Follow

Superman/Batman

Team » Superman/Batman appears in 1080 issues.

Superman and Batman, the two most recognizable characters in comic books, frequently team up to tackle threats that neither of them can handle on their own, each bringing their own special talents to the fore.

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse DVD Cover Art

• 84 results
    Braxxis7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By Braxxis7

i love clayton crains art here!!!
    NXH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By NXH

I like it. I dont see why people seem to hate clayton crains art work. I actually like his style. 
    would be interesting to see if the animation will be similar. like what they did with public enemies when they were taking the influence from ed maginius' art.
    Red Rum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Red Rum

It looks like Supergirl has been brainwashed by some evil force... but WHO? 

I'm just screwin' with ya'll, it was obviously Darkseid. I bet this means we get to see the Female Furies, too.

Sir Duke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54  Edited By Sir Duke

All I need to hear is one thing, "Michael Ironside returns to voice Darkseid."

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55  Edited By Theodore

Sounds freakin awesome!

Robrat93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Robrat93

I can't wait to see the evil Apokoliptian Supergirl face off with Superman i hope they do the "Clash of the Cousins" justice and not just a feeble fight.

ben_scarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By ben_scarlet

Amazing...
    but...why apocalypse? xD

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By johnny_spam
    @ben_scarlet: @ben_scarlet said:
    " Amazing... but...why apocalypse? xD "
    Because of Darkseid's planet Apokolips.
    Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By Man of Lengend

im stoked for this movie.!!!    just hope the art is like Turnners  

Avatar image for crimsoninutears
    CrimsonInuTears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By CrimsonInuTears

Now see, if the final product actually looks like that, an not just gorgious cover are, I might add it to the collection~ ^_^
    RATZGobbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By RATZGobbler

Kudos to Clayton Crane for the cover.

Avatar image for captaingenisvell
    CaptainGenisVell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By CaptainGenisVell
    @jaymastergwapo: 
    I think Superman looks like he was done more by Clayton Cain
    rasx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By rasx

Really enjoyed Public Enemies and this one just looks awesome(Darkseid is one of my favorite DC villians).
    pentagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#64  Edited By pentagram
    @Aquamariner said:
    " Hmm... It REALLY bugs me that we're gettin more Supes + Bats, but...wAAAAit a minute... is this the story arc "The Supergirl from Krypton" made into movie... HOLY CRAP! 

OK, nevermind. I WANT THIS NOW!  
    Oh, and I hope Wonder woman, Barda, Mr miracle and DOOMSDAY is in this too!!! 

@Joe Venom said:

" I'll take whatever Animated flicks they can dish out, they can keep all the live action flicks I don't think I'll ever like any of those. "

My friend, I am with you all the way. Live action just doesn't cut it! "
    i still want to see a live action ww movie, besides that im with you. 
    Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge
    AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 14

Something tells me that they'll do all the series.

ElJuano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66  Edited By ElJuano

What's funny is most people I know that are not Comic related aficionado's see the animated flicks on bootleg versions and the ppl who do buy them are always asking when are DC/Warner's gonna start putting out more justice league related or similarly based animations. Truth be told DC aniations rule over Marvel's and rightly so, they have a lot better stories. BUT Marvel has a deeper bench and I'm impressed at the amount of characters that have gotten some time in the spotlight from the Marvel universe. While back @ DC ummm... Bats and Supes. I was blown away that DC is considering doing a Blue Beetle live action movie... The  Jaime Reyes version too, WOW I think this would be an amazing leap and a  glimmer of hope that DC will see that their core audience still sees and buys their product and with that we deserve to see more of what the DC universe has to offer besides the main 3.

Falcon9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Falcon9

I think I just blacked out due to the awesomeness to this. I can't wait!!!!!!

ChadwickDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ChadwickDavis

Personally I'm on the fence about this one. part of me wants to be excited about this one (really excited because I thoroughly enjoyed the Supergirl arc), but on the other hand I'm skeptical because of the trend  of inconsistency of DC animated films; especially when they are using great story arcs. I enjoyed Superman/ Batman: Public Enemies and Wonder Woman, but I despised Justice League Crisis on Infinite Earths and Green Lantern: First Flight. I Didn't Care for Superman Doomsday.  

Also I would like to know who are the voice actors, because personally (and I hate to say this) the movies seem to lack the Synergy that the animated series had in the vocal department (Superman/ Batman: Public Enemies and Wonder Woman excluded.)  

If they stick close to the storyline and get the right voices for the characters then I will be one of the first to buy it when it comes out.  

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#69  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Can not wait

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I'm personally far more interested in the Green Arrow short than the main thing

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By KRYPTON

So this is like the story Superman/Batman: Supergirl. Right? 

