Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

52 Superman = Mr Majestic?

• 64 results
    Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Omega-Man

Since the new 52 came around I have seen and some have commented to me that the new superman has a few trats and personality parts that make him more like Mr Majestic, even his armoured like suit screams Majestic since his costume was never said to be a costume but armour. Has Jim Lee forced himself upon this iconic hero and made him the way he sees he should be just so he can have a piece of the action with this hero instead of his own rip off Majestic?

Don't get me wrong I love Mr Majestic comics but I just find it strange a few things that Superman his displayed is very majestic like in terms of how he acts and even his look with the whole Armour thing which is lifted from Majestic.

What are your thoughts on this subject?

Avatar image for metropoliskid41
    MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By MetropolisKid41

Well like you said, Mr. Majestic is one of a number of characters who are essentially rip-offs of Superman (including Hyperion and Supreme as well as others). With the relaunch and Superman being one of the few characters who is actually getting an overhaul I think that some similarities to those "edgier" versions of Superman is to be expected. From what Johns, Perez, and Morrison have said, Superman is going to start out as kind of arrogant or a little overly self confident until his is humbled. Which makes sense in my opinion, here you have the most powerful man on earth, and while he is doing the right thing and fighting for the cause for good, he can't help but be a little arrogant. He's never been stopped, and until he is and learns from his mistakes, which I think is essentially for showing growth, he's going to continue to come acrossed that way. I think he is being portrayed very well, it really does remind me of his early social crusade "Champion of the oppressed" days back in the late 30's & early 40's. I think his characterization is just a modern portrayal of how he was originally written and portrayed in those early years by Shuster and Siegel. Yes he may seem like Majestic, but afterall Majestic was essentially a reimagined modern rip off of superman.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By azza04

This is not a bad thing.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Izaiah

I hope Majestic hasn't been merged into DCnU Supes...I like both characters, but only separately.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Primmaster64

I think so....Its the only way for Mr. Majestic to exist in this universe.

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Omega-Man

@MetropolisKid41:

True I do see those parts of him also but it's the whole alien first human second part they have classic Superman was always human first alien second the part where he thinks himself an alien in a human world is very Majestic like also. Plus with the inclusion of a few Wildstorm characters that Majestic has been with before such as Apollo, Voodoo and even Midnighter and Jack Hawksmoore and Grifter. With the inclusion of Voodoo and even Grifter's own comics Daemonites exist in this universe and Daemonites were the mortal enemy of Majestic's race. Are they now at war with Krypton in this universe instead of Majestic's race?

MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MetropolisKid41

@Omega-Man: thats a great point, that would be a cool twist if the Daemonites were the ones behind the mysterious monsters that have been attacking Superman in the Superman book. Really hope Majestic stays around tho and has a run in with Supes!

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Omega-Man

It would be interesting, since past daemonites were into the whole experimenting with different powers ect, I'm just waiting for Helspont to appear in a comic now lol he is pretty much the leader of the daemonites after all wouldn't make sense if they are around and he isn't.

But one thing that can be bad is that I don't want Majestic to be merged with Superman to make the 52 Superman, plus whatever happened to Zealot or Nemesis they were the same race as Majestic after all. Seems a good waste of characters.

Also my theory is those monsters are in fact Daemonites the reason is they seem possessed and Daemonites did that often in there old series so yes I actully do think these are daemonites attacking Superman unless proved wrong by the comic series itself.

MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MetropolisKid41

@Omega-Man: I agree I don't want them merged or for Majestic to simply cease to exist, I think the DCU, or at least the multiverse, is big enough for both of them. I have been enjoying Grifter and the Daemonite story arc in that book, the monsters being Daemonites would be a great way to bring Grifter further into the DCU. We haven't really seen him interact with any of the DC characters since Flashpoint.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Magian

Don't think so. I admit I don't know much about Mr. Majestic but from what I know, I doubt this have happened.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Magian

@MetropolisKid41:I think he and Green Arrow will meet some time soon.

MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MetropolisKid41

@ComicMan24: Oh yeah good call I forgot that was coming up, that might even be in issue #4 that comes out next week.

