

Ne w52 superman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Post-crisis superman in strength

Pre-crissi superman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>New 52 superman for sure

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By deaditegonzo

Pre52 Superman was more of a "tank" his durability makes the New52 Supes look like a punk, like a glass canon. I hope they start fixing this, but for now, it is what it is.

That said, New52 Superman has better, more consistent strength feats. Pre52 Supes lifted "Infinity" on two separate occasions, but those were the exception more than the rule. New 52 Supes also has more consistent striking feats, and uses his speed more often in combat. He blitzes pretty much every big guy he meets.

Overall, i think New52 Supes would beat Pre52 Supes.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre52 Superman was more of a "tank" his durability makes the New52 Supes look like a punk, like a glass canon. I hope they start fixing this, but for now, it is what it is.

That said, New52 Superman has better, more consistent strength feats. Pre52 Supes lifted "Infinity" on two separate occasions, but those were the exception more than the rule. New 52 Supes also has more consistent striking feats, and uses his speed more often in combat. He blitzes pretty much every big guy he meets.

Overall, i think New52 Supes would beat Pre52 Supes.

I agree with you,i think New 52 superman is much stronger than Pre 52 superman,i dont belive pre-52 superman can bench earth weight five days and said that's all you get it?just too much for Pre-52 superman

This is Silver age superman feats,not equal to sa superman but much stronger than ANY post-crisis superman.though post-crisis superman have more durability feats

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#110 frozen  Moderator

@powerwoman: No. Post-Crisis Superman punched through reality. And New-52 Superman is not pre-crisis strength, pre-crisis Superman is equal to GA Superman.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Of course,PC SUPERMAN equal to GA superman in YOUR dream

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@powerwoman: Not in my dreams. If you read pre-crisis comics, you'll see that they physically stalemated and both passed ou (Kal El admitted he was just as strong as him and said he wasn't holding back). Kal L also said that Kal El was his equal in Superman Family #187, which re-enforced the showing of their fight.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: A fight doesnt mean GA superman can push planets or any sa superman feats,And same point you say again and again,i dont care it

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 frozen  Moderator

@powerwoman: GA Superman has pushed planets and he has a plethora of SA feats, including reversing time millions of years, etc. You missed the key aspects of the fight too.

Kal El admits he is just as strong as him

And then they exhaust:

I suppose this doesn't mean anything either?

Oh, and the time when SA Superman states he is equal in strength to Kal L (which re-enforces their showing):

No Caption Provided

I don't usually do this, but just for fun...GA Superman's steals SA Superman's glory by being the one to fight the Anti-Monitor:

No Caption Provided

And that's because he's DC's original Superman, and superhero.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@powerwoman: GA Superman has pushed planets and he has a plethora of SA feats, including reversing time millions of years, etc. You missed the key aspects of the fight too.

And then they exhaust:

Oh, and the time when SA Superman states he is equal in strength to Kal L (which re-enforces their showing):

No Caption Provided

I don't usually do this, but just for fun...GA Superman's steals SA Superman's glory by being the one to fight the Anti-Monitor:

No Caption Provided

And that's because he's DC's original Superman, and superhero.

Ok,show me GA superman push planet

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GA superman never push planets,stop lie

GA superman destroy anti-monitor ,who get seriously weakened.go to back read infinite crisis

SA superman powerlevels never get fixed,one story he can push planets,next story he nearly had a hernia lifting a 57 Chevy, he was winded by taking a bat to the back of the head, he had trouble stopping a locomotive.

Even if a charater(any charater) as strong as him on panel,until he show some real SA superman level

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 frozen  Moderator

@powerwoman: He has pushed planets.

No Caption Provided

GA superman destroy anti-monitor ,who get seriously weakened.go to back read infinite crisis

He still withstood the blast. Pre-Crisis Darkseid said that his power was beyond comprehension.

SA superman powerlevels never get fixed,one story he can push planets,next story he nearly had a hernia lifting a 57 Chevy, he was winded by taking a bat to the back of the head, he had trouble stopping a locomotive.

Wrong. He originally struggled with locomotives and then started to move into the SA, SA Superman was also inconsistent.

