silkcuts's Superman #712 - Lost Boy, A Tale of Krypto the Superdog review

• silkcuts wrote this review on .
  • silkcuts has written a total of 726 reviews. The last one was for

A story told in the eyes of a "Super" Dog

While Grounded as a story arc may or may not be a lovable story, this fill-in issue is a refreshing release for any comic connoisseur. The story is called "Lost Boy, A Tale of Krypto the Superdog" and it really is a great example of great comic story-telling.  Comics are a very visual medium so the pictures can tell a lot and since the story is told in Krypton's point of view Kurt Busiek and co do an interesting thing with the silent narration of the book.  Some Flashbacks are done in black and white because it is intended to show that it is "old" memories but in this books advantage, Dogs are colorblind and it can be assumed Kyrpto is no different so his "memories" are of a colorblind dog that has lost its master and best friend.

The silent narration is top notice, we are carried on Krypto's emotional journey.  We see his pain in full color and he understand his sorrow in its grays and shades,  Their is a minor set back that this issue could of been rushed because some of the art is ugly and some faces feel forced.  Most of the time those minor art flaws can be overlooked because this comics really is a great example of why I love the medium.  I haven't been reading Grounded but when I gave this comic a thumb over I instantly saw the panel work and the color play and had to have it.  I don't regret buying it and would recommend this book to anyone who likes a good comic story told in a good comic book way.

Cheers
- Silkcuts
Posted by SUPER-MAN 23

Awesome review

Posted by Silkcuts
@SUPER-MAN 23:  Thanks man.  feel free to hit the recommend button.