Follow

Superman/Batman

Team » Superman/Batman appears in 1080 issues.

Superman and Batman, the two most recognizable characters in comic books, frequently team up to tackle threats that neither of them can handle on their own, each bringing their own special talents to the fore.

Comic Book Question of the Week Results: Thoughts on the Superman/Batman Movie?

• 94 results
    Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@jayc1324 said:

No reason to just insert Wonder Woman in everywhere. You are just complaining. Face it, she is not as popular as batman and superman. I would prefer her to have her own movie than in this one, let superman and batman do their thing. And not all dc hero movies need to stop because they didnt do a Wonder Woman one. She really doesn't even need one. Now I expect people to yell at me but everything I said is true, she's not as popular and doesn't need to be in this movie, there's no reason for her too. It's not the comics.

The exact same thing could be said for characters like Thor or Captain America, but they got solo films, right?

Mia26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I swear if Batman and Superman fighting is going to portray them as equals I'm gonna be so pissed. And consulting with Frank Miller, Christ he's the biggest Batman fan ever.

Yeah pretty much except Frank Miller isn't a Batman fan(there are plenty of Batman fans who aren't delusional about Superman vs Batman), Frank Miller is a Batman fanboy with little to no respect for other characters in the DC universe ........

mark15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The big Werewolf guy from True Blood should be Batman

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: Cap and Thor are irrelevant to WW. DC is not Marvel. And its not like those movie were great or blockbusters.. But like i said, i would rather her have her own movie than be forced into a movie with the two biggest superheroes ever

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

I have strong, strong reservations about how it can be told in an accessible/entertaining manner. Profitable? Sure - but the former two? I'm truly skeptical. Again, I agree that a WW or a better nod to GL could have accomplished all three more readily.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: Cap and Thor are irrelevant to WW. DC is not Marvel. And its not like those movie were great or blockbusters.. But like i said, i would rather her have her own movie than be forced into a movie with the two biggest superheroes ever

I was responding to the part that says she doesn't need her own movie. I think she does. If she had a presence in pop culture anyway and then had a well written movie, I think her movie could bring in more money than Thor or Cap.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: Maybe if it was done well, it could. But it would probably be very hard since the general public isn't really into her, and prefer more bad@ss heroes. And they are used to male heroes, but it could possibly work.

Not as well as bats an supes though

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@jayc1324: You're telling me that WW isn't badass?

But yeah, she wouldn't gross as much as Supes and Bats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: Ha nice pic. Well she CAN be badass, but not as much as superman and batman. Unless they make her that way on screen which would be interesting to see

slimchin23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

i just wanna see them fight like in the dark knight returns.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I think Eric Bana would make a good Batman. Just a stab in the dark. I think it can be good if executed right. The hardest part will be having the audience believe Superman actually needs Batman for this, without making Superman a flying brick. It's all about the writing, hopefully they don't half-ass it.

DeVianThaI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By DeVianThaI
    Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

No Caption Provided

Look, Wonder Woman is awesome, there's no denying, but we can worry about a trinity movie after Justice League. There is no superhero team-up as epic as Superman and Batman. The man of steel and the dark knight. The world's finest.

The problem is that most people will just see this as "Batman with Superman tagging along" because big blue is just so unappreciated. I blame Bryan Singer.

Long story short, if done right, this could be a movie of Avengers-level epicness. That and, due to Iron Man 3 and certain detail confirmed about Avengers 2, I currently have more faith in DC than Marvel as far as movies go.

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to this.

I swear if Batman and Superman fighting is going to portray them as equals I'm gonna be so pissed.

I'd actually be pissed if they weren't equals. Batman's red sunlight-generating gauntlets and kryptonite batarangs (and maybe a Bat-Bot armor) against Superman's, well, being Superman.

Tradewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Tradewind

@artisticneedham: That is possibly the best, if not the only good outcome of this movie as of now.

Timotheus316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Timotheus316

I heard Armie Hammer's name being bandied about for Batman. The Long Ranger guy. I think he'd work out just fine.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@tradewind: I agree. The best, until we hear more news. I think this movie could raise the Batman character up, to be more like his comic counterpart, than downplaying Superman to the more human Bale Batman level.

PabloGdeAnda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should get the brightest ideas from this comments, and march to DC headquarters with them.
    Just pound on the door as comicbook real fans and demand to be heard.
    What I liked most about these comments:
    1) Eric Bana as a more seasoned Batman.
    2) Billy Zane as Lex, that's good thinking right there.
    3) Yeah WW is badass, but I think it's better if she gets her solo movie first, and dont even think about a trinity movie for some time. (Also yeah, Bat and Supes are the ultimate team up)
    4) The fact that Batman and Superman are viewed as equals doesn't rely only on Batman's fighting, planning and whatevering skills, but also on the great respect that Clark has for him, and viceversa.
    In the comics they treat each other with respect, while acknowledging all the things that makes them different.
    Quoting Batman from Hush: "Deep down.. Clark's essentially a good person, and deep down.. I'm not"

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By bloggerboy

@bloggerboy said:

@rick_grayson said:

@thundergodswrath said:

Why would Wonder Woman be in it?