Even if a charater(any charater) as strong as him on panel,until he show some real SA superman level

He has shown SA feats.

No Caption Provided

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@powerwoman: He has pushed planets.

No Caption Provided

He still withstood the blast. Pre-Crisis Darkseid said that his power was beyond comprehension.

Wrong. He originally struggled with locomotives and then started to move into the SA, SA Superman was also inconsistent.

He has shown SA feats.

No Caption Provided

This not GA superman feats,GA superman it's from 1958s until World war 2 of end,you scan is not Golden age but Silver Age prelude,so,not count,even that was "GA superman"(not really GA superman,who even cant fly)SA superman sneeze destroy solar system,so,show me GA superman did that,if not,GA superman only as strong as mr majestic,who can easily move planets too,but still not even close to SA superman strength level,show me GA superman move dozen of planets,thanks

You are right,SA superman power isnt inconsistent.so that mean as strong as superman isnt mean he can do any superman feats,like PC Validus who said dozen times stronger than SA superman but full power only destroy city

Pre-crisis darkseid isnt powerful after all,Darkseid did not even exist in the silver age, The point it's anti-monitor is weaker,accurate to said,Seriously weaken,so that not prove anything when superboy-prime did it too

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm waiting you show me GA superman did this:

No Caption Provided

Untill GA superman did that,i would be agree he as strong as SA superman

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 frozen  Moderator

@powerwoman:

This not GA superman feats,GA superman it's from 1958s until World war 2 of end,you scan is not Golden age but Silver Age prelude,so,not count,even that was "GA superman"(not really GA superman,who even cant fly)SA superman sneeze destroy solar system,so,show me GA superman did that,if not,GA superman only as strong as mr majestic,who can easily move planets too,but still not even close to SA superman strength level,show me GA superman move dozen of planets,thanks

Actually it is GA Superman. GA Superman stories continued, there was an intersection when people were confused with GA Superman and SA Superboy. And no, GA Superman could fly after some time and no, he's SA Superman strength. I don't know what's so hard for you to understand that he actually fought SA Superman and they were always written to be equals.

You are right,SA superman power isnt inconsistent.so that mean as strong as superman isnt mean he can do any superman feats,like PC Validus who said dozen times stronger than SA superman but full power only destroy city

It is inconsistent. There are stories to which he struggled with lesser threats to modern Superman.

Pre-crisis darkseid isnt powerful after all,Darkseid did not even exist in the silver age,

He was created in the Bronze-Age but was a Silver-Age character in the Bronze-Age. Yes he was powerful. He smacked around SA Superman like nothing.

The point it's anti-monitor is weaker,accurate to said,Seriously weaken,so that not prove anything when superboy-prime did it too

Firstly, not anybody could have taken the blast. DC chose Kal L because he was the original superhero. Secondly, that was SCW Anti-Monitor.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Not really,the SA Superman first appear is from 1960s,which you scan is from after 1960s,so like i said,that not Silver age,but silver age prelude,the Golden age superman is end in the world war 2,i dont know why you so hard to understand that he actually far weaker than SA superman when superman sneeze destroy solar system,can you show me GA superman did that?very thanks

Wrong,PC darkseid only beat Bronze age superman,he even never meet SA superman,because he first appear it's from bronze age not silver age

Stil,anti montior get weaker,not count

I'm waiting for you show me GA superman sneeze destroy solar system,this is SA superman powerlevels,even if he push planets(which just silver age prelude,not golden age) he even not close to SA superman strength,like i said,more like as strong as mr majestic,a little bit stronger than Post-crisis superman

Oh,in fact GA superman as strong as post-crisis superman in the infinite crisis

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: Not really,the SA Superman first appear is from 1960s,which you scan is from after 1960s,so like i said,that not Silver age,but silver age prelude,the Golden age superman is end in the world war 2,i dont know why you so hard to understand that he actually far weaker than SA superman when superman sneeze destroy solar system,can you show me GA superman did that?very thanks

Wrong,PC darkseid only beat Bronze age superman,he even never meet SA superman,because he first appear it's from bronze age not silver age

I'm waiting for you show me GA superman sneeze destroy solar system,this is SA superman powerlevels,even if he push planets(which just silver age prelude,not golden age) he even not close to SA superman strength,like i said,more like as strong as mr majestic,a little bit stronger than Post-crisis superman

