Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

52 Superman now stronger than Pre 52?

• 134 results
    Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
    EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@JSH92: Screw going to work the Man ain't get a ray of sun light and he's bench pressing the earth for days and he drips 1 drop of sweat!!! OK it's impressive I was wondering exactly how strong is new 52 Superman after Helspoint Pimp slapped him to the Moon and rattled his brain I believe knocking him out. This makes Helspoint look even stronger and Imo is leading up to a boring ass Superman Story....If he can throw the moon at somebody like how badass does his Adversaries have to be? It Juss doesn't make sense and isn't needed.........However this strength feat doesn't equate to durability feat..Until proven otherwise but it's Superman so why wouldn't it right? Idk only way i see my self continuing reading Superman (which I've never have it's my 1st time ever.) Is if he up again'st beings that can transmutate stuff and bend reality which would still be boring....Idk The feat is cool and impressive but I don't see how it leaves room for Superman to get his ass kicked and make a good story.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By stephens2177

the girl in Superman who had super strength and intangibility  could still happen,captain comet  could still happen,i mean guys like martian manhunter,pre flashpoint wally west,and shazam could still be trouble,even if he is far far above them physically. 
    kryptonite should be in play now for sure. 
    i liked how grant morrison wrote superman in all star superman ,he was so powerful he was the most relaxed guy on the planet,cause he knew nithing could hurt him. 
    does this new feat mean kara and kons feats will have to amp up too?

Superlad93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Superlad93

@EternalGrandMaster said:

@JSH92: Screw going to work the Man ain't get a ray of sun light and he's bench pressing the earth for days and he drips 1 drop of sweat!!! OK it's impressive I was wondering exactly how strong is new 52 Superman after Helspoint Pimp slapped him to the Moon and rattled his brain I believe knocking him out. This makes Helspoint look even stronger and Imo is leading up to a boring ass Superman Story....If he can throw the moon at somebody like how badass does his Adversaries have to be? It Juss doesn't make sense and isn't needed.........However this strength feat doesn't equate to durability feat..Until proven otherwise but it's Superman so why wouldn't it right? Idk only way i see my self continuing reading Superman (which I've never have it's my 1st time ever.) Is if he up again'st beings that can transmutate stuff and bend reality which would still be boring....Idk The feat is cool and impressive but I don't see how it leaves room for Superman to get his ass kicked and make a good story.

I think now he just has to have enemies that fight him in different ways and use different concepts. I mean I personally can't stand slug fest with any character no matter how powerful they are. It all ends the same (hero finds the strength he/she need and gives that last good punch or whatever.....stupid) . Superman's enemies must now branch out.....in the way akin to Cap. Comet in Action Comics. He flat out told Superman that he knew that Superman was physically unbeatable and on the physical plan it's Superman all day......so he fought Superman's mind and he almost won (honestly Superman had to go through quite a bit and "think outside the box" far more than I have seen him do so far in order to even hold his own for how long he did....and even then he had help at the end)

I mean if you know a person is that powerful why would the 1st thing you think of be "You know maybe I could just hit him really really hard.....yeah that'll work". NO that's really really dumb and unimaginative for any character. Superman's foes must test him morally and intellectually. The have to make him make impassible choices and use his powers in new and creative ways......isn't that what you want to see as a fan? Or do you honestly just want to see two still images pretend to fight? (aka all comic book fights ever) And if they keep the formula of his villains fighting him in new and different ways it will be all the better when you get guys like Hellespont and H'el who can beat Superman and turn him into the physical underdog. It will be such a contrast that it will feel fresh and new because of how infrequently it happens.

I personally think Superman can be written well at any power level so long as you keep the core of the character true. That core is what allows him to go on his impossible adventures and beat his unbeatable odds.

@stephens2177 said:

does this new feat mean kara and kons feats will have to amp up too?

I don't see why they would need to be powered up too? I mean Superman is actually tagged as being the most powerful of the 3. So no not really I guess.

Funcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Funcake

@Teerack said:

Lol there is such a big gap between street level fighting and a slightly weaker superman. There's not even a point to be made there.

Sarcasm ftw.

@Teerack said:

But ya I suppose you could look at making superman weaker as uncreative, but you'd also have to acknowledge making him stronger isn't any more creative.

Wrong logic, if you depower a big powerhouse because you lazy to be create exiting storys, than that means for me be uncreative. At the other hand is it very difficult make exiting storys with someone who extremly strong, fast etc.

@Teerack said:

But saying you actually don't think Superman gets less interesting when he gets stronger only really tells me you're going to love superman no matter what.

I love some things and real persons and fictional charachter doesn´t belong to "my list".

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Onemoreposter

@Hendersonfiles: Nope. Pre-flashpoint Superman held the blackhole. I'm not sure what a "miniature blackhole" is, but a standard black hole has to be at least 3 to 4 times more massive than the Sun than to collapse in on itself and become a black hole in the first place . The Sun happens to be 332,946 times more massive than earth. So if the "miniature black hole" was even 1/1000 the mass of a regular black hole it would still be roughly 1000 times more massive than the earth. Here's the feat I'm talking about

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is a good feat to start. Now he needs to tank a planet busting nuke while eating nachos, then say, "you just ruined my lunch"....

