Superman/Batman Apocalypse: "Tank" Clip

#1 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to buy this movie on bluray. I wonder what the next animated film is going to be.

#2 Posted by ComicMan24 (147032 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks very good.

#3 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

interesting

#4 Posted by Red Rum (357 posts) - - Show Bio

After seeing WW in action like that, I wonder why they didn't call this movie "Trinity: Apocalypse"?

#5 Posted by afierce (254 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman, that was badass.

Was Superman actually just punching fire?

#6 Posted by JML103179 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

afierce that was a classic homage to that Fleischer cartoon "The Mad Scientist" when he's punching the beam. That's been overdone but still effective and awesome. And what about WW?! That was just amazing! And what was Bruce packin in those batarangs?!
#7 Posted by Sammo21 (700 posts) - - Show Bio
@SUPER-MAN 23:  I think that Batman: Year One might be the next one...at least it comes out in 2011.  
#8 Posted by LightBright (4297 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the fact that Superman can punch fire. It's amazing. LMAO

#9 Posted by spiderguylll (620 posts) - - Show Bio

lol Is there ANYTHING Superman cant do

#10 Posted by Matches Malone (3 posts) - - Show Bio
@afierce said:
"Was Superman actually just punching fire? "

Yes. Yes, he was. Superman's so bad he can beat up fire.

#11 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red Rum said:
" After seeing WW in action like that, I wonder why they didn't call this movie "Trinity: Apocalypse"? "
Oh god!
The next animated movie should totally be based on the Trinity book!
#12 Posted by elayem98 (458 posts) - - Show Bio

looks rely cool except 
is superman really punching the fire?? i guess he doesnt have superintelligence too

#13 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2137 posts) - - Show Bio

Does nobody pay attention to anything? We know what the next 3 are going to be in order.
All Star Superman
Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors
Batman: Year One

And It's called Superman/Batman: Apocalypse because it's directly based off the second storyline in the comic series of the same name, the second arc after Public Enemies.

Pay attention to these things xp

On a less condescending note, it looks like they're animating in the Style of Crisis on Two Earths instead of Public Enemies, which is odd since this is more or less a direct sequel to the latter and uses the same voices. Although COTE was easily the very best of these recent DVD movies and I would LOVE if this was a precursor to a new Justice League Animated Series with the animation style, voices, and continuity of COTE.

Also I apologize if I came off as an ass in my first part of this comment, it just sometimes surprises me how people can be right up on stuff like this but not know about the other nearly directly related stuff.

#14 Posted by Rocket Avenger/Dark Avenger (9 posts) - - Show Bio

That Superman.  He'll punch anything.
#15 Posted by Grimoire (566 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mighty Monarch:  Since the studio seems to stick to the source material very well should I still read Batman:Year One if they are going to make a movie about it?
#16 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2137 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grimoire: In all honesty, I'm pissed that they're making this movie. Don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE Batman fan, but seriously? Everyone knows what happens in Year One. Next to nothing. Bruce Wayne trains. He lives and learns from failures. The End.
And they've been over his origin so many times. Year One exists already. It's called Batman Begins. It may not be the same, but all the important bits are there. Give some spotlight to some characters who need it more. The Flash for example? The only one of the big 5 NOT having a solo movie so far? Or The Outsiders! Best comic book team ever imo, and they have LOTS of Movie-Worthy stories.

And on another note, they're doing a good job of making these movies unique. Public Enemies was really close to the source, but most of the rest aren't directly based on any stories. Death of Superman was RADICALLY different than Superman: Doomsday, First Flight wasn't a direct comic, Wonder Woman wasn't, Crisis On Two Earths was only BARELY similar to Earth-2. Like, The set up is the same, Good Luthor comes to DCU earth and the JLA debate wether or not to help him. THAT'S THE END OF THE SIMILARITIES.
Red Hood was a great example of similar to the source yet clearly had it's own identity. BUT, if you notice, the ones based directly on comics use the same title. Public Enemies, New Frontier, etc. So, I'm sure Year One will be very close to the source since it shares the title, but honestly, it's the first time I've thought even an iota about skipping one of these straight to DVD DC movies.
#17 Posted by Greendevil (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

I just saw it. There is a fight with Superman+Supergirl vs Darkseid...................SWEEEEET!!!!!! Imo this movie was better than Superman vs Doomsday and the rest of the JLA movies so far!
#18 Edited by CaptainGenisVell (313 posts) - - Show Bio

@Matches Malone said:

" @afierce said:

"Was Superman actually just punching fire? "

Yes. Yes, he was. Superman's so bad he can beat up fire.

"
I've recently watched the original cartoon series and he punches a laser to submission! 

Can find the link to the episode in the spoiler. It is free and legal to watch due to how old it is.
Anyone got any details on the Superman/Shazam Dc Short?
#19 Posted by davidkenneth (434 posts) - - Show Bio
@Greendevil:
How did you see it?
#20 Posted by blueninjapanther (672 posts) - - Show Bio

I already saw that movie and it was really good!!!
#21 Posted by Grimoire (566 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mighty Monarch:  Thanks for all the great info.
#22 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2137 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grimoire: Yeah np, sorry if I ranted too much, I just have very strong opinions on some of these things XD 
If you liked that you might want to check out some of my comic reviews sometime.
#23 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7956 posts) - - Show Bio

That looked a bit ridiculous, I'd still watch it though.

#24 Posted by intothetempest (287 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it when they showcase Wonder Woman like that, I really enjoy the female characters in comic books, and that was superb. Can't wait to finally see this

#25 Posted by Vixen (66 posts) - - Show Bio

I was worried they werent going to add Barda! Im even happier now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.