Follow

Superman/Batman

Team » Superman/Batman appears in 1079 issues.

Superman and Batman, the two most recognizable characters in comic books, frequently team up to tackle threats that neither of them can handle on their own, each bringing their own special talents to the fore.

Why can't hollywood make a batman/superman movie?

deadpool2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Edited By deadpool2099

Why can't there be worlds finest live movie?? Is it that hard for hollywood to get their heads out of bad xmen prequel ideas to actually try something so easy a toddler could do it. They wouldn't even have to write something different, just do a live action shot for shot version of the cartoon movie. If there is anyone out there who has been tired of dc getting screwed when it comes to potential good movies when they actually an okay set up please say so. Please god make the green lantern movie awesome?
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

Well when Warner Bros. is done with the Harry Potter franchise (which ends this summer THANK GOD) their new focus will be on the DC superheroes. This means that we'll be getting a Flash movie, a new Superman franchise, maybe a Green Arrow movie, and all that other great stuff. Unfortunately, however, the people at the WB dislike the idea of "crossovers" and prefer to keep each superhero in their own movie. They feel that their superheroes are "bigger than Marvel's" and they think that Marvel's Avengers plan is destined to fail. Personally, I think the WB is angry that they didn't think of Marvel's idea first and they keep making sh*t movies like Jonah Hex instead of hit movies like Iron Man.  

So, in short, there will most likely not be a World's Finest movie, but DC movies will make it on the screen in this decade. 

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By iLLituracy

Because...while it makes sense in books, they can't give Batman the same level of importance on the big screen, IMO.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @iLLituracy said:
    " Because...while it makes sense in books, they can't give Batman the same level of importance on the big screen, IMO. "
    Actually, and I mean no disrespect, it would be the opposite on the big screen. Batman is too big a character for a team film. Batman is bigger (outside of the comic community) than the entire Avengers franchise, same with Superman, putting them in a film together may work, but inside of a JL/A film, their star power greatly exceeds that of the other members. Even WW pales in comparison to Batman and Superman in the eyes of the general public. Putting someone like Aquaman or Martian Manhunter in would just kill the character's potential appeal, no matter how awesome said character may be.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iLLituracy
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @iLLituracy said:
    " Because...while it makes sense in books, they can't give Batman the same level of importance on the big screen, IMO. "
    Actually, and I mean no disrespect, it would be the opposite on the big screen. Batman is too big a character for a team film. Batman is bigger (outside of the comic community) than the entire Avengers franchise, same with Superman, putting them in a film together may work, but inside of a JL/A film, their star power greatly exceeds that of the other members. Even WW pales in comparison to Batman and Superman in the eyes of the general public. Putting someone like Aquaman or Martian Manhunter in would just kill the character's potential appeal, no matter how awesome said character may be. "
    You misinterpreted what I meant. Of course Batman is the bigger character, but I don't see a movie where he's helping Superman would work, and they won't do it ESPECIALLY because Batman's the bigger character. Batman doesn't fit into a Superman movie, and Superman doesn't fit into a Batman movie. The only reason why, in my opinion, Superman/Batman works in the books is because while Batman does not have superpowers, he does seem superhuman at sometimes. Being able to take down characters leagues beyond him with his intellect and skills. THAT is what won't work on screen, what makes Batman most dangerous from Superman's point of view. 
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @iLLituracy: Ah, I get you, I concur if they're trying to use the Nolanesque Batman. They'd have to make him more comic-friendly to correctly fit in with Superman and not seem redundant.
    Bergquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Bergquist

because hollywood can't write superman and only 1 person can write batman 
     + christian bale didn't even what to do Dark knight at frist  

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iLLituracy
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @iLLituracy: Ah, I get you, I concur if they're trying to use the Nolanesque Batman. They'd have to make him more comic-friendly to correctly fit in with Superman and not seem redundant. "
    That's another thing, Nolan isn't for lending his Batman to a crossover film and as far as I've seen of Batman they don't reflect what they refer to as "the most dangerous man in the world" where he can go up against Martians and super-powered people. I'm pretty sure Warner Bros. isn't going to bank on ANOTHER reboot to the franchise and possibly get a Superman Returns with Batman just to do a joint project or a JLA. I don't see some of these movies working for a while, honestly.
    Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Feliciano2040

The real problem here was that DC didn't start to make plans for a JLA movie as soon as Marvel made their move to release The Avengers, they willingly lagged behind, and in 2012 they will pay for the consequences.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @Gambit1024:  

the people at the WB dislike the idea of "crossovers" and prefer to keep each superhero in their own movie.

pretty much this, for some reason WB hates to even mention that the Dc heroes exist in the same continuity 
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gambit1024
    @The Stegman said:
    @Gambit1024:  

the people at the WB dislike the idea of "crossovers" and prefer to keep each superhero in their own movie.

pretty much this, for some reason WB hates to even mention that the Dc heroes exist in the same continuity 
    Which is a damn shame considering the huge possibilities they have in building franchises. Marvel's biggest (and only) problem is that they don't own all their characters. DC on the other hand has all of their characters in reach, but never takes advantage of that. If it were up to me, I'd be halfway through a JLA franchise by now. 
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @Gambit1024:  

EXACTLY it can even be little things how about having someone in the upcoming superman movie say "at least he's not like that Freak in Gotham city" even that little line will at least admit that Batman DOES exist, i don't know if you saw green lantern or not, but Hal did a Batman-like voice rasp, Carol could have said "stop it, you sound like Batman" i think they COULD make the movies independent, then bring it to a head with a global event that would cause the independent heroes to band together  

this vid pretty much describes it perfectly  

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gambit1024
    @The Stegman: Yeah, I saw GL. In the original script, they were also going to mention Superman, but it was cut out before filming.  

Hell even in some movies they give a nod to characters that the company doesn't even own; In Spider-Man 2, Dr. Strange was mentioned. In Daredevil, I think the Daily Bugle was mentioned.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By cattlebattle
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.