• No. SA Superman first appeared in the mid-1950s and it wasn't clarified until later. The SA ended in 1970, which is when the BA began. GA Superman had many stories which were set in WW2 but written after. GA Superman doesn't really need to sneeze away stars when he has his own SA feats which SA Superman could, by your logic ''not accomplish''. When the two met, the writers confirmed they were equals. You can't ignore that because you don't like it
    • He was a Silver-Age character in the Bronze-Age, his feats arguably outweigh SA Superman's
    • Yes it does, few could accomplish it
    • No he isn't. He was equal in strength to the SA Superman, SA Superman admits in when they fight
    • He was nerfed in Infinite Crisis.
    PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@powerwoman said:

• No. SA Superman first appeared in the mid-1950s and it wasn't clarified until later. The SA ended in 1970, which is when the BA began. GA Superman had many stories which were set in WW2 but written after. GA Superman doesn't really need to sneeze away stars when he has his own SA feats which SA Superman could, by your logic ''not accomplish''. When the two met, the writers confirmed they were equals. You can't ignore that because you don't like it
    • He was a Silver-Age character in the Bronze-Age, his feats arguably outweigh SA Superman's
    • Yes it does, few could accomplish it
    • No he isn't. He was equal in strength to the SA Superman, SA Superman admits in when they fight
    • He was nerfed in Infinite Crisis.

True,SA superman first appeared in the 1950s,which he just superboy,the golden age and silver age isnt have very significantly different,that why people always dont know end of the golden age and Silver Age began,but like i said,you scan it's from after the World War 2 but Silver age prelude,not golden age,not silver age,if you call this is golden age,i would be said go to back read it,Silver Age is no significant start,It actually is continuous with the Golden Age

But it's ok,i dont count it "Golden age" superman,this is the most controversial era,can you show me GA superman did any SA superman feats in other times/age?i bet you cant,because GA superman isnt that strong,he even cant fly,but let us ignore

Like i said fight not mean GA superman can do SA superman feats,you need go to read comic book,PC Validus is dozen times stronger than superman,but full-power only destroy city,This is ridiculous,but sa superman power isnt fixed,so,we need GA superman himself sneeze destroy solar system to prove himself,Unless he really done it,ABC logic cant work in this age

I challenge you show GA superman said he get weaker in infinite crisis

Pre Crisis Darkseid has never faced Superman, to the best of my knoweledge. He wasnt even created during the silver age days to beating a Silver Age superman or making him look like a fool is entire out of question. Also , unless we include Darkseid from The Great Darkness Saga, per-crisis Darksied doesnt really have a lot of feats to go by.

1. It take places 1000 years in the future making it already hard to put into continuity.

2. Darkseid in the series starts off with the powers of Darkness.

3. Along the series he goes around beating and taking powers from extremely powerful villians like Mordru and Time Trapper

4 All his big feats listed generally comes after the powers from other villains, such as being able to teleport multiple planet, mindcontrolling 3 billion Daxmites (superman level characters) and simultaneous fighting and beating Legion of Superheroes (he fights Superboy from LOSH there, which at times i have seen people interpret as Silver Age Superman which obviously isnt true)

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 frozen  Moderator

@powerwoman:

• ...Okay, you just proved my point on that part. The scan is from the late GA and it isn't of the SA Superman. The GA was from 1938-51, Superboy was part of the SA. SA Superman started in 1955.
    • No. GA Superman couldn't fly for the early part of the GA, he gained the ability to fly fairly quickly and had a massive increase in power. But if you want GA feats, then here (Beatboks gets credit as he had some of them)
    No Caption Provided

• He was clearly weaker. COIE Kal L was much more powerful. The New Earth Superman is a retconned SA Superman
    • He was created in the early BA and you are misinformed if you think he didn't have feats, he easily smacked around PC Kryptonians and had a plethora of ridiculous feats
    • The fight meant that they were physically equal in strength. That is what was shown, stated and re-enforced in showings. PC Validus was created by Darkseid and he was above city level
    • Your last point just proves that PC Darkseid was at SA levels...
    PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Pre-crisis darkseid who get powers from extremely powerful villians like Mordru and Time Trapper and this is 1000 years in the future,not Current darsekd who isnt that powerful

