Batman & Superman Fight NY Cops For Real

Posted by G-Man (31619 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and Batman...Public Enemies?  The DVD may not be coming out until September 29, 2009 but it looks like the World's Finest were busy taking on New York's finest the other day.

As reported by the New York Post, in New York Times Square, tourists and office workers got to see a real superhero brawl.  Being dressed as a superhero doesn't give you a license to do as you please.  Perhaps this is a Superhero Registration Act in the making.

A man, Maksim Katsnelson, 23, from the Bronx, was arrested for assault and resisting arrest.  He's even accused of punching a female officer in the face.  That's not behavior typical of the Man of Steel.  Apparently Katsnelson was panhandling and the officers asked him for ID.  Of course superheroes don't normally carry any identification (except maybe their JLA membership card).  When he replied he didn't have ID, the officers continued to question him.  Witnesses claim this is when he punched the officer in the face.  This was also backed up by "Batman" himself.

Would Superman go quietly?  No.  According to witness Ryan McCormick:

The Man of Steel didn't go down with just two officers, it took seven officers!  He was putting up a good fight. Little kids were like, 'Mommy, it's Superman!'

Batman (Frank Frisoli) was soon released since he didn't cause any problems.

The reason the officers asked for ID in the first place is because you are required to have a license to perform in costume in public.  I guess New York isn't as accomodating to superheroes as it is in the comics.

And because Batman always manages to attract the female characters, he was later seen walking off with a female costumed character, the Statue of Liberty.
Staff
#1 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27084 posts) - - Show Bio

its always superman that causes all the issues...

#2 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

O_o

#3 Edited by johnny_spam (2035 posts) - - Show Bio

So the comics are true we really are Earth-Prime.

#4 Posted by NightFang (9959 posts) - - Show Bio
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#5 Posted by G-Man (31619 posts) - - Show Bio

It's kinda a bummer that Batman didn't have Superman's back.  He even told officers that Supes punched the lady officer in the face.

Staff
#6 Edited by Donovan Montgomery (5428 posts) - - Show Bio

Must have been the faulty kryptonite come back to haunt him :P
Bats always knows how to get out of traps XD
Poor kids, will they ever look at Superman the same?

#7 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Batman was the smart one again.  They let him go.  Now he's laughing at Superman saying how stooooooopid he is.   Stuperman

#8 Posted by mv (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

Again...only in America lol

#9 Posted by Tyler Starke (4410 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! I want to see video of this

#10 Posted by Dr. Maxwell (661 posts) - - Show Bio

Must have been under the influence of Black Kryptonite

#11 Edited by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually ran into these guys in Times Square and the cops showed up asking ME if I had tax identification. I pointed to my photographer and I said, I'm not with them, I'm with him. Guess these stoners finally got arrested. Good.

@G-Man said:

" The reason the officers asked for ID in the first place is because you are required to have a license to perform in costume in public. 

I don't think it is needing a license to dress as a Superhero, (I didn't get into trouble for my photoshoot)  it's needing a tax id to dress up and ask people to pay you to pose in photographs.
#12 Posted by MoonKnightFan123 (271 posts) - - Show Bio

WOA lol

#13 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
"I actually ran into these guys in Times Square and the cops showed up asking ME if I had tax identification. I pointed to my photographer and I said, I'm not with them, I'm with him. Guess these stoners finally got arrested. Good.

@G-Man said:
" The reason the officers asked for ID in the first place is because you are required to have a license to perform in costume in public. 
I don't think it is needing a license to dress as a Superhero, (I didn't get into trouble for my photoshoot)  it's needing a tax id to dress up and ask people to pay you to pose in photographs. "

Yea I saw these guys as well walking through Times Sq. Also saw Lady Liberty that's mentioned in this article,but I saw her at night with Harley Quinn. Got a good picture of them.
#14 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

At least they didn't rob a store like Spider-Man O_O

Spider-Gangsta

#15 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@MTS said:
" Again...only in America lol "
N'ah... Spider-Man & Batman used to cause trouble in the UK when campaigning with 
Fathers For Justice.

