User Reviews
2 (0)
1 (0)

4 stars 4/5 Stars Average score of 2 user reviews

Interesting take 0

I thoroughly enjoyed Birthright, not just because of the great art or the relatable storyline (a young adult finding out who they really are). No, the part I enjoyed the most was the alien heritage of Kal-El emphasised in such a way that it didn't make him seem more alien, in fact to me it made him seem more the embodiment of the human spirit.  Let me explain. On page 37 of the TPB (Could be issue 2 of the series, I'm not sure) Clark writes in an email to Ma Kent that he sees living things as ha...

Birthright in Some Ways, Birthwrong in Others 0

COMIC VINE'S TOP 100 SUPERMAN STORIES reviewed!#9: 'Birthright'So here we go with yet another Superman origin story. Or at least the first half of the comic is a Superman origin story; beginning on Krypton just before its destruction, Jor-El and Lara make the fateful decision to put baby Kal-El in a rocket and send it to Earth. The second half of the comic is about Clark Kent freelancing in some African country and interviewing a rebel leader. In some ways this second half is more interesting gi...