The TPB wiki last edited by pikahyper on 02/20/15 01:03PM
View full history
In this century spanning tale, we witness the villains and circumstances that bring the world's two greatest heroes, Batman and Superman together throughout the years. And in these battles, these polar opposite heroes are not only defined but also portrayed as they were actually depicted by writers and artists throughout the different decades. From their first meeting to the their confrontations with the Joker, Lex Luthor, and Mxyzptlk, their personal relationship continually evolves from best friends to bitter partners and finally respected peers.
They are the world's two greatest superheroes.
Superman. The Last Son of Krypton.
Batman. The Darknight Detective.
In 1939, at the dawn of their careers, Metropolis's Man of Steel and Gotham City's Caped Crusader meet for the first time, teaming up to battle the fearsome Ultra-Humanite.
As the years pass, their paths cross time and time again. Facing menaces diverse as the Joker, Lex Luthor and Mr. Mxyzptlk, they must combine their skills and powers to avert disaster. But even as they pass their mantles to a new generation of heroes, enemies from their past conspire against them. And at the brink of the 21st century, startling revelations will forever change the legacy of the world's finest heroes!
- "1939" -- Superman and Batman first encounter each other at the Metropolis World's Fair to deal with a rampaging robot under the control of the Ultra-Humanite.
- "1949" -- Superman and Batman team together to deal with Lex Luthor and the Joker, who have captured Lois Lane in order to draw out Superman.
- "1959" -- Superman and Batman deal with Mxyzptlk and Bat-Mite in a contest over whose hero is worthy enough to be taken to a far-off world to fend off an alien invasion.
- "1969" -- Superman's family deals with Joel Kent going off to fight the Vietnam War and Lois Lane Kent diagnosed with cancer, while Batman's family solves the mystery of "Joker Junior".
- "1979" -- Superman's daughter Kara Kent and Batman's son Bruce Wayne Jr. are prepared to marry, but a past nemesis of Superman plans to ruin more than the day.
- "1989" -- Superman is accused of murdering Lex Luthor, and Batman's son intends to find out the truth.
- "1999" -- Bruce Wayne returns to the role of Batman after years of absence, while Superman's powers are restored.
- "2919" -- Batman and Superman reminisce about their real first encounter with each other as Robin and Superboy in 1929.