Follow

Superman/Wonder Woman

Volume »

Is an ongoing New 52 series that focuses on the romance of the Kryptonian Alien, Superman and the Amazon Princess, Wonder Woman. Joining together, they must face whatever enemies they face and keep the love alive.

Superman/Wonder Woman #11

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The Good

The battle rages on and there's one particular scene that stands out from the rest as Cyborg makes a last ditch effort to stop the collectors. With the push DC seemed to be giving Cyborg, I'm glad to see it wasn't done in jest. He continues to prove his worth here in a very dramatic scene that's paced out incredibly well with a great reveal. Based on that alone, I would love to see Charles Soule tackle Cyborg in an on-going series.

The art is different, but very enjoyable. Thony Silas, with Tomeu Morey and Ulises Arreola on colors, provide a bit ore stylistic version of the characters everyone is used to in this series. Silas does a formidable job at showing movement throughout each scene through little things like the way the cape is blowing or how someone's hair flows in each panel.

The issue is fun, don't get me wrong. It really does keep in tone with the rest of the story and provides an issue that will want you to keep reading. Again, as far as Superman stories go in the New 52, this is one of the better ones.The issue provides a lot of entertainment, which is exactly what you want.

The Bad

Once again, the roller coaster that is Superman: Doomed hits a slump. The story has been going on for quite some time and it is wearing thin. I've been a huge fan of of this story line as a whole, but jumping between the books, each week, is giving me the spins. There a lot of elements to this issue I really loved, but overall, I felt empty, like not much had been accomplished.

The ending of this issue was incredibly disappointing. The story feels like it's backtracking at this point and when you have a story going on for this long, through so many books, it just becomes so frustrating to read. Without giving anything away, what happens at the end, it feels like a step back. I was also hoping for a bit more with Mongul, but as soon as he comes out of the Phantom Zone, he heads back in. His part in this story isn't finished, but it's frustrating for fans to not see the reveal page from last week not pay off.

The Verdict

I was very split on this book. It's almost a 4 but because this book seems to do so much backtracking, it just didn't make sense. It still is a solid read and what's being done with Superman and Wonder Woman here is interesting and could lead one awesome conclusion. Overall, this was an ok read and I mildly recommend it.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

it was good seeing Cyborg bust out some guns and getting some action. the art in this book was interesting, white eyed Superman looked intimidating and what was up with everybody folding their arms in this book? lol

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By timelord

Only two more issues of Doomed!

Supergirl #34

Superman Doomed #2

Then the Superbooks can finally go back to being great again. It was a solid story just a typical DC cross over went for 4 issues to long as there was so much filler.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timelord said:

Only two more issues of Doomed!

Supergirl #34

Superman Doomed #2

Then the Superbooks can finally go back to being great again. It was a solid story just a typical DC cross over went for 4 issues to long as there was so much filler.

They honestly should have just retold the Death of Superman story. I didn't like the whole virus angle with Doomsday, I think that ruined his character personally. I didn't really like Superman becoming Doomsday either. I think they could have done more with this event.

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't realize this series had a forum! Awesome! :D

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By justice teen

@micah: IDK this version of doomsday is more logical. The whole thing about him is that whatever kills him makes him stronger, but that doesn't make sense because when something kills you your dead. Healing factor doesn't revive the dead, so that must mean he was never kill just badly injured. With this version he becomes what killed him, and justify what kills you makes you stronger.

Also respect on Wonder Woman's move to stop this invasion. I didn't read the action comic issue last week, so if anyone could fill me in on why Zod and Faora wasn't with mongul that would be great.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I agree that this has gone on for way too long...I also think that there are way to many plots going on at once here

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I want it to be over so I can start on Morrison new series.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: IDK this version of doomsday is more logical. The whole thing about him is that whatever kills him makes him stronger, but that doesn't make sense because when something kills you your dead. Healing factor doesn't revive the dead, so that must mean he was never kill just badly injured. With this version he becomes what killed him, and justify what kills you makes you stronger.

Also respect on Wonder Woman's move to stop this invasion. I didn't read the action comic issue last week, so if anyone could fill me in on why Zod and Faora wasn't with mongul that would be great.

I suppose. I'm just upset that we probably won't be seeing the real New-52 Doomsday again.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you know, the only way this could be better is if WW was torn between getting with Superman or Batman like a CW teen romance.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By justice teen

@cobramorph: That would be a terrible idea.

@micah: Not true. There is cloning, and Doomsday spores finding alternates host.

Mightus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobramorph: That would be a terrible idea.

@micah: Not true. There is cloning, and Doomsday spores finding alternates host.

I didn't know that. I guess I feel better, since it looks like we'll be seeing Doomsday again.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

WHAT THE HELL? DOOMED is still going on? Didn't this crap start 3 months ago and is a cross over between 3 or 4 books?

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@madeinbangladesh: Haha, I was thinking the same thing and I don't even read this series. Stupid, overly long crossovers are what stopped me and keep me from buying either Superman or Supergirl books.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By justice teen

@micah: I was saying what they could do, Idk if they will.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: I was saying what they could do, Idk if they will.

Seems pretty likely IMO

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHAT THE HELL? DOOMED is still going on? Didn't this crap start 3 months ago and is a cross over between 3 or 4 books?

LOL me neither. Who the hell put this whole crossover together? It's terrible.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
    Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@madeinbangladesh said:

I like how you agree with yourself.

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madeinbangladesh said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

I like how you agree with yourself.

dammit I was replying to @iaconpoint

Harryvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is whole story is "Shit Cakes".

One very drunk afternoon my friends and I tried making our own biscuits. They were terrible in every way but we were convinced we could fix them by adding more ingredients. Spices, seasoning, bake, broil.....you name it, we tried it but they kept getting worse. Finally we gave up but once in a while we laugh about our creation known as only "Shit cakes". Now it's a term that simply means "This is effing doomed (I intend all puns bc I'm mentally hilarious and you're weird if you don't intend em), give up ASAP and try something that makes sense".

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Am I the only one struck by how bi-polar this review is? I mean, the Bad section is pretty damning with statements like: "Superman: Doomed hits a slump", "The story...is wearing thin", "it just becomes so frustrating to read", "it feels like a step back", and "the ending of this issue was incredibly disappointing".

The writer makes it sound like an unbearable chore to read through, but then in the conclusion its apparently a solid read that's worth almost four stars? Well okay then :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.