Apocalypse Storyboards

Posted by *Girl of Steel* (151 posts) - - Show Bio

Here are some storyboard shots from the upcoming Superman/Batman:Apocalypse animated feature.  
Curtsy of  http://comicboxcommentary.blogspot.com/ 

I'm a little disappointed,  because it looks as though we are going to see a naked Kara parade around Gotham City. It still makes absolutely no sense, she had clothes when she got into the rocket and then she's trapped in a Kryptonite meteor in a sealed ship but somehow she doesn't have clothes when she get's to earth. I'm totally missing something here....

Oh!, and also here's the first look at the movie

The Wonder Women voice actor in this totally reminds me of Babs.

So, What do you guys think? Opinions?Thoughts and and all that other stuff?
#1 Posted by NightFang (10062 posts) - - Show Bio

That's pretty cool!

#2 Posted by tensor (4342 posts) - - Show Bio

nice

#3 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

Naked Supergirl + ? = Profit.

#4 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

looks great.

#5 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

rad
#6 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman would probably be the only reason I even consider picking this up.

#7 Posted by *Girl of Steel* (151 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" Naked Supergirl + ? = Profit. "
That crossed my mind, and I'm sure that was the reason in the original  I only open it transitions. 
I'd hate for another Green Lateran/Wonder Women debacle. 
#8 Posted by *Girl of Steel* (151 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:

"   Batman would probably be the only reason I even consider picking this up. "

I'm sure that was one of the reason's they decided to green-light the project in the first place, the plethora of characters involved.
Widespread appeal and all...
#9 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@*Girl of Steel* said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" Naked Supergirl + ? = Profit. "
That crossed my mind, and I'm sure that was the reason in the original  I only open it transitions.  I'd hate for another Green Lateran/Wonder Women debacle.  "
Yeah, that would be unfortunate.

But the cast looks pretty solid. Always been a big Summer Glau fan.
#10 Posted by *Girl of Steel* (151 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I'll be pretty bummed if things don't work out.

True it does seem pretty solid. She was a pretty good casting choice.

#11 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@*Girl of Steel*:  I would have to agree.  I don't really care much about the Super Powered heroes all that much except for Captain Marvel, so Batman being in this movie peaks my interest greatly.
#12 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Curses why do I have to wait for things like this

#13 Posted by Nick-SV(ril) (571 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm curious to see, if they're gonna have her speaking English straight up from the beginning or keep it, sort of, self thinking (well, still in English anyway). There was quite the Kryptonian talking going in the first issue.

#14 Posted by ComicMan24 (147091 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks very good.

#15 Posted by caesarsghost (559 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you so much for posting this! I had heard that they were going to make this film, but this is the most information on it I have seen in one place.  And it looks incredible!  

I am so glad that they got A. Loeb to write it and B. from the preview it seems like they were telling the truth when they said they were going to be as true as possible to Turner's art, which is demonstrably some of the best comic book art around. And just check out the preview, that entire sequence is pretty much directly from the comic, which I am totally okay with.  

This arc is so intense, meaningful, layered, and just masterfully done that I am anxious to see how they translate it to film. So there is a little apprehension there, but overall after the preview material I am definitely leaning towards excited. My favorite arc with an awesome voice cast- bring it.
#16 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

i am wondering why they din't call this movie Superman/Batman: Supergirl? like the orignal name is! were they afraid it would not sell if it had girl name on it? hmm
#17 Posted by Nick-SV(ril) (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@WW-Fan said:
" i am wondering why they din't call this movie Superman/Batman: Supergirl? like the orignal name is! were they afraid it would not sell if it had girl name on it? hmm "
True, but since its evolving around Darkseid's manipulation ovet Supergirl, and in Apokolips -- Apokolips/Apocalypse -- I guess it works that way too. I would say they did the same with Public Enemies, as the story parts were titled The World's Finest, but later the TPB was titled Public Enemies.
#18 Posted by caesarsghost (559 posts) - - Show Bio
@WW-Fan:

Also, maybe Batman/Superman: Apocalypse just sounds more dramatic. I am going to chalk it up to artistic license.   

But I would agree with your premise- the comic books are near perfect, very little has to be changed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.