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By z3ro180

@drgnx:OHHH GOD THAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#58  Edited By Black_Claw

Silver Age Superman will always be the strongest version of the character. Hands down.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By GunGunW

No, Superman just gets stronger as time goes on. It's plausible he could have done that before the new 52 happened as well. Or, right before it happened, not the entire era.

@Black_Claw: If you don't count the Prime One Million then yeah

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

It is a pretty cool feat. Also am I the only one that noticed he was wearing red underwear? They just won't go away!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

It is a pretty cool feat. Also am I the only one that noticed he was wearing red underwear? They just won't go away!!!!

no, was going to point that out too ;)

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By a88378438

1,New 52 superman stronger than Pre-52 superman 2 kara feats will have to amp up too,she always was superman level around

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By termiteone4ever

This feat put him in the books for sure. Now him been this strong now and is still weak compare to HEll spont lol Danm just imagine what kind of power his enemies has to come with :)

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By stephens2177

i would like it if they kept martian manhunter and shazams strength at the levels we had superman before lobdells #13 feat,this way superman will always be the most powerful,BUT it also makes jonn and billy more badass also,because they would use there special powers to compete with kal,billy would use his magic lightning and fists,which makes a whole lot more sense if he is actually physically weaker,and jonn would use his telepathy with his shapeshiftng,intangibility,invisibility to even the playing fields.this way they dont need to water their extra powers down to fight superman on a equal playing field,they can be used to there full extent,now that superma  is far above th in physical might.

TheNamelessGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TheNamelessGod

@drgnx said:

I think this is a good feat to start. Now he needs to tank a planet busting nuke while eating nachos, then say, "you just ruined my lunch"....

Please make this happen DC!!!

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By krauser99
    @Onemoreposter said:

@Hendersonfiles: Nope. Pre-flashpoint Superman held the blackhole. I'm not sure what a "miniature blackhole" is, but a standard black hole has to be at least 3 to 4 times more massive than the Sun than to collapse in on itself and become a black hole in the first place . The Sun happens to be 332,946 times more massive than earth. So if the "miniature black hole" was even 1/1000 the mass of a regular black hole it would still be roughly 1000 times more massive than the earth. Here's the feat I'm talking about

I remember that. Its been a long time but off the top of my head, that black hole would have destroyed the solar system.  That Superman seems stronger because he has more consistent feats in comparison to Nu Superman.

Still very impressive benching the earth 5 days. 
    Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By Rumble Man

New superman bleeds more

Hal, WW, Cheetah & Shazzy

Avatar image for herofromkrypton
    HeroFromKrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By HeroFromKrypton

@Teerack:

Why can't the danger be for the people he's trying to save? Are medical dramas not interesting because it isn't the doctors who are in danger of dying? Plus, you just need creative villain concepts whose powers can circumvent his strength and invulnerability in some way. Take Parasite for example. He gets stronger as Superman gets weaker, no kryptonite required.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By stephens2177

herofromkrypton i second your comment,and approve totally.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MonsterStomp

Notice how Superman says "That's.. it? That's... All... You've... Got?". Just throwing it out there.

GeekOfKrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By GeekOfKrypton

Dude is bench pressing a Planet!!! for five straight days? do you know how many hours there are in a day? awwww HELLZ YES!!!!!!

GeekOfKrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By GeekOfKrypton

Yes, SWEET!

btmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By btmt

SUPERMAN is supposed to be most powerful being on earth and he must be!!!!!!

Scott lobdell did the right thing, giving Superman his power level back.

"We don't have to take away Superman's power or to decrease his power level to make him interesting, all we need is just innovative and interesting story."

A person who actually knows and understands Superman truly will definitely understands the true meaning of the above sentence, and a person doesn't understand will always keep crying about Superman being more powerful and less interesting.

In short we don't have to kill or make any hero weaker to make him more interesting.

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Postacrat

@a88378438 said:

one feat enough prove it but if has more feats was better just it you can't see"just because one feat so we are Ignore it!" wrong

Agreed, Superman always had way more strength feats than Thor, yet the one midgard Serpent feat is enough to say Thor is stronger? Superman bench presses the planet for 5 days without Sunlight, and he can't catch a break because he only did it once? So doing it once doesn't prove anything? Would it matter if he did it for ten days or not because it was only once? I don't understand what people expect from Supes :/

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By stephens2177

postacrat,they expect superman to be flash and martian manhunters bitch,plain and simple,nothing less than that.wally has the speedforce,and jonn has his telepathy,which are porttrayed as infinite,much more often than supermans stregth is shown to be. 

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#76  Edited By soduh2

@Rumble Man said:

New superman bleeds more

More strength, less durability.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By stephens2177

which is silly,seeing as though he is called the man of steel,not man of slightly less durable than steel man.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
    Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Simon_the_digger

@TheNamelessOne said:

@drgnx said:

Please make this happen DC!!!