But they didn't punch anyone.
#16 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
"It's kinda a bummer that Batman didn't have Superman's back.  He even told officers that Supes punched the lady officer in the face. "

I do hope you are joking, G-Man.   "Batman" did the RIGHT thing.    That female officer in the picture looks hot.  Just sayin'. 

@Babs:  I would have loved to see your reaction when the officer asked you for your ID--you should have used your Golden Lasso on them, Babs!!
#17 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @MTS said:
" Again...only in America lol "
N'ah... Spider-Man & Batman used to cause trouble in the UK when campaigning with 
Fathers For Justice.

But they didn't punch anyone.
"
And in Japan that one fireman dressed up as Spidey when he saved some little boy.
#18 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL Wow seven officers to take down Sups XD

Batman was like "I don't know him" Shifty eyes :P

#19 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never seen anyone handcuffed to a lawnchair before.

#20 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

...he-he...he-he-ha-ha...he-he-HA-ha...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-HE-HE-HE-HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

#21 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

First drunk driving now this they need to do some thing about this "Superman" character, maybe we should take Lex Luthor up on his standing offer

#22 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Wicked, oh my sister is gonna love hearing this.

#23 Posted by MysterioMaximus (931 posts) - - Show Bio

Who says Superman's a boyscout?

#24 Posted by cadaver (143 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Mistress Redhead.:

LOL!
#25 Posted by Akwa (4821 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally, Batman does the good thing and distances himself from Superman. I have been waiting for this day for a long time.

#26 Posted by Harlekin (680 posts) - - Show Bio

If Batman had time to prepare he could take all 7 cops.

#27 Posted by Goki (457 posts) - - Show Bio

Tht is freaking glorious, i hope someone taped it an youtubes it

#28 Posted by burr787 (2504 posts) - - Show Bio

That female cop looks pissed.XD 
But she kind of looks familiar....

hmm...

#29 Posted by Twiglight (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha thats awesome

#30 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

7 cops, impressive...

#31 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

The Lady Cop looks hot. 

Staff
#32 Posted by G-Man (31619 posts) - - Show Bio
@Media_Master said:
" 7 cops, impressive... "
It's the Man Of Steel.
Staff
#33 Posted by crazywolf (653 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL Life is stranger than fiction. Kiss concrete blue boy!

#34 Edited by War Killer (20102 posts) - - Show Bio

Darn punks giving Super-Heroes a bad name

#35 Posted by lonefang6x6 (422 posts) - - Show Bio
poor superman
#36 Posted by Sick_j0k3 (209 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red L.A.M.P. said:
" The Lady Cop looks hot.  "
THANK YOU! Glad someone finally mentioned it. 

The chicks bangin.  
#37 Posted by MrDirector786 (43486 posts) - - Show Bio

hahahahahahahahahah XD

#38 Posted by The Psyentist (16583 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still laughing at the part where the female cop gets punched in the face...hahaha...in the freaking face!

#39 Posted by YONY (29 posts) - - Show Bio

obviously these guys havnt read kick-ass u dress up as a hero in real life u get your ass kicked.

#40 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio

ROFL.  Loved how Batman didn't do anything and let Superman take all the blame.

Seriously though, Supes punching the female officer was completely stupid. 

Less seriously.  7 cops to take down Supes?  Must have been the victim of another Crisis or some serious kryptonite in the cuffs:)

Much less seriously. I can picture Babs being asked for ID, LOL!

#41 Posted by EscoBlades (75 posts) - - Show Bio
@johnny spam said:
" So the comics are true we really are Earth-Prime. "
LMAO!!
#42 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (1975 posts) - - Show Bio

What were they thinking taking down the cops. If it took 7 cops to take down supes, then you will need the whole NYC police to take both in. Should have brought some Cop repellent! LOL 

#43 Posted by grimreaper1980 (619 posts) - - Show Bio

you super heroes think your above the law, but your not above mine, lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.