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Omega-Man

@MetropolisKid41: @Izaiah:

I think I need to be congratulated look at the cover of Superman #7 He's facing Helspont this proves my theory that Superman and Majestic have merged to be 52 Superman and that the aliens he's been facing are daemonites. Can I call it or what?

DC you guys are so predictable I saw this coming before the issue 7 of Superman comics.

MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MetropolisKid41

Good call, I don't neccesarily think that means that they have merged, I'm still hoping Majestic will come in, this would be a great way to introduce him, have him team up with Supes, but great call on Daemonites. Grifter is a little lacking and I've been considering cutting it (it'd be the first of the 29 New 52 titles that I'm reading that would get cut) but now will continue to read it to go more of a feel for what the Daemonites are up to in the DCU.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Primmaster64
    @azza04: How could Mr. Majestic exist in a same world where Superman exists?
    MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MetropolisKid41

@ Primmaster64: Why couldn't they? Majestic is obviously a copy of Superman, but we already have Daxamites which are very similar to Kryptonians, I really don't see why a third race with a very similar power set is so far out of the question. They could be from the same solar system, and could have both been from planets that were doomed by the same thing. I really don't see how Majestic can't exist alongside Superman just as Mon-El has from time to time. I think a story where Superman and Majestic both learn that the same villain or catastrophe doomed both their planets and has now come to take out earth next (the Daemonites would fill this role nicely) and see them team up. A force/enemy that is wiping out whole planets definitely could not be tackled by Superman alone. I think that would make a cool story and would be a great way to introduce Majestic into the New 52 DC Universe.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By azza04

@Primmaster64: Don't think they can, their can only be one Superman in my opinion.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Primmaster64
    @MetropolisKid41: @azza04

Because the point I'm trying to bring is that Mr. Majestic is Supes doppelganger....He physically looks like Superman. When he was in the DC Universe everyone though he was Superman only with a costume change.
    azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By azza04

@Primmaster64: I agree mate.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Primmaster64
    @azza04: And that is why Mr. Majestic cannot exist in the DCnU.
    MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MetropolisKid41

@Primmaster64: @azza04: But Majestic is not Superman, yes they obviously are very similar but same goes for Daxamites and Kryptonians, as far as looking alike that totally depends on who is drawing them, sure if McGuiness drew them both they'd look the same, without masks all of his characters look the same. Its safe to assume that with Superman and other characters getting a makeover that Majestic could as well and they really wouldn't have to look similar at all. I really don't see how they can coexist in the same universe. Thats like saying there can be no Daxamites, or only one earthman Green Lantern. Why have both Green Arrow and Batman, they are both essentially rich business men who moonlight as vigilantes. By that same reasoning they can't coexist. Majestic and Superman can have very different characterizations, especially coming out of the relaunch, they can take both from scratch and move them in completely different directions. Saying they can't coexist simply because they have a similar power set, origin, and look a like is really an unfounded and a weak reason. Again by that same reasoning there is no place for Daxamites in the New DC Universe.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Primmaster64
    @MetropolisKid41: Majestic looks like Kal-El no matter who is drawing him. And as for the Daxamites...they are just kriptonions who decided to explore the galaxy before krypton exploded.  But they are still kryptonions. Just changed they're name... Sorry I still fail to see how Majestic would fit in the DCnU unless he is  Supes twin brother or clone. :/
    MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MetropolisKid41

@Primmaster64: No, Daxamites may have a common lineage but they are not Kryptonians. They are anti space travel while Kryptonians were not, until the Eradicator device was put into play to keep mass citizens of Krypton from abandoning the homeworld. Daxamites live on Daxam and are not Kryptonians. That is why they have a weakness to lead which does not affect kryptonians, and are unaffected by Kryptonite while it is lethal to Kryptonians. If they were the same they would not be affected that durastically different by 2 common plot devices. And again with a relaunch Majestic could look a lot different than Kal-El. Just 2 Super-powered being with a similar physique and dark hair doesn't mean they have to look like twins or clones. Captain Marvel is a muscular dark haired man and they look different. Superman's face has changed drastically depending on who draws him, there are times where how he looks in Action has looked nothing like how he looked in Superman or Adventures of Superman. Not opening your mind to the fact that 2 dark haired guys with super powers can exist in the same vast universe is ridiculous close minded. But I can see I'm not getting anywhere. You don't think they can co-exist, fine. I say they can and they could write some incredible stories that starred both of them teaming up or duking it out against each other. I would love that and I think a lot of others would too.

