Where to start Superman/Batman

#1 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey all i have been wondering on which storyline to jump on in the Superman/Batman series... i ran 1-4 and grabbed 14 & 15 today and it seems like a great series.

I was thinking about starting with "search for Kryptonite"
#2 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio

"Search For Kryptonite" is really great story to start with, it's deffinitely one of the best.

In the future you could also go with a little Jeph Loeb with "Public Enemies" which is a little silly, but good nonetheless.

"Enemies Among Us" is also very good, as well as "Torment" (My favorite).

I know it's been three months since you asked but I really hope it helps, this isn't the best title DC has to offer, but when it works it does so brilliantly.

#3 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feliciano2040 said:
"Search For Kryptonite" is really great story to start with, it's deffinitely one of the best. In the future you could also go with a little Jeph Loeb with "Public Enemies" which is a little silly, but good nonetheless.  "Enemies Among Us" is also very good, as well as "Torment" (My favorite).  I know it's been three months since you asked but I really hope it helps, this isn't the best title DC has to offer, but when it works it does so brilliantly.
oh wow lol yes this was some time ago. thanks though for your suggestions. I was actually able to pick up the entire series for 90 cents an issue (a MAJOR steal).  
A man whose comic book shop had recently closed came to a swap meet and was trying to sell off everything in a day.  

I really did enjoy "Public Enemies" and "Search for Kryptonite". There were a lot of issues however that were major fillers. Others shined though. 
#4 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz said:
oh wow lol yes this was some time ago. thanks though for your suggestions. I was actually able to pick up the entire series for 90 cents an issue (a MAJOR steal).  A man whose comic book shop had recently closed came to a swap meet and was trying to sell off everything in a day.   I really did enjoy "Public Enemies" and "Search for Kryptonite". There were a lot of issues however that were major fillers. Others shined though. 
Amazing ! An incredible deal indeed, for my part I hated Superman/Batman after the Supergirl arc, the stuff with the phony avengers was just downright horrible and painful to read, until you got to those stories I mentioned.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.