Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

5 Things I Wanna See in Man of Steel 2

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By RedHood13

No Caption Provided

Hi, this is RedHood13 i'm new to this site and this is my first blog. I've decided to talk about Man of Steel 2 (well, duh). Man of Steel has gained mixed reactions from fans, critics and average movie-goers all around. I personally loved the film! Despite it's non-stop action, at least the action was good. The emotional parts were great In my honest opinion. When Pa Kent died I almost had full blown tears in my eyes. Some people said they were weak. I digress, this isn't a review!

Man of Tomorrow, the sequel to Man of Steel. No it is not in 2014. I would keep the same cast and crew, except David Goyer would not return not for the screen writer. He could be like Christopher Nolan in the Dark Knight films. He doesn't write the screenplay, but is behind the story. Goyer would say “Hey lets have a movie where Superman does this this and this, with that this and that and at the ending he blah blah blah’s”. It would be the writers job to dive deeper in the story and flesh it out as an actual script. Things I want to see…

No Caption Provided

1) Clark Kent: I am perfectly fine with what they did in MOS with the whole Clark Kent finding himself thing. I loved the idea. I liked the end scene where Clark dons the signature glasses. The one thing I want to see from Clark Kent is the mumbling bumbling fool act. Some people don’t like him being the clumsy dork type, but honestly that’s the smartest way to do it. His disguise is already easy enough to figure out.

No Caption Provided

2) Lex Luthor: Lex Luthor, the most iconic Superman villain that’s ever existed. Luthor has been done over and over again in film. All times (IMHO) horribly. Lex Luthor has different sides. The business man who wants Metropolis for himself and thinks Superman is getting in the way of that. The evil scientist who relies on kryptonite and the Evil scientist posing as a businessman. Lex Luthor should mainly be the business man who wants Metropolis for himself and thinks Superman is getting in the way of that. I think Luthor should be just like the Luthor featured in the All Star Superman comics by Grant Morrison. That is the best interpretation of Lex I’ve ever seen. In All Star Superman while Luthor is on trial the judge (I think it’s the judge) compares Lex Luthor to Genghis Khan and Attila the Hun. That’s saying something about his character. Lex Luthor should also not be the main villain, but behind the scenes. You might be thinking we don’t know who’s behind it until a reveal at the end, but I want him to have a big role. Luthor is the main antagonists that sends others out to do his dirty work, so that it doesn't trace back to him.

No Caption Provided

3) Metallo: I think Metallo should be the guy who Superman thinks is the main bad guy. Luthor sends him out to kill Superman, after discovering the effects of Kryptonite on Superman. Metallo really should just look like a regular guy except for when his skin is peeled off and he just looks like a Terminator. Metallo will also bring out a side of Superman only lightly touched on in past movies. His intelligence. With Metallo being powered by kryptonite which takes away Superman’s powers, Superman will have to rely on his brain to get him out of the situation rather than his brawn.

No Caption Provided

4) Kryptonite: Kryptonite has always been seen as a substance which makes Superman weak. Its fragments of minerals from Krypton that had made its way to earth. If it’s on Krypton why doesn't it make all the Kryptonians on Krypton weak? That’s a question I have always asked. Then some people would answer that it’s radioactive or poisoned. If that is the case I want it to be explained why it’s poisoned. Typically in Superman media when he is under the red sun he loses his powers and Kryptonite makes him weak. I think that should be switched around. In MOS when Superman enters Zod’s ship which atmosphere is the same a Krypton’s he becomes weak and passes out since he has to adapt to this atmosphere that he hadn't been on in 33 years! I think that the Red Sun should have this effect on Superman too since he has to adapt to the red sun, which once he adapts to takes his powers away. Since Kryptonite is just a rock I think it should just automatically take away his powers. Leaving him as vulnerable and as powerful as a regular human.

5) Plot Summary: After the events of MOS parts of Metropolis are destroyed. Lex Luthor sees this as an opportunity to take the role as the hero of Metropolis, buy rebuilding it from the ground up. During the process of building Luthor frequently yet subtly plants the seeds of Superman being a menace to society. After rebuilding is completed Luthor runs for and is elected Mayor of Metropolis. Luthor’s first act is to get rid of Superman. He releases a series of robots and machines to stop Superman but he beats them all. John Corben was a soldier who volunteered to pilot one of these machines. He is injured severely in battle with Superman. Everything below his ribs is all gone, along with his right arm. Superman does not know that someone was piloting this machine. He flies away at the end of the battle not knowing that Corben was even in the robot. The Police find Corben, but Luthor pays them off so they give Corbens body to Luthor. Luthor releases a photo of Corbens demolished body. He tells the public that Superman did that to Corben, failing to mention Superman didn't know he was in the suit. He places Corben in a metallic suit that serves as life support. The suit also gives him enhanced strength, durability, speed, and agility. The suit is powered by a rare mineral called Kryptonite, which originates from Superman's home planet. Luthor sends Metallo out to kill Superman. Superman and Metallo begin to fight when Metallo opens up his chest to reveal the kryptonite. Superman begins to lose his power and is reduced to the power of a human. Metallo then attacks Superman who seems to be losing the fight when he manages to render Metallo unconscious by causing him to accidentally electrocute himself. Superman takes out the Kryptonite and destroys it. Superman flies away from the scene, since he hears the cops coming. The cops find Metallo conscious yet beginning to die since the suit is not functioning due to it being electrocuted. Metallo dies before they can power the suit up again. Luthor then comes out with the statement that Superman had killed John Corben (failing to mention John Corben was trying to kill him.) Superman is seen as an outlaw among Metropolitans.

So those are my main ideas for the movie. If you agree, let me know in the comments. If you disagree, let me know that too! I also would like to hear some of your ideas. Deuces!

No Caption Provided

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Indeed Goyer should not write the screenplay. Give that to Jonathan Nolan.

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think after MOS i think WB will make John Nolan join in has well, Anyways MOS 2 i think this guy is spot on i really think MOS 2 will be a more brighter film IMO cause watch MOS ending the color became lighter when he was clark kent thats telling you something. Anyways MOS 2 i really think Zack wants Metallo and Lex Luthor cause i think they will base it off of Secret Origins when Lex Luthor appears and metallo. Hell we may see General Sam Lane in the sequel has well and Jimmy Olsen will appear meaning MOS 2 will have humor cause its jimmy olsen. Jenny was Jenny Jarvich ( why they didnt call her cat grant i have no idea) Anyways yeah i think MOS 2 will be better and there gonna ground it more much more.

CrouchingTiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Kryptonite

2. Grieving on Superman's part

3. Invest more time in character development

4. More Clark Kent, less Superman

5. Jimmy Olsen

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RustyRoy
    1. Replace Goyer and Snyder.
    2. Luthor should be the only villain. He's Superman's biggest villain, I'd hate it if the focus shifts on another villain even for a moment if Luthor is the main villain movie.
    3. At the starting let Luthor and others find Kryptonite and test on it, somehow let us know that it effects Superman, maybe an accidental exposure for a short while, its full use should be at the last battle, it should not be the main focus of the movie.
    4. Luthor's battle suit should be included.
    5. Let Luthor turn people against Superman, this should be his main weakness not kryptonite but at the end of the movie everyone turns against Luthor and sees Superman as the hero he is.
    • I also want to see the real Lois Lane (I also wouldn't mind if they recast her), the real Superman, and a good representation of Clark's new life behind the glasses, and Jimmy Olsen.
    • Luthor should be portrayed as the the most ruthless, cold, cunning villain in the history of CBMs.
    Kellerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just one for me, have DARKSEID in it >:).

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Clark Kent and Lois Lane development

Supergirl cameo

More fortress of solitude

Luthor/Brainiac team-up

No Kryptonite

No Snyder/Goyer please

gator4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

1. More Clark

2. Lex Luthor introduced but not the main villain

3. Supergirl or Krypto at least discovered by Superman

4. No kryptonite but maybe kryptonian gas based on the Kryptonian atmosphere.

5. No more killing please

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By RedHood13

@kellerman: Darkseid should be a JL villain NEVER a standalone superman villain.

Prelucid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I first started reading Superman comics, I was 9 years old (typically I would ignore them and just go along with what the movies were doing) and around that time superman died (Doomsday), so I bought the issues and all the ones through the Reign of Supermen (Cyborg, Eradicator, Superboy, Steel), until his resurrection. So for me, I would like Lex to come in the second movie with a major villain parallel to that plus Supergirl, and then I would definitely like to see a third and a fourth movie surrounding the death and return. It's a long shot, but for me personally, it would mean a lot.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Break Lex's Neck

2. Break Brainiac's Neck

3. Break Metallo's Neck (Eat the Kryptonite if possible)

4. Make a megasized crater destroying the whole city

5. No regrets this time

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@ssejllenrad: Only if he also flies to Gotham and breaks Bane's back over his knee and then have Batman run up and yell, "Yea, that hurts like a bitch doesn't it."

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lilben42

1. Clark/Superman and Lois relationship

2. Lex Luthor

3. Metallo

4. The Daily Planet staff

5. Kryptonite

SuperEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SuperEnd

Well Kryptonite is also an energy source in the comics, they can maybe play around with that fact in the movie. Like its a power source for the kryptonian spacecraft or something

Mahahus64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't anyone believe you already saw a bit of what this Superman's Kryptonite is? Things from Krypton!

Remember, he couldn't use powers in Krypton gravitation and the air was kind of poisonous to him, it makes him un-super!

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: Only if he also flies to Gotham and breaks Bane's back over his knee and then have Batman run up and yell, "Yea, that hurts like a bitch doesn't it."

That's a topnotch box office idea right there.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By joshmightbe

@mahahus64: yea but they pretty much blew all that stuff up

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:
    1. Replace Goyer and Snyder.
    2. Luthor should be the only villain. He's Superman's biggest villain, I'd hate it if the focus shifts on another villain even for a moment if Luthor is the main villain movie.
    3. At the starting let Luthor and others find Kryptonite and test on it, somehow let us know that it effects Superman, maybe an accidental exposure for a short while, its full use should be at the last battle, it should not be the main focus of the movie.
    4. Luthor's battle should.
    5. Let Luthor turn people against Superman, this should be his main weakness not kryptonite but at the end of the movie everyone turns against Luthor and sees Superman as the hero he is.
    • I also want to see the real Lois Lane (I also wouldn't mind if they recast her), the real Superman, and a good representation of Clark's new life behind the glasses, and Jimmy Olsen.
    • Luthor should be portrayed as the the most ruthless, cold, cunning villain in the history of CBMs.

I very much agree with this.

Birthright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Birthright

1) Parasite

2) Lex Luthor

3) Clark and Lois Relationship

4) Character developments and introduce on major DC character.

5) Victor Stone accident at S.T.A.R Labs

dcdyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) more Clark (includes relationships job and friends)

2) Luthor/metalo or brainiac

3) Snyder/Goyer because it looked like they were setting themselves up for a second movie

4) a reference to a hero in the JL movie.

5) him fixing/saving the city

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.