Follow

Superman/Wonder Woman

Volume »

Is an ongoing New 52 series that focuses on the romance of the Kryptonian Alien, Superman and the Amazon Princess, Wonder Woman. Joining together, they must face whatever enemies they face and keep the love alive.

Superman/Wonder Woman #2

• 61 results
    justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@mcderpyson: When Batman approves all in disagreement shut the hell up and agree.

Ghidoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@outside_85:

It's quite frankly impossible to emasculate Superman, because he is the guy that ends up saving the world regardless of the threat or what bend over backwards stunts DC has to pull to make it work. Wonder Woman is the greatest female superhero in DC's universe, yet she never gets to save the world even if she's every bit as capable as he is. So excuse me for not caring about him not saving the day once in a blue moon.

And I agree, Diana is not a passive damsel... which is why it's utter crap Superman gets to play white knight at her expense, she's the very last woman that needs any sort of defending.

It's not an issue if you are a Superman fan, but it's the usual DC crapping on WW to us that's more in her camp. Same with this relationship really, it's for his benefit, not hers.

And sadly now I have to just expect her getting mauled by Zod as well.

@ghidoran said:

So if WW had defender Superman instead, would you have complained because Superman was being emasculated?

No, for the reason's given above.

Ok, forget Superman. Imagine it was Martian Manhunter in his place. He's another hero that doesn't get to save the world. Would you have complained if Diana had stepped in to protect his honor, 'emasculating' him?

SpeedyMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@augustozabala01 said:

This comic sucks! I thought that WW was going to be in a equal position with Superman, like Batman in B/S. But this issue showed that she is absolutely inferior to him. She is easily beaten by Doomsday and then Superman humiliates Apollo (the most powerfull being in Azarello's WW). The dialogs are the same. Again an d again WW is saying that he is very powerfuk. Her role is just to how how strong Superman is.

Go do some research on Doomsday, dude. Anyone expecting her to beat that thing up needs his head examined or is new to comics . WW is stating facts and she humiliated Orion in her book something many Orion fans are not happy with because Orion is written like a jackass. Supes as least is doing what any respectable gentleman would...standing up for his girl. Diana has smacked around people who tried to hurt Superman before...so don't even try to pull that lame gender card.

As am Wonder Woman fan ... Well said.

oscars (336) Animated Gif on Giphy

applause (216) Animated Gif on Giphyapplause (216) Animated Gif on Giphy

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

It's got nothing to do with whether she needs defending or not. A man speaking up and telling someone don;t talk crap about the woman he cares for is a dumb thing? Then WW standing up for any fellow hero man or heroine woman is a dumb thing. I wonder if you go around preaching then? Bet you don't. So you'd stand by and not utter a word eh if your partner got insulted because she can beat up people? That's not how relationships work dude, or reality. I suppose this why WW never gets to have a relationship because the fans have such a chip on their shoulder. They don't want her written like a real person. Supes stood up for himself as well. And Apollo is a jerk. Deserves what he got.

You clearly know nothing about what Diana is or represents.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

I bought this, but I am in now hurry to read it

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By KingAres109

When does this issues takes place?Before Forever Evil or after!?Thnx any1.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im confused too honestly. I can only guess that since Action Comics, under Grant, was jumping around the time stream, due to 5th Dimensional interference. Maybe the scene where Death of Superman is referenced is further ahead of the rest of the DCU. No telling, that was a fun story, but awful confusing.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm glad others are enjoying this book as much as I am

Truth.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a fan of the boyfriend/girlfriend dynamic,3/5.

Dud317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be the first to admit, I was unsure about this. I wasn't hating on it, just unsure of where they would go. It's quickly rising up my list. Between this, Red Lanterns, and Letter 44, I'll give anything Soule writes a shot.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Wonder Woman does not need anyone to defend her but I thought if was very in chharacter for Clark to stand up to someone being unkind to a friend of his, let alone someone he cares about. Meeting family of a loved one can be difficult at times but Dianna's family is different to say the least. I felt this was a good issue in a series that thus far has proved to be far better then I could possible expected. I was worried that this would degerade into a sappy romance but so far that has not happened.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

There is an old saying that goes" Forever great man there is a great woman", so it stand to reason that the world greatest female and male superhero deserve each other. Also did no one notice the comedic moment when strife saw superman beat Apollo

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By johnqestion

@outside_85 said:

@johnqestion said:

It's got nothing to do with whether she needs defending or not. A man speaking up and telling someone don;t talk crap about the woman he cares for is a dumb thing? Then WW standing up for any fellow hero man or heroine woman is a dumb thing. I wonder if you go around preaching then? Bet you don't. So you'd stand by and not utter a word eh if your partner got insulted because she can beat up people? That's not how relationships work dude, or reality. I suppose this why WW never gets to have a relationship because the fans have such a chip on their shoulder. They don't want her written like a real person. Supes stood up for himself as well. And Apollo is a jerk. Deserves what he got.

Says the self anointed person who thinks you alone do when so many others disagree with you? haha. Yeaaah. You might want to realize the world nor do all fans of WW revolve around what YOU think only. Many of us will get by without your approval.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@outside_85 said:

@johnqestion said:

Says the self anointed person who thinks you alone do when so many others disagree with you? haha. Yeaaah. You might want to realize the world nor do all fans of WW revolve around what YOU think only. Many of us will get by without your approval.

Thats the difference between me and people like you, I already knew that. It would serve you well to come to the same realization.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@justice_teen: I did notice that stryf got alittle moist down there after sm knocked the sun god the hell out of the volcano. It was awesome! That was my 2nd favorite part. The first was how diana was kinda acting like a highschool girl trying to keep her bf from gettinginto a fight with the school bulIy. Lol

As for supermans costume, it repairs itself. Its a krypton material. When it gets destroyed, it digitizes and reforms. Its looks real cool when it does it. Ithink it even changes color. That suit powergirl is wearing is really a suit she borrowed from supergirl.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.