Follow

Superman/Batman

Team » Superman/Batman appears in 1078 issues.

Superman and Batman, the two most recognizable characters in comic books, frequently team up to tackle threats that neither of them can handle on their own, each bringing their own special talents to the fore.

Comic Book Question of the Week Results: Thoughts on the Superman/Batman Movie?

• 94 results
    k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

DC's two most iconic characters will finally share the big screen in the summer of 2015. We know Zack Snyder is directing and we also know he's co-writing with David S. Goyer, but aside from that, pretty much everything else is pure speculation. But since when has a lack of information ever stopped us from being passionate about something, right? We here at Comic Vine had mixed opinions on Man of Steel, so having the same creative team onboard for this one naturally means our opinions will be mixed yet again. But who cares what we think,? We wanted to find out how YOU feel about this upcoming film. Well, it turns out most of you -- 40% -- are pretty stoked about Batman and Superman being in the same movie.

No Caption Provided

I'm right there with you in being enthusiastic. I loved Man of Steel and the chance to finally see these two in the same film is beyond thrilling. Naturally, only time will tell how the film actually turns out, but for now, I'm in agreement with the majority and can't wait to hear more news as it's released over the next two years. It's going to be a loooong wait, but hopefully DC and Warner Bros. will do a terrific job marketing it and hit us with plenty of viral goodies. So, 40% of CV is very excited, but what about the rest? Check out the poll below!

• I'm very excited: 40%
    • It's way too early to tell: 22%
    • I'll probably like it... but only if Superman isn't downplayed to make Batman look better: 16%
    • So... where's Wonder Woman? 10%
    • I'm not looking forward to it: 6%
    • I'll probably like it... but only if Batman humiliates Superman:5%

So, which option did you vote for and why? Also, who else thinks Lex Luthor will be the villain in this? I know some feel he's overused and would rather see someone like Brainiac, but there's simply no denying all of the easter eggs in Man of Steel. Lastly, who do you want to see in the cowl?

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By New_World_Order

Why would Wonder Woman be in it?

2099Rebirth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't want to see it

Rick_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People will need something to complain about if this is actually good movie, why not the absence of a character that was never meant to be there in the first place?

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think it will b good its hard too be sure without knowing who batman is

jacobsben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard joel schmaulder will direct it

sage1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sage1000

probably cause people want a Trinity movie as opposed to a versus movie.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@thundergodswrath said:

People will need something to complain about if this is actually good movie, why not the absence of a character that was never meant to be there in the first place?

Rather; why bother making this movie when they 'cant figure out' how to make a WW movie?

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@thundergodswrath said:

That's not what it means. The option is saying that people want a WW movie before this.

Rick_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rick_Grayson

@outside_85: Because evidently they feel they've figured out how to make this movie. Or every other movie should cease until they figure out WW?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I want a mos 2 first

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MuyJingo

For me, it all depends on how they handle Batman and his interactions with Superman.

As for who I want to see in the cowl?

If an older Batman, Eric Bana. For a younger Batman, Joe Manganiello

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    EmperorJosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 Things:

1. Wonder Woman should be in it. There's no good reason why she's not in it. You could easily make the Superman/Batman movie into the Trinity movie.

2. The Director really should be Snyder.

3. If it is just Superman and Batman, I think they should explore the Supergirl origin story done by Jeph Loeb and Michael Turner.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I am concerned how they will handle the actions scenes between these two. live action Batman isn't anywhere near as agile or dynamic as the comics or even animation, to me he doesn't translate very well action wise. he is always about the toys and being spooky and brooding.

And superman is so over the top you can't really contain him to one location, he is in Argentina one second then flying to the moon the next.

So I feel they will have to down play Superman just so he doesn't over shadow Batman. Mind Control, kryptonite poisoning or some kind of nonsense like that

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sasquatch888

I want a mos 2 first

it is going to be man of steel 2 just featuring batman

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm excited as hell.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@rick_grayson said:

@outside_85: Because evidently they feel they've figured out how to make this movie. Or every other movie should cease until they figure out WW?

Obvious cash cow is obvious.

Meanwhile some of use are waiting for WB to pull its head out of it's ass and stop pretending WW is more difficult than a superpowered alien or a nut in a batsuit.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By bloggerboy

Because Wonder Woman is awesome!

We already have Batman and Superman solo movies. Having them in the same movie is a big deal but they might as well establish the third corner of the DC universe.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@thundergodswrath said:

Kinda like Batman being in a Superman sequel. Oh wait....

