inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The Good

The Hobgoblin is going on a robbery spree, in order to pay for his tech, but he's somehow evading all of Spider-Man's surveillance.

There's one overall moment that really sticks out to me in this issue. It's a two page spread with numerous panels, none of which have defined borders. It shows Hobgoblin robing a few places successfully, and below is Spider-Man becoming increasingly frustrated that he can't find him. What I love about this is a little piece of dialogue that Hobgoblin says "Since when did being a bad guy become a job?" It gave me a new look at why villains are villains. In this particular case, Hobgoblin is robbing banks simply to continue being Hobgoblin, which isn't cheap. Writer Dan Slott gives us these little moments where we have to redefine the characters and their motivations. This is truly what this whole series has been about. I really enjoyed the heavy focus on Phil Urich AKA The Hobgoblin here.

Although it was very brief, the relationship between Anna and Peter was another one of my favorite things about this issue. As you can tell, I have a few favorite things. She really sticks her neck out for Peter, and it seems like Peter has real feelings for her as well. That jerky, