User Reviews
2 (0)
1 (0)

4.75 stars 4.75/5 Stars Average score of 2 user reviews

The First Issue of Superman! 0

Most of us can hardly dream of getting such a well known classic that's still being printed! Using WWII as its setting, Superman #1 supports the real Superman, not the Big Blue Boy Scout we know today. It never hurts to return to the 1st issues of the comics we love, especially if they're this good. You think this is a short review? It is because there's not very much to say since this comics so great....

Superman and the Law 3

A lot of people don't know that early D.C. comics often had prose stories in them as well as comic ones. The two page prose backup story in Superman #1 is a particularly good one. Let's take a minute and talk about what Superman was like in the 1930s. To begin with, Superman was much less powerful, he couldn't even fly - instead he could leap tall buildings in a single bound. He was also not as goody-two-shoes as the Superman of today. While not as expressly vengeful as The Spectre or Bat...