Follow

Superman/Batman

Team » Superman/Batman appears in 1079 issues.

Superman and Batman, the two most recognizable characters in comic books, frequently team up to tackle threats that neither of them can handle on their own, each bringing their own special talents to the fore.

Comic Book Question of the Week: Thoughts on the Superman/Batman movie?

• 92 results
    k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

No, you're not dreaming. Batman and Superman will FINALLY share the big screen and hopefully it won't suck. At this year's San Diego Comic-Con, it was announced Zack Snyder will direct the project and he'll co-write the script with David S. Goyer. This duo was also behind Man of Steel, so for some, that's worth celebrating. For others... well, it's something that may make them want to flip a table. So, check out the poll below and cast your vote!

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!

No Caption Provided

Superman vs. Batman or Batman vs. Superman or Superman/Batman or Batman/Superman or World's Finest or whatever is planned to hit theaters summer 2015. Voting will remain open until Thursday and an updated feature with the results and more will hit the homepage shortly after.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Mucklefluga

I love how these 2 characters coming together in one film has made me at least 10x more excited then when it was announced all the Avengers were coming together.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

I'm gonna see it regardless, and I don't care about it at all.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 the_stegman  Moderator

I love how these 2 characters coming together in one film has made me at least 10x more excited then when it was announced all the Avengers were coming together.

Yeah...me too, I mean Batman and Superman are hands down the most popular heroes to ever come from comics, them meeting on the big screen is something audiences have been waiting decades to see

And now..it's almost here...

No Caption Provided

mcbean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I hope they get the right actor for batman and the right villain for the movie

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

Do we really need more Batman and Superman movies?

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who wouldn't be excited. I just hope Goyer steps up his game.

SkyRobo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SkyRobo1

It is exciting to see batman finally sharing the big screen with superman but it all depends on how they make the film. With 2 of the biggest icons in DC comics it could potentially be bad.

So they'll probably need to reveal more news before I'm sold with the idea.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@mcbean said:

I hope they get the right actor for batman and the right villain for the movie

I'm betting on the villain being Lex since there were a lot of easter eggs of him in MOS.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excited! How could you not be!? I mean its the two greatest superheroes sharing the big screen!

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

EXCITED!!!

johnnyblaze321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely not excited

Iron_Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm likely to end up seeing it regardless.
    I'm just less than thrilled by the fact that Zack Snyder is on directorial duty.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OutlawRenegade

My problem is that it's Warner just doing Superman and Batman--again. I mean goddammit. Warner is a two trick poney. It's not that hard to make other heroes work. Look at Marvel--they are turning C-List and B-List characters into extremely profitable blockbusters left and right. Meanwhile, Warner is throwing everything they're worried about onto TV. They are really losing this IP war because in a few years almost all their characters will seem redundant. Marvel has been successful because they take smart, calculated risks. Warner's investors are bunch of cowards and the people who run their films don't know **** about their characters.

How about instead of hiring Geoff Johns as a consultant, you get people who have translated these characters on screen successfully before--like Bruce Timm and Paul Dini.

On paper, it's so easy, which makes it even more frustrating that Warner doesn't get it. And now they are just falling back into their same old habits--those Batman and Superman habits--that put them in this position in the first place. This is why they are losing to Marvel in the IP war! -_-

Honestly, they don't deserve these characters. They should have had Justice League out years before Marvel made the Avengers. But they are still just twiddling their thumbs.

And don't even get me started on how mediocre Goyer's writing is. The Nolans really carried him.

I'm done.

tuckboarder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tuckboarder

With Goyer, and Snyder writing it, it's not going to suck too bad, especially because Goyer wrote a lot of the Dark Knight with Nolan's brother. The big thing is who is going to play batman honestly, I don't know if I can handle Christian Bale's growl, so a new one wouldn't be a bad thing, I just don't know who to pick.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fables87 said:

This.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

It better not be called some version of Batman VS Superman, this aint Godzilla and Kaiju cinema. Just call it Worlds Finest and have it be the team up film people have always wanted. It's not like Bruce Timm and Co. didn't already do a damn good Batman Superman team up in Superman:TAS.