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Adnan

Mr Majestic will probably appear in Multiversity.

It's all kinda confusing though, does Earth-50/Wildstorm Universe even exist anymore now that, as Flashpoint #5 said, "the three timelines have merged"?

MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MetropolisKid41

@Adnan: All that remains to be seen, I think it'll be until 12-18 months in before we start to see those type of secret and revelations start to appear in stories.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By azza04

@MetropolisKid41: They just seem to similar in both looks and powers for me. I would still read a new Majestic series set in his own universe.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Primmaster64

They still descendent from krypton my friend. Khera are basically the kryptonions of the wildstorm universe. Same applies with viltrumites and Saiyans. Majestic cannot exist in the same universe that Superman is unless they change his physical appearance.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Izaiah
    @Primmaster64 said:
    Majestic cannot exist in the same universe that Superman is unless they change his physical appearance.
    Hey, it works for Captain Marvel...
    MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MetropolisKid41

@Primmaster64: That's what I've been saying this whole time, in the new Universe they would not have to look a like, simply being strong with dark hair does not make them twins. I gave the example of Captain Marvel which was reiterated by Izaiah. They don't have to draw their faces the same, show me a picture where Majestic's face looks like Cho's Superman? The faces of Superman vary drastically from artist to artist, you can't tell me that they look exactly the same. A different costume with a different artist drawing Majestic than Superman and they would not look the same. And like I said, about Daxamites common lineage but they are not the same, they are split by millenia. If you want to go that route then if you believe in evolution we are the same as giraffes, because supposedly all mammals have a common ancestor, so even tho that was millenia ago we are the same by that same very faulty logic. Daxamites are not Kryptonians, if they were they wouldn't react completely different to lead and kryptonite.

kama_094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kama_094

@MetropolisKid41: The truth remains that Superman is DC's "Flagship" character and Mr. Majestic is the Superman of the Wildstorm universe... I think it's a little bit improper to have two "Superman's" flying about the DCnU with capes and armour... I say this because during Final Crisis when the Supermen of The Multiverse were assembled Mr Majestic was actually a member of that team... So it's like saying you want another Superman... Plus the fact that Helspont is supposedly making an appearance in an upcoming Superman issue should be proof enough that Majestic's history has somehow been folded into that of DCnU Superman... Which personally I think is ok since DCnU Supes has won me over (via his exploits in the New 52's Justice League #3 and all round badassery)... Just saying... XD... Oh and on the topic of Mon-El and Captain Marvel... They look different from Supes physically unlike Majestic @Primmaster64:Like you said... Majestic was thought to be Superman with a different costume... Plus despite being in the same strength class I'd bet Supes could take Mon-El and Marvel down in single unarmed combat with each... Proving he's "THE" big man of DC ... While Majestic would most likely fight him to a stand still or even defeat him (Not a good look for a "Flagship" character)... But after all this I'm a Superman fan so maybe I'm biased

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Izaiah
    @kama_094 said:

Plus the fact that Helspont is supposedly making an appearance in an upcoming Superman issue should be proof enough that Majestic's history has somehow been folded into that of DCnU Superman...

Not at all.  That's like discovering that Lex Luthor is fighting Stormwatch or the Authority, and then assuming that Lex has been merged with Henry Bendix...
    MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MetropolisKid41

@Izaiah: Exactly, well said Izaiah. If that logic applies to Superman/Majestic then it would have to apply to all Wildstorm characters who have similarities to pre-existing DC Characters. @kama_094: Until we get an official statement saying they are one in the same I will stand by my statements that they can co-exist. Simply "looking to alike" is a lame excuse and weak reasoning. The 2 instances you gave about Final Crisis and Majestic being mistaken for Superman no longer exist. Those didn't happen in the new continuity. And you know what, so what if they look similar, that could be how they introduce him, people in some other city mistake him as Superman with a new costume and they meet. Big deal, it'd be a good story. But to say there is no room for both characters simply because they have the same powers and look SIMILAR is weak at best. But again, the artist could draw Majestic's face anyway he wanted to, they would not have to look the same. Again I say that Cho's Superman looks nothing like McGuiness's Superman, which looks nothing like Jurgen's Superman and so on. With 2 different artist handling the characters THEY WOULD NOT LOOK THE SAME.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By dernman  Online