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Rick_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rick_grayson said:

Meanwhile some of use are waiting for WB to pull its head out of it's ass and stop pretending WW is more difficult than a superpowered alien or a nut in a batsuit.

Obvious cash cow is obvious. But if we accidentally get a good Superman / Batman movie I don't care if they get all of the money.

Rick_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rick_Grayson

@rick_grayson said:

@thundergodswrath said:

Kinda like Batman being in a Superman sequel. Oh wait....

Or, you know, the exact opposite...

Avatar image for nightwing_beyond
    Nightwing_Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I'm really excited to see a Batman on the big screen that can stand side to side with Superman. I really want to see some grey in Batman's costume though.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

k4tz, who do you want to see in the cowl?

GeekOfKrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like where this is going! DC does not have to follow what Marvel is doing, it will be similar but not the same formula. A 3rd movie could introduce Wonder Woman and then a 4th Aquaman & GL and so forth.

The only thing is, it wouldn't be a true sequel to Man Of Steel...they run the risk of not properly developing Clark/Superman's character and also the other heroes they bring in.

I've been seeing a lot of negative stuff online by fanboys about Goyer. I tend to agree with some of them. I don;t wanna see the guy who did Ghost Rider and the last Blade write another Superman script.

I also don't wanna have Frank Miller muddy the waters too, because honestly, that Superman Batman fight in the Dark Knight Returns was ridiculous. No matter what kinda armor Batman is wearing he cannot last long or win against Superman unless it has Kryptonite in it.

Overall if done right, it should be classic and very entertaining to watch.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MuyJingo

Another thing, I really really wish Goyer and Snyder were not in charge of the whole DCU.

Let them have superman, why not let other writers and directors have a crack at other characters? The whole DCU does not have to be dictated by Goyer and Snyder....

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#26  Edited By Lvenger

I'm in the too early to tell but not wholly looking forward to it category. So basically a mix of two choices lol. Despite my two favourite characters meeting up on screen, I wanted Man of Steel to get his own sequel first along with some other DC films. That way, they could correct the flaws of the last film and improve upon the universe. But by jumping right into this film, this has a good chance of backfiring. Need I remind Superman fans of the news that Zack Snyder is reported to be meeting Frank Miller?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8cea74082a2
    deactivated-5a8cea74082a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am excited, but they have to do it right. Although I enjoyed Man Of Steel, I think it could've been improved upon. Zack Snyder doesn't have the best storytelling capabilities but his visuals are outstanding. Based on all the Easter eggs we got, it would certainly make sense to have Lex as the villain. He could also be used as a tool to bring in the Dark Knight. I can think of no actor that could play Lex other than Billy Zane. He would be perfect. They could bring in Lex by having him help to rebuild Metropolis (since it was mostly destroyed by Supes) and Bruce Wayne, being the philanthropist billionaire that he is, would help his sister city rebuild as well. That would cause Luthor and Wayne to work together causing tensions between Superman and Batman. That's how we could get the fight we've all been wanting. I think Thomas Jane could make a pretty good Bats. We've seen him be dark as Punisher and he could bring a more mature and experienced Batman to the table.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@thundergodswrath: I think it was meant when is Wonder Woman coming to the big screen. We have seen countless Batman and Superman movies. Hell even Green Lantern, Supergirl, Catwoman, Steel, Captain Marvel, Jonah Hex, Watchmen, Congo Bill, Blackhawks, and Spy Smasher were all on the big screen, but still no Wonder Woman. And since Wonder Woman is part of the DC Trinity comic fans and Wonder Woman fans are probably getting pissed.

Responding the article now: I think the villain will be Lex or Metallo. With Lex it could be something where he is more of a political adversary to superheroes since Superman's fight with General Zod. For Metallo, it could be something where Batman made his way to Metropolis because he thinks Metallo might have been his parents killer. I know both ideas have been done in the World's Finest comics so it would be a nice nod to the comics.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excited but worried. WB is pushing it? Snyder did ok for MoS. But the material he was handed, was not suitable for him I think.

And to have Batman? that's just confusing. DCU ain't Marvel. It's more serious and toned than the Marvel flicks so we can't have the whole random appearance of Batman. Seriously, do not listen to us comic book fans. We know nothing about great concepts in terms of film. DO NOT LISTEN TO US

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@lvenger: I have a really bad feeling about this...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw: About the film or Snyder meeting with Millar?