People will need something to complain about if this is actually good movie, why not the absence of a character that was never meant to be there in the first place?

Kinda like Batman being in a Superman sequel. Oh wait....

Or, you know, the exact opposite...

People will be pissed that Superman is in a Superman sequel instead of just Batman?

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: She isn't inserted in anywhere. That's the problem. The NBC pilot failed, the CW Amazon is on hold in favor of the Flash.

The fact Wonder Woman is not as popular is exactly the reason she needs to be in a movie with Superman and Batman. She will get the boost and hopefully good writing and acceptance so people would give a damn about seeing a solo movie to begin with.

Plus the argument about popularity is redundant when WB is trying to aim at a Justice League movie. It's goal is to make lesser known heroes popular.

Wonder Woman is an awesome character, her origin and mythos will give a good counterpoint to Superman's and Batman's. Plus it would make the movie less of a sausage fest. MoS had Faora and she was a standout villain and a character in a sea of dull female characters.

Ama_Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am excited for this, and I totally called that they'd do this before the JL movie. I'm sure it will be good either way, but a great movie will only happen if they cast somebody who stands up to Cavill when in character. My vote is for Jensen Ackles, but that's just me... I genuinely want to see the differences in brooding/positive personas played out between the two. But to be fair, it won't sit well with me if he seems "on par" in a fist fight with Superman. It'd be better played if they stress his intellectual/technological skill in contrast to Clark's brute strength.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just think its interesting, but way too early. I would have like to see a Wonder Woman and Flash film being top priority. I´m getting bored of these two. They are starting to seem like a gay couple. No offense to gay people, but their bromance, with it twists and turns, lovers tiffs but mutual respect is starting to make me want to vomit. The New 52 romance shouldn´t be WW superman, the way Batman and Supes are being written as this eternal lingering question, like all of us care so much about them.

Fact and it might be hard to swollow, but unless you´re a COMPLETE MORON, we know Superman would kick the crap out of Batman. As would Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman or most of the Justice League. There is no big question in this, he looses, no matter how cool he is. Did you see what Zod and Supes did to Metropolis; you think Batman can be in the middle of that, come on guys. Movie premise is idiotic. Only way it works is depowering superman, nothing else. Bats doesn´t even have Kryptonite to help, he´s fucked.

TekTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jphulk26 said:

I would have like to see a Wonder Woman and Flash film being top priority. I´m getting bored of these two.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bloggerboy: You make some valid points but still she doesn't need to be in this movie.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By jphulk26

@amazingwebhead:

@amazingwebhead said:
    No Caption Provided

Look, Wonder Woman is awesome, there's no denying, but we can worry about a trinity movie after Justice League. There is no superhero team-up as epic as Superman and Batman. The man of steel and the dark knight. The world's finest.

The problem is that most people will just see this as "Batman with Superman tagging along" because big blue is just so unappreciated. I blame Bryan Singer.

Long story short, if done right, this could be a movie of Avengers-level epicness. That and, due to Iron Man 3 and certain detail confirmed about Avengers 2, I currently have more faith in DC than Marvel as far as movies go.

@superkryptonian said:

I swear if Batman and Superman fighting is going to portray them as equals I'm gonna be so pissed.

I'd actually be pissed if they weren't equals. Batman's red sunlight-generating gauntlets and kryptonite batarangs (and maybe a Bat-Bot armor) against Superman's, well, being Superman.

"There is no superhero team-up as epic as Superman and Batman."

Can I just ask, why you say that as matter of fact. I don´t think Batman and Superman are in the slightest the best teamup ever. Its just DC propeganda. A superman Vs Batman film is retarded. How will Batman do anything against him that will be visually compelling. Whats it going to be Batman hiding from superman in the shadows, while superman destroys whole cities. How else is he gonna face him. I think for instance if it were built up, I´d be more excited about Flash Wonder Woman or Spiderman/Hulk. Fact is Man Of Steel pretty much was awful and now the same team is bringing me Batman Vs Superman. I´m not even in the slightest excited for this movie. I would have rather a stand alone supes, introducing Braniac and Lex. But we all know that would have bombed, because of how ridiculously over the top Man Of Steel was. Just an extended trailer, which by the way is exactly what Batman Superman is going to be. Just wait for the trailer, trust me watch it and you will have seen the most epic bits.

Also how in the hell is this going to be based on Frank Millars Dark Knight Returns, Superman just got began his career and I assume, Batman is going to be young. How does that even make sense. Awful idea DC/WB, just plain stupid. Stop being wusses and get on with a Flash/ Wonder Woman movie, with new writers please, not hacks either.