I don't want Majestic In the DCU.

kama_094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kama_094

@Izaiah: & @MetropolisKid41: I concede... :|

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Primmaster64
    @kama_094: You understood what I was trying to say. :D Majestic pretty much looks like Clark physically. Unless he is a clone I don't see him existing in the DCnU.
    kama_094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kama_094

Lol... You're right I don't see Majestic in DCnU...

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By termiteone4ever

He should be in DCnu A bit later but i expect to see an appearance .

kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By kheranlord12

@Omega-Man said:

Since the new 52 came around I have seen and some have commented to me that the new superman has a few trats and personality parts that make him more like Mr Majestic, even his armoured like suit screams Majestic since his costume was never said to be a costume but armour. Has Jim Lee forced himself upon this iconic hero and made him the way he sees he should be just so he can have a piece of the action with this hero instead of his own rip off Majestic?

Don't get me wrong I love Mr Majestic comics but I just find it strange a few things that Superman his displayed is very majestic like in terms of how he acts and even his look with the whole Armour thing which is lifted from Majestic.

What are your thoughts on this subject?

There are nothing alike. Majestic is extremely polite the only diffrence is that he is willing to kill if thing get out of control.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ThanosIsMad
    @Primmaster64 said:
    They still descendent from krypton my friend. Khera are basically the kryptonions of the wildstorm universe. Same applies with viltrumites and Saiyans. Majestic cannot exist in the same universe that Superman is unless they change his physical appearance.
    That makes no sense whatsoever.  Yeah, they have similar powersets and appearances, but that's about it.  Majestic wears a completely different outfit than Superman, has different morals than Superman, and uses the powers he shares in common with Superman differently.  Saying the two of them can't co-exist is like saying Superman and Captain Marvel couldn't co-exist prior to the reboot.  Every time they appeared together, they pretty much had the same exact face give or take some tweaks.  It all comes down to the artist who draws them.
    kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By kheranlord12

@Primmaster64 said:

@MetropolisKid41: Majestic looks like Kal-El no matter who is drawing him. And as for the Daxamites...they are just kriptonions who decided to explore the galaxy before krypton exploded. But they are still kryptonions. Just changed they're name... Sorry I still fail to see how Majestic would fit in the DCnU unless he is Supes twin brother or clone. :/

Because they are to different people.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PowerHerc

There are a bit to many similarities but Mr. Majestic is and has been entirely to similar to Superman (his entire iconic power set and look) from the moment he appeared.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#42  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    Not the same 
    Not the same 
    No Caption Provided
    majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43  Edited By majestic99

@Izaiah said:

I hope Majestic hasn't been merged into DCnU Supes...I like both characters, but only separately.

He has. Wildstorm Universe on dc's website is "Earth 50."

Mr. Majestic is a Superman Clone(like Hyperion, Sentry,Gladiator,etc.) so finding similarities between the two is not suprising.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Izaiah
    @majestic99: How does that have to do with anything?  Wildstorm's universe was Earth-50 before Flashpoint/DCnU.
    majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By majestic99

@Izaiah: You asked if Mr. Majestic's Universe was merged with Superman's, so I answered your question.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Izaiah
    @majestic99: I was actually saying I hoped that Majestic hadn't been merged with Superman specifically, not if the universes had (since I already knew they'd merged in Flashpoint).
    majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By majestic99

@Izaiah: My bad for the confusion. It's all good.

kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kheranlord12

The new superman is nothing like Majestic in terms of personaility.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By majestic99

Majestic is a Superman Clone. Nonetheless, I like both Superman and Majestic for separate reasons. Superman because he is an iconic character and Majestic because he doesn't hold his power back.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#50  Edited By ReVamp

I hope not.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.