yeopop's Superman: Red Son #1 - Red Son Rising review

• yeopop wrote this review on .
  • yeopop has written a total of 78 reviews. The last one was for Hush

Surprising

When I took this story I was thinking that Superman was going to fight against a red Superman, a champion of the USSR, but I was surprised to see it was Superman who was enemy of the free world. This occurs ina parallel world where every country is Communist except USA and Chile, Lex Luthor is President and Superman becomes the Premier of the USSR when he realizes he can make a better place with his powers. His arrival is kept as a secret when he arrives and is raised to serve the Communist ideology. When Luthor knows of his existence he becomes obssesed to ddestroy Superman, for that he gets a sample of his DNA but it's very complex, and the result is Bizarro, after this fails he uses the Green Lantern Corps in an attemppt to destroy him, but it fails too. Buy in the USSR the only who can destroy him is Batman who leads a group against him. The art is good and story is surprinsingly interesting and there's a cameo of Wonder Woman who is a representative of the Amaznos but living in the USSR, of course Superman feels love for her.

I still remember those years of rivalry between USA and USSR and this bring back many memories. This story it's for nostalgics of those years or for those who feel curiosity of how Superman would be if he was in the Communist gang. I recommend it.
Posted by miki