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
    Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Simon_the_digger

New 52 supes is stronger

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Rumble Man

@soduh2 said:

@Rumble Man said:

New superman bleeds more

More strength, less durability.

You know that always has been an interesting question, man in yellow pajamas can lift planets and stuff yet he till gets clobbered by beings who cannot do that

@Ferdelance:

Tell that to SA superman, then again to him bench pressing a planet for five days is just as silly as bench pressing a pino-pong ball for five days.

Luster77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Luster77

Personally, I think this feat is quite impressive.

Very much so, because now that he's faced someone like Darksied and Helspont, he's finally able to truly start learning what he's really capable of.

If he's known to be Earth's most powerful being and he's an extra-terrestial, this also makes him a cosmic level threat. So, him testing the upper limits of his strength and developing new ways to use his abilities makes this a good starting point to distance him from pre-52 Supes. The New-52 Superman should be able to spank SB Prime.....who know's....I'm following this because Superman is numero uno and he should be respected.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By blackadamFTW

@80sBaby said:

It's an impressive feat BUT it's only one feat.
    stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By stephens2177

supermans greatest power and biggest weaknesses is his restraint,and thats where from issue 13 on should be the basis of every feat and fight he gets into.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Eternal19

no not yet but he probably will

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By a88378438

New 52 superman>>>>>>>>>>>>Pre-52 superman superboy-prime vs New 52 superman would be better

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By a88378438

And,SA superman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>New 52 superman SA superman was..too crazy

Avatar image for thevoiceofreason
    TheVoiceOfReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By TheVoiceOfReason

Its a great feat, but of course Superman haters are going to downplay this or criticize him for being so strong.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By a88378438

powergirl say she was as strong as superman(New 52) well well well....

jasonred79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By jasonred79

Sadly, I just read the 52 JLA issue... with the Atlantis Invasion Arc...

... This is the first time I've seen Superman 1 shotted by a bolt of lightning! ERK! (AFAIK, that Trident is tech based? If it's magic based, then it's not QUITE as bad... since I've seen Supes take plenty of Captain Marvel and Black Adam lightning bolts and only get HURT by them)

Also, I don't know how strong Aquaman is in the new 52 continuity, but he knocks Supes on his ass and he stays down for quite a while before rejoining the fight... unless Aquaman is magic based in 52 too? errr...

Also, WW seems to think it necessary to help Superman hold back the aircraft carrier, instead of saving other people's lives...

OK maybe JLA and Supes main continuity are different in 52? ... but you know what I think?

I think 52 means THE RETURN OF CLASSIC SUPERMAN STRENGTH. ... which is essentially the same as He-Man's level of Strength. ... which is essentially "as strong as he needs to be". (yes,that's official WoG for He-Man... and it makes SO much sense)

BTW, this reminds me of Justice League TV series, the one where Green Lantern got together with Hawkgirl... ... I loved that series, but man, Flash's speed went EVERYWHERE from being able to reach lightspeed with a boost from Green Lantern (Eclipsed) to being able to reach around 1/10th speed of light but he was absorbed by Speed Force (vs Brainiac Luthor... btw, light speed = running around Earth in 0.13 seconds), to... that stupid episode where he spends several minutes trying to catch up to a van. On a CROWDED road. AAARGH.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#90  Edited By Black_Claw

Nope. Silver age supes will always be the strongest. He did destroy an entire solar system by sneezing after all.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Rumble Man

Statement is ridiculous

the strongest will always be Bronze/Silver age with sword of the universe

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#92  Edited By lightsout

@Rumble Man: I believe he was only meaning modern pre-52 Superman. The Superman of the few years before Flashpoint happened.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By toptom

yes he seems to be physically stronger than pre-52 supes. moving the earth while weakened is not his maximum limit..but that was not his gratest feat,since he was capable of generating an even greater force than before just by punching He'l.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By ThanosIsMad

Superman has done power punches like that before. During his fight with Black Adam prior to Infinite Crisis, one of his blows was strong enough to destroy the moon.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By toptom

@ThanosIsMad: you are right,but i posted those scans since there is confirmed he has exceeded the 6 sextilion tons feat.that's an hel of a feat.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#96  Edited By consolemaster001

YES

Avatar image for rankomarinkovic
    rankomarinkovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By rankomarinkovic

@hendersonfiles: superman is the best no one can do that....hulk has lift mountain 150 billion tons but ,man of steel has pushing

earth for 5 days slowly,writers realy push his strength to limits that s.. too good no one can do this not even ....thor,captain marvel,black adam,the sentry,gladiator,all fans off comic books have to admit that superman is strongest.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, far stronger.

Superman went from struggling to pull the Earth with help to effortlessly benching it for 5 days straight without breaking a sweat...Without solar energy.

Avatar image for rankomarinkovic
    rankomarinkovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By rankomarinkovic
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Who loves superman.........every body

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#100 frozen  Moderator

Technically pre-52 and new-52 Superman are the same people, but I don't see new-52 Superman having as impressive feats as the pre-52 version.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.