I don't trust David Goyer to get over his epic tendencies. The dude is good for comics history and story outlines and kinda the dialog but man he just isn't that good.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Yes I'm excited. Foyer wrote man of steel and batman begins my second and third favorite movies.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By IDontLikeBirds

Honestly, not excited about it at all, and probably won't catch it until it's a rental. Man of Steel left me a bit disappointed and I didn't like The Dark Knight Rises at all. As someone said earlier, do some movies about other heroes, or at the least have a small cameo in this one of someone else. I'd check it out if there was a small Aquaman, Flash or Wonder Woman cameo (don't explain them, or make an easter egg, just toss them in). They could make a quick cameo and have it be a WTF moment like that of everyone who saw Thanos at the end of Avengers (but don't make the cameo at the end, treat it casually and explain in a stand alone movie).

Personally I don't care for most of DC's most recent movies unless they're animated.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
    Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the two will come to blows for a good fight but stop after coming to something of a stalemate when the actual threat shows itself, which I'm betting will be Luthor and Ivy who plan to bring Faora and co back from the phantom zone for Ivy to mind control, and the crisis ends with Colonel Hardy emerging from the portal and screws up their evil plans.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me...

I really disliked Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel, and have lost all faith in the whole "Nolanverse." Maybe with a completely new creative team behind it I'd be excited, but not for this, especially with the quote that inspired it.

Grand_Supremor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super excited. I think it show no bias, and should be called World's Finest

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
    Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@fables87 said:

This.

Yeah ... no. Definitely not this ^

You both miss the point. They are BOTH on the big screen together. For the FIRST time. That is awesome. And this is totally new. Changes the dynamic, and cinematic experience altogether. If you don't get that, then you're obviously not really big fans of either. And that's cool. Plenty of other parades for you to go enjoy that do float your collective boats. No need to rain on this one.

For me, I'm experiencing the same level of excitement as the prospect of seeing Thor and Hulk on the big screen together in the pages of the Avengers gave me.

Looking forward to this ...

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me...

I really disliked Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel, and have lost all faith in the whole "Nolanverse." Maybe with a completely new creative team behind it I'd be excited, but not for this, especially with the quote that inspired it.

Did you at least like Batman Begins? If not, then, wow ... just 'wow'. Not knocking you as we're all entitled to personal taste. I thought Man of Steel was superb myself. A few sketchy areas, not perfect, but definitely not a let down.

Croi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People need to stop complaining. Fair enough, everyone has a right to, but it's too late, this stuff is already happenin'. TS.
    All I'm curious about is if that's the final design for Batman's symbol (it looks terrible) and who Batman will be. Really excited for it, and I'm glad that Batman's comin' back into it so soon because things are finally moving forward.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
    Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So anyone want to comment on my prediction?

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

@outlawrenegade said:

@fables87 said:

This.

You both miss the point. They are BOTH on the big screen together. For the FIRST time. That is awesome. And this is totally new. Changes the dynamic, and cinematic experience altogether. If you don't get that, then you're obviously not really big fans of either. And that's cool. Plenty of other parades for you to go enjoy that do float your collective boats. No need to rain on this one.

For me, I'm experiencing the same level of excitement as the prospect of seeing Thor and Hulk on the big screen together in the pages of the Avengers gave me.

I rather see a Justice League though that will feature other heroes never seen on the big screen like Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, a better Green Lanturn, Martian Manhunter, and possibly Cyborg and Shazam. I get that seeing Superman and Batman is a big deal on screen. Just I feel like almost every movie DC makes has to feature Batman and Superman to sell. Lets get some other heroes on screen first.

Mild_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mild_Karl

I'm cool with it. This is actually a pretty smart idea. You'll buck some of the negative reception that comes with a MoS2 (considering the somewhat divisive opinions) and you'll be able to create an event film on par with Avengers (as Batman/Superman is the biggest/most recognizable team up DC can make). If WB/DC wants to, they can tease Justice League characters in the film as well. It's a win-win for Warner Bros.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fables87 said:

@super_soldierxii said:

@outlawrenegade said:

@fables87 said:

This.

I rather see a Justice League though that will feature other heroes never seen on the big screen like Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, a better Green Lanturn, Martian Manhunter, and possibly Cyborg and Shazam. I get that seeing Superman and Batman is a big deal on screen. Just I feel like almost every movie DC makes has to feature Batman and Superman to sell. Lets get some other heroes on screen first.

Yeah ... but for me, the fact they're both on the big screen together means the potential for a full on JLA movie is finally starting to become reality. That's why it's encouraging and not to be overlooked. It's a huge step in the right direction.

Nahuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Nahuel

I had an anxiety attack when I first heard about this movie coming, so... yep, I'm pretty excited!!

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AlKusanagi

@super_soldierxii: I didn't hate Begins, but I had issues with it. I liked Dark Knight, though.

I mean, he's "The World's Greatest Detective." "The Dark Knight Detective." Yet in the movies, he's little more than a thug in a bat suit. Dark Knight made him more intelligent, but in Begins he just punches things while Lucius does all the mental lifting. I really want a Batman that can win with his mind, not just his fists. Same with Superman.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@super_soldierxii: I didn't hate Begins, but I had issues with it. I liked Dark Knight, though.

I mean, he's "The World's Greatest Detective." "The Dark Knight Detective." Yet in the movies, he's little more than a thug in a bat suit. Dark Knight made him more intelligent, but in Begins he just punches things while Lucius does all the mental lifting. I really want a Batman that can win with his mind, not just his fists. Same with Superman.

I didn't see him that way to the same degree. Bruce in Nolan's world was subtle and not in your face with his 'cleverness'. But he outplayed everyone all the same. The way he retook Wayne enterprises to lend an example. I wasn't a huge fan of the Dark Knight Returns myself, but for differing reasons.

I see now, at least in part, why you didn't like the movies. It's not because they weren't good or well done, it's because they didn't inflate the capabilities of your heroes, or paint them as "omnipotent" as you might want them to be portrayed ...on an intellectual level or other.

I don't share the same need to see an intellectual flawless Batman and/or Superman myself. But yeah, Nolan definitely "humanizes" our heroes. And I think that's a good thing. Makes them far more accessible.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

Its about time if u ask anyone including myself plus this will serve as a great precursor to the Justice League film. Its Superman's stamina to influence and motivate that brings the team together and its Batman's resources that makes the Justice League a force that no villain will want to reckon with. I just hope Lex Luthor who is already confirmed for the movie will be teaming up with the Joker.

The only question is who will step up to the plate for three title roles. In my opinion, I think its time to resurrect Billy Zane's career and cast him as Lex Luthor. He could pull it off without breaking a sweat plus he plays suave and evil pretty well. As for Batman, some suggested Armie Hammer to play the Dark Knight and after watching the Lone Ranger (which wasn't that bad despite what critics or movie goers have said), I think he might be able to pull it off without having to use the whole deep voice thing like Bale.

Sorry to say, Bale said he wouldn't return as Batman unless Nolan was directing Superman vs Batman. All the same that's fine by me. Nolan can go his way and DC can its own way. Now the Joker, everyone keeps saying no one can match Ledger's performance. I'm sorry but if u watch the Dark Knight or the 1989 Batman long enough, anyone can play Joker and make it look genuine. As for who could play Joker, I think Tom Hiddleston aka Loki or Robert Downey Jr. could pull it off. They just need to master a convincing laugh. Nicholson's and Mark Hamill's Joker laugh were by far the greatest. What do u think?

As a side note, I really hope they ditch the Enchanted chick as Lois Lane and get somebody else. U need someone sexy and tenacious to play Lois. There are plenty of choices.

Avatar image for shallbecomeabattoo
    Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love it, especially if they keep the serious tone of MoS/TDK trilogy and don't listen to the vocal minority who is against it. I LOVED MoS, wanted a sequel right away, and now I get one featuring Batman, who is my favorite characters (Supes is on second place)!?!?!? When I heard that, I nearly passed out.

For me its such a great geek moment in time, that we are finally getting this! I am as excited as back when I heard that they gave Nolan the keys to the Batman franchise. So, yeah, I couldn't be happier. This was my "Star Wars gets a new trilogy announcement"! I also have a huge amount of trust in Snyder, since loved almost all his movies (Sucker Punch isn't great, but it looks verrrrry cool!) and really never understood where his bad rep came from. He is a very talented guy, with the right script.

Can't wait to hear about casting news!

Can't wait to get the first ideas about the story/villains!

Can't wait to see the first pictures from the shoot!

Oh man, I love this!

TekTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I hope this isn't a verses movie... :(

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

Dumb...or wonderful who knows.

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#37  Edited By fACEmelter88

Whether it is or not they'll fight at least once.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#38  Edited By SaintWildcard
    Loading Video...

I like Superman's titles.

TekTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@tektheninja said:

Whether it is or not they'll fight at least once.

thats my problem. :|

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MrShway88

God I hope it isn't a "Vs" film. I pray it's a World's Finest instead.

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
    manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so looking forward to this! I much prefer Batman vs. Superman to Man of Steel 2 or a new Batman 1. I like what DC is doing with their movies as opposed to doing what Mavel is. Not every character needs a stand-alone franchise, it's okay to mix it up.

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anybody who has a problem with this has to sit back a think if they really enjoy comic book movies. you can't get much better news than this

ScottyHawkeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 122

i want a team up or if they were to fight it would be like this

Loading Video...

ScottyHawkeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 122

@ravenvice01: i'd say Karl Urban should play Bats and Patrick Stewart or Bruce Willis should be LL and i say the Joker has he enough screening for now i say David Tennent as the Riddler or Leonardo DiCaprio as Black Mask

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45  Edited By HexThis

I'm not too excited, I don't buy hype. There's a difference between promotion and hype. Promotion is when someone cleverly insinuates a movie into the collective consciousness of the general public and generates excitement. Hype is when someone writes a check with their mouth and hopes their ass can catch it. This is just hype.

I think we should keep studios on their toes by being a bit harder to please, they already think we're complete dumbasses so we should emphasize we have standards and expectations. Batman and Superman are so big that this either gets handled carefully or not at all. I don't know if I trust the studios and investors won't completely ruin something as overtly lucrative as Batman and Superman. I think a project like that attracts all kinds of users and I don't like that one bit. The CGI in Superman was out of control, to me that's a ringing indication someone just felt like throwing money at Superman with no concern about quality (which the CGI directly interfered with). I hate that.

I also feel as though superheroes are beginning to look very replaceable which is making me pretty uncomfortable. As soon as people start to accept a different actor playing the same role, there's a huge threat of cheapening the character. Sean Connery was a good Bond, George Lazenby came in and made an awesome movie but sucked as a lead so Connery came back and screwed himself over. Then there was the indulgent, goofy period of Roger Moore...just embarrassing to re-watch.

Christian Bale just barely left the role and they couldn't hardly wait a year to replace him? That's weird. And I don't care what anybody says, even if you somehow don't like the Nolanverse for lack of gadgets or sidekicks or whatever (barf), they innovated superhero movies and actually managed to market them as MOVIES not just movies flimsily based on comicbooks like what Marvel was doing. To just be like "See ya later, Christian! NOW, EVERYONE! IT'LL BE LIKE AMERICAN IDOL- WHO. IS. THE. NEXT. BATMAN????" - that's just silly.

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super-excited. :) Gosh, some of you guys are nit-pickers, huh? Well, I'm glad I'm not one of them. I get excited too easily.

Bring it on, Superman/Batman!

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#47  Edited By dernman

They should have waited until after MoS 2.

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Honestly anyone who is ALREADY talking trash about this movie needs to get a hold on themselves. We know NOTHING good or bad.

Artoreus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It all depends on how they wright the movie, who they have play Batman (how they wright him too, with Sups power levels in Man of Steel they are going to have to wright it in a way that makes Batman relevant), and who the villain is(Maybe something like what they did with Superman and Batman wanted by the government when Lex Luther was president or some kind of cosmic threat idk). It looks pretty interesting though. All we can do is wait, see, and pray for the best.

Avatar image for jaydarocknrolla
    Jaydarocknrolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think the damage done in mos causes batman to come up with plans to take superman out if need be. I'm underwhelmmed by the announcement but I'll see it. I think we're all begining to feel comicbook movie fatigue.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.