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need to save the money they're going to spend on this and instead make a series of epic high budget DC animated theatrical films instead. They've been doing pretty well with their direct to DVD animated films, but I wish they were a bit longer and had a little more of an animation budget.

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ThomasElliot

I like where this is going! DC does not have to follow what Marvel is doing, it will be similar but not the same formula. A 3rd movie could introduce Wonder Woman and then a 4th Aquaman & GL and so forth.

The only thing is, it wouldn't be a true sequel to Man Of Steel...they run the risk of not properly developing Clark/Superman's character and also the other heroes they bring in.

I've been seeing a lot of negative stuff online by fanboys about Goyer. I tend to agree with some of them. I don;t wanna see the guy who did Ghost Rider and the last Blade write another Superman script.

I also don't wanna have Frank Miller muddy the waters too, because honestly, that Superman Batman fight in the Dark Knight Returns was ridiculous. No matter what kinda armor Batman is wearing he cannot last long or win against Superman unless it has Kryptonite in it.

Overall if done right, it should be classic and very entertaining to watch.

The sequel thing is one of my concerns. They need a proper MoS sequel that shows more of Kal-El in Metropolis.

Goyer is hit and miss... but you picked the WORST Goyer-films to use as examples. Yeah, he's the guy that wrote the last GR film and the worst Blade movie (Blade 3)... but he's also the guy that wrote the best Blade films (1 & 2) and [arguably] the best Batman film trilogy to date. Uneven and questionable? Sure. But not a writer I'd discount right away.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ArtisticNeedham
    No Caption Provided

@k4tzm4n I liked the HISHE you posted a while ago, "Superman was not inspiring." That was funny.

No Caption Provided

I think that you are right when you said that the Batman they put in the film, if he is up against the Man of Steel Superman, will have to be a lot more dangerous than the Christian Bale Batman. And that got me thinking, if they have to boost him and he is a different Batman then maybe we will get a Batman more like the comics than we ever had in a film.

No Caption Provided

Maybe this Batman will be a super genius like in the comics, always a step ahead of Superman and always planning and making traps and figuring out contingencies. AND maybe he will be a more skilled, more dangerous, fighter in combat. Maybe he will have prep time and maybe he will be the most dangerous human like he was called in a comic once. This movie could lead to a new Batman franchise that makes Batman so much more like the comics it will blow our comic fan minds.

No Caption Provided

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@lvenger: Synder meeting with Miller. I'm just really becoming paranoid at this point. Lol

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I went for: Only if Batman doesn't overmake Superman. I'll probably still enjoy the film even if he does but I'd prefer if it makes them look like equals.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am amazed at the idiocy they have managed to pull of.

No Wonder Woman film? They said she was a top 3 priority, bleh, yeah right.

Just an excuse to stop Wonder Woman fans from complaining, even her CW series has been put on hold when The Flash gets his shot.

This movie should have Wonder Woman in it, the trinity is a better thought than these two.

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh.

Avatar image for superkryptonian
    superkryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear if Batman and Superman fighting is going to portray them as equals I'm gonna be so pissed. And consulting with Frank Miller, Christ he's the biggest Batman fan ever.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw: Same here. Millar is the last person needed on this film

@sandman_: You heard that Snyder's meeting with Millar? I am not impressed by that.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SandMan_

@lvenger: I was the one who told you. :P

Avatar image for therobberbarron
    TheRobberBarron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for therobberbarron
    TheRobberBarron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheRobberBarron

@superkryptonian: Why not...Put the kryptonite brass Knuckles on and a little Kryptonite in the utility belt and they can easily be equals.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

It's way too early to tell but I'm think it will do a good job since it's Batman and Superman.

Mia26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Mia26

@rick_grayson said:

Exactly ..... Marvel did Thor why the F*** can't they do Wonder Women, I would rather have a trinity movie then Superman vs Batman which seems like what it's going to be.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No reason to just insert Wonder Woman in everywhere. You are just complaining. Face it, she is not as popular as batman and superman. I would prefer her to have her own movie than in this one, let superman and batman do their thing. And not all dc hero movies need to stop because they didnt do a Wonder Woman one. She really doesn't even need one. Now I expect people to yell at me but everything I said is true, she's not as popular and doesn't need to be in this movie, there's no reason for her too. It's not the comics.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.