No Caption Provided
    jaymastergwapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By jaymastergwapo
    @Undeadpool said:

" @jaymastergwapo said:

" Supergirl looks like it was drawn by Mike Choi and Superman by Sana Takeda.. Batman, by JG Jones? "
    Clayton Crain. Superman/Batman: Public Enemies was basically just the exact comic book brought to DVD, I don't really see how that's not "for the fans." "
    @BKole said:

" @jaymastergwapo: It looks to me like it's all Clayton Crain artwork. "

oh i see..so he is the cover artist of the X-Force i thought it was Mike Choi.. thanks for answering
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By danhimself
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    " Something about this seems fake to me. If this was for their next animated movie, why would they use clip art from comics? You'd think you'd use something more along the lines of the kind of animation that is used in the movie.

It's not like that art on the cover will be used as the animation style for the actual movie. This seems really misleading. Every other previous WB animated movie has used the art style from the movie on the box art.  When I look at this cover. I don't think animated movie. I think encyclopedia or trade paperback. "
    that's not clip art from the comics...the books were penciled by Michael Turner...the dvd cover looks like it's done by Clayton Crain
    Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Cybexx

Just picked up Wonder Woman on Bluray yesterday because all the DC DVDs are on sale at Futureshop right now. It was really good, I mean I had heard previously it was good but yeah it was quite a bit better than I was expecting. Pretty bummed when I found out that the Wonder Woman sequel was in production at one point but is now cancelled thanks to sales. Which is kind of weird because according to Wikipedia, which can be taken with a grain of salt,  Wonder Woman has done better than the Justice League movies. 

Makes me wonder how much these movies cost to make and what kind of sales numbers they need to garner to keep going. They seem pretty awesome so far so I hope they do well enough to continue. They are kind of on the expensive side though. Here in Canada Wonder Woman goes for $35 on Bluray (Which is a tad on the high side) and $30 on DVD (Which is really on the high side). I grabbed it because it was $20 right now, it makes me wonder if they lowered the price a bit, especially on DVD would they garner enough additional sales to make up for it? 

Anyways after watching Wonder Woman I'm going to go back today and grab at least Justice League: The New Frontier which is only $10 right now and consider grabbing the Green Lantern which I heard is kind of disappointing and lacking in the Special Features department, so $20 is a bit of a hard pill to swallow.  

Icemizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#75  Edited By Icemizer

I think the cover art on this is horrid.  It completely lacks any sort of imagination or creativity. I am eager for the DVD itself and especially so after seeing the Green Arrow story will be included. But the cover art...meh.
    jamdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#76  Edited By jamdown

Wha- wha what happened I fainted
    RedHurricane24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#77  Edited By RedHurricane24

I like it. It's a small rendition to Michael Turner's work, especially the Supergirl close-up.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#78  Edited By Gambit1024

I'm more excited about the Green Arrow short than the actual movie, lol

anunsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By anunsi

jizzed in my pants. cant wait.

grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By grimreaper1980

hell yeah

Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#81  Edited By Shadow_Thief

Heck, I'll give anything with Darkseid in it a try; there's something to be said for monolithic evil forces.

00 Raiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By 00 Raiser

THERE IS A GOD CAUSE HE HAS JUST ANSWERED MY PRAYERS! I always wanted them to make the Batman/Superman The Return of Supergirl into a movie. Hopefully the movie lives up  the comic book series. Michael Turner, Jeff Loeb, and Peter Steigerwald are a amazing team and it blows that Turner is no longer with us.

04nbod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#83  Edited By 04nbod
    @Red Rum: I wish Supergirl was her recognisable self on the cover but it looks like DC's fear of the female runs ridiculously deep. I found the story to be packed with amazing women, who frankly steal the show. We should get Wonder Woman, Big Barda, Artemis and Harbinger in the cast along with Granny, Lashina, Stompa, Mad Harriet, Guillotina and Bernadeth.
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By goldenkey

The story was actually just okay.  It had a good idea but I think the ending was pretty damn weak.  What was the point the faking Supergirls death only to have her introduced to so many characters 2 pages later.  Like Darksied wasn't going come back and know Supergirl wasn't dead.  Like Superman was going to get so mad he beat the hell out of Darksied.  Just lame.  It was Turners incredible art that had all of us readers going (Holy shit how pretty).  He proved that Jim Lee should have drawn Batman with the LONG Ears not the short ones.  Man I hate that.  I don't think the dvd will be that good cuz with out that art it'll be watered down.  It's not like Turners could be animated that easily tho. 
    MemnochZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By MemnochZERO

Yaaaaaaay Supergirl! 

Also big fuckin YAY on the Green Arrow short.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.