The golden age superman isnt beat PC Kryptonian and he isnt have enough crazy feats when SA superman can sneeze destroy solar system

I'm still waiting your proof,show GA superman sneeze destroy solar system

The PC Validus beat PC superman and who full power only destroy city,that is ridiculous weak,not enough beat PC superman but PIS,he can

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_ruin: That's not what actually happened there

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@frozen: Pre-crisis darkseid who get powers from extremely powerful villians like Mordru and Time Trapper and this is 1000 years in the future,not Current darsekd who isnt that powerful

The golden age superman isnt beat PC Kryptonian and he isnt have enough crazy feats when SA superman can sneeze destroy solar system

The PC Validus beat PC superman and who full power only destroy city,that is ridiculous weak,not enough beat PC superman but PIS,he can

• I do not know what you are talking about. PC Darkseid smacked around PC Kryptonians and was powerful because he had those powers
    • He has his own crazy feats. He did not sneeze away a solar system (with a magical boost), however he has a plethora of SA feats to which I can claim SA Superman hasn't shown
    • Since when was PC Validus a city level threat? That was never the case. The comparison between Kal L doesn't make sense. Kal L was actually written to be Kal El's equal, re-enforced through COIE and all of their showings
    War_Ruin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 Superman has more consistent feats of pushing a planet like War world:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Though pre52 is stronger, but New 52 Superman has a chance of surpassing Post crisis Superman

War_Ruin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which comic does Superman push Warworld?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By PowerWoman

@frozen said:

@powerwoman said:

• I do not know what you are talking about. PC Darkseid smacked around PC Kryptonians and was powerful because he had those powers
    • He has his own crazy feats. He did not sneeze away a solar system (with a magical boost), however he has a plethora of SA feats to which I can claim SA Superman hasn't shown
    • Since when was PC Validus a city level threat? That was never the case. The comparison between Kal L doesn't make sense. Kal L was actually written to be Kal El's equal, re-enforced through COIE and all of their showings

PC darkseid is powerful but only on the future,not current

GA superman isnt have SA superman feats,like moving dozen of planets with one hand or sneeze destroy solar system,please show me GA superman did it

PC validus said dozen times stronger than PC superman but full power only destroy city,that why i say you need go to back read comics,you even dont know that,GA superman isnt different than PC validus,who never close to SA superman feats,but i know you are GA Superman fanboys

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What it's GA superman strength,speed and durable feats?

He maybe have some versatile feats,but what about raw power feats?

Strength,show GA superman moving dozen of planets and only use breath move stars ,lift our entire universe weight,etc

Speed,show GA superman faster than infinity feats

Durable,show GA superman withstand big bang

If he didnt that,he never really equal to SA superman

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@powerwoman: You keep repeating yourself. GA Superman does not have the exact same feats as SA Superman, but neither do many of the characters that can hurt him. GA Superman has different feats, but many including time travelling millions of years, creating a city underground in seconds, moving billionths of a meter, etc. To clamour for the exact same feats as SA Superman and in the process ignore the fight which showed them to be equals is clearly bias. SA Superman on many occasions has struggled with lesser threats to that of modern Superman, something which you neglect to mention.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@powerwoman: You keep repeating yourself. GA Superman does not have the exact same feats as SA Superman, but neither do many of the characters that can hurt him. GA Superman has different feats, but many including time travelling millions of years, creating a city underground in seconds, moving billionths of a meter, etc. To clamour for the exact same feats as SA Superman and in the process ignore the fight which showed them to be equals is clearly bias. SA Superman on many occasions has struggled with lesser threats to that of modern Superman, something which you neglect to mention.

STILL,give me GA superman strength,speed,and durable feats,prove GA superman as powerful as SA superman

First,SA superman strength:

No Caption Provided

SA superman speed:

No Caption Provided

SA superman durable feats

http://www.comicvine.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/pc-superman-even-can-survival-big-bang-1456568/

Show GA superman did them,prove GA superman as powerful as SA superman

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By dorukesin

no

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.