Follow

Superman/Batman

Team » Superman/Batman appears in 1080 issues.

Superman and Batman, the two most recognizable characters in comic books, frequently team up to tackle threats that neither of them can handle on their own, each bringing their own special talents to the fore.

To Those Excited For Superman/Batman Film

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Where is the hate for batman? I mean, I specifically remember the hate and vitriol the Amazing Spiderman got for being announced 3 years after Spiderman 3 ended. It was so intense. Yet here we have a new batman announcement only one year, I think I need to say it again , one year, after he just finished having 3 films. Yet no one is up in arms? Why? Some hate wolverine for his role in the xmen when he has had only 2 solo films in the character's history. People seem to dislike iron man for having a trilogy and being in Avengers (yes I don't see the logic in that either), and some seem to dislike loki for being in thor 1, 2, and Avengers. But in reality, Iron Man wasn't in hulk, or Captain america, or thor. Other characters got to shine. And The Amazing Spiderman got announced 3 years after Spiderman 3, and came out 5 years after 3. Yet Stark, wolverine and spidey got flack for being popular.

When in reality, batman has been in (including MoS2) 4 of the last 5 DC films!!! Just think about that for a second. Is this not shocking/worrying to some? And not a single person seems to care. Lol why is that? I never really hated the spiderman announcement, or stark's place in the MCU, or wolverine's place within the Xmen. But I would just like to know why they get criticisms, but Batman doesn't...

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Its Batman......there would be no DC without him or Superman

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The people who complain about Batman, Wolverine, Iron Man, Spider-Man, etc. for being in too many movies are CLOWNS. Those guys are basically the top dogs in the comic book world, and it's only natural that they would get more movies than other no name comic characters. If you don't like that they are in "too many movies", don't watch.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its Batman......there would be no DC without him or Superman

As Wolverine is the most popular xmen character and Spiderman is the most popular Marvel character. But they still got hate. Lol I just want to know the reasoning behind this.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Yeah. Lets hate on something instead of be excited for something just because. That sounds fun.

Batman is a lot easier to portray on screen because he's been successful at it before. It only makes sense they would go back to him. He's also arguably the most iconic Superhero of all time (tied with Superman) so its not just the comic crowd he attracts either.

We need a live action Justice League. In order to do that we need more characters. If they have to redo Batman first because he's the easiest, then so be it.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By novi_homines

@fallschirmjager said:

Yeah. Lets hate on something instead of be excited for something just because. That sounds fun.

Batman is a lot easier to portray on screen because he's been successful at it before. It only makes sense they would go back to him. He's also arguably the most iconic Superhero of all time (tied with Superman) so its not just the comic crowd he attracts either.

We need a live action Justice League. In order to do that we need more characters. If they have to redo Batman first because he's the easiest, then so be it.

Lol ok. Spiderman is essentially marvel. And wolverine embodies the xmen. And they got hate instead of being excited about something just because. I still have not seen a legitimate answer as to why batman isn't getting this same treatment

They could instead make a wonder woman or flash or aquaman film first. It is the Justice League after all. Not the Batman, Superman, and e.veryone else league. I still think they should've done everyone else first, finishing off with batman right before the justice league film. Would've given batman a breather, and given others a chance to shine.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@novi_homines: I don't disagree. I would love to see the rest of the JLA get their own movies. I just don't think thats the easiest thing to do either.

Plus I mean...EVERYONE is going to want to go see Batman/Superman. Even if you are sick of Batman. There's no better way to generate momentum, as long as the movie is good.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines: I don't disagree. I would love to see the rest of the JLA get their own movies. I just don't think thats the easiest thing to do either.

Plus I mean...EVERYONE is going to want to go see Batman/Superman. Even if you are sick of Batman. There's no better way to generate momentum, as long as the movie is good.

Gotcha.

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines: because it's the only way to have a justice league movie. And nobodies going to complain because we're getting more bang for our buck. Other than just re-creating the same thing. If the new spiderman or wolverine movies were being created to fit into the avengers universe than I'm sure there would be les hate. Now a days it's all about the shared universe kind've thing..and anything other than that just isn't as exciting anymore.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines: Every one knows that Howard the duck is the most popular marvel.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By novi_homines

@commander_kane said:

@novi_homines: because it's the only way to have a justice league movie. And nobodies going to complain because we're getting more bang for our buck. Other than just re-creating the same thing. If the new spiderman or wolverine movies were being created to fit into the avengers universe than I'm sure there would be les hate. Now a days it's all about the shared universe kind've thing..and anything other than that just isn't as exciting anymore.

How is it the only way to have a JL movie? They could easily take this time ,since batman just finished a trilogy, to make a wonderwoman, flash, MM, or aquaman film, then have batman be the very last film before the JL. I understand batman must be redone before a JL film must be made. but there are other justice league members within the justice league. Lol

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines: They're the founding members, it only makes perfect since. Plus this movie is long over due. Plus they just kind've have to. You start with your most accomplished characters first so that you have a better chance at breaking ground. Makes it easier for the storyline and shared universe to tie in.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.