Avatar image for bizzybcomics1127
    BizzyBComics1127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By BizzyBComics1127

This movie needs to take place with some type of lex Luther slash joker slash metalo slash braniac slash scare crow slash mr. Freeze slash penguin alliance for 4 hours of brutall fighting with flashbacks of how it came to that point

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By HAWK2916

maybe the villian will be darkseid. I cant see how this will work but i'll give it a shot. on a side note: i love this because that means marvel might feel the heat and go ahead and step up and do a better xmen movie and maybe they wont f*** around with avengers 2

akintoussaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: Not the best team up? There the two greatest and most popular heroes of our time.Look that the reaction this movies getting.While ill agree that WW need a movie.Saying this isn't a epic team up is just plain wrong.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akintoussaint:

@jphulk26: Not the best team up? There the two greatest and most popular heroes of our time.Look that the reaction this movies getting.While ill agree that WW need a movie.Saying this isn't a epic team up is just plain wrong.

Its an epic team up sure, but I´d be as excited if Marvel did a team up between wolverine and spiderman or Hulk and Wolverine. Remember this they are the two heroes DC have promoted the most, that does not mean they are the greatest. They are popular because DC promotes them as such. Not one DC character apart from them has even had more than one movie. Just like now they are trying to make Green Lantern on the same level as Wonder Woman, because Geoff has a hardon for him. The fact is nearly any other superhero teamup makes more sense, because at least it would be equal, Batman can´t really do anything to superman. He can´t help superman or fight him. Its just some stupid relationship DC has created between them, like you could strategise against a being of Supermans level. I´ll tell you what go away and try and strategise how to defeat God. Thats what superman vs batman is like, its plain stupid. WW vs superman would be more interesting, or a trinity movie even, where atleast superman would have someone on his level. Honestly please tell me how Batman is the greatest superhero, really? how is he greater than others apart from popularity created by movies, cartoons etc etc. Any superhero who has a great story is great full stop. Most of the superheroes in the JL have really cool stories, for me if Martian Manhunter was fleshed out, or Wonder Woman and Flash got movies (that were really good), they would probably be propelled to rockstar superstardom like Batman and superman. Years from now Iron Man if he keeps going the same way he does will be on Batmans level, maybe even surpass superman. Popularity is fickkle my friend.

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am definitely looking foward to this movie. And i can definitely see Bana as Batman :)

Dynisty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see Jim Caviezel as Batman. I found this interesting... goo.gl/fb/QGhEo

Dakrfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dakrfuse: Now, but not before MCU. Hulk, Spidey and the X-men were way above him.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@emperorjosh: I really like your number 3. Then, it could satisfy your number 1.

That is, make the Superman/Batman movie into Superman/Batman Apocalypse so that Wonder Woman will be in it anyways.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Exactly as I figured it would be. I'm psyched for a Supes/Bats film either way really!

EmperorJosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hart7668: its no gaurentee that Hollywood would follow that story though and include her. You know how they like to butcher everything... I mean look at the Silver Samurai lol

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@jphulk26 said:

@amazingwebhead:

@amazingwebhead said:
    No Caption Provided

@superkryptonian said:

"There is no superhero team-up as epic as Superman and Batman."

Can I just ask, why you say that as matter of fact. I don´t think Batman and Superman are in the slightest the best teamup ever. Its just DC propeganda. A superman Vs Batman film is retarded. How will Batman do anything against him that will be visually compelling. Whats it going to be Batman hiding from superman in the shadows, while superman destroys whole cities. How else is he gonna face him. I think for instance if it were built up, I´d be more excited about Flash Wonder Woman or Spiderman/Hulk. Fact is Man Of Steel pretty much was awful and now the same team is bringing me Batman Vs Superman. I´m not even in the slightest excited for this movie. I would have rather a stand alone supes, introducing Braniac and Lex. But we all know that would have bombed, because of how ridiculously over the top Man Of Steel was. Just an extended trailer, which by the way is exactly what Batman Superman is going to be. Just wait for the trailer, trust me watch it and you will have seen the most epic bits.

Also how in the hell is this going to be based on Frank Millars Dark Knight Returns, Superman just got began his career and I assume, Batman is going to be young. How does that even make sense. Awful idea DC/WB, just plain stupid. Stop being wusses and get on with a Flash/ Wonder Woman movie, with new writers please, not hacks either.

Well, for starters, Superman and Batman are two sides of the same coin. Both heroes, but vastly contrast each other. It adds character. Second, he would do what Batman does: set traps all over the battleground, bring in a tank or two. Third, I think they were just quoting TDKR because it also had a BvS fight, and they just wanted a cool line to set it up.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's way too early to tell.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool said:

@thundergodswrath said:

LOL

Lol, really why would she?

Idk, we'll see if they find a legitimate reason to put her in the movie. It was just funny to see someone asking that question before the WW casting news.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath said:

@silverpool said:

@thundergodswrath said:

LOL

Lol, really why would she?

Idk, we'll see if they find a legitimate reason to put her in the movie. It was just funny to see someone asking that question before the WW casting news.

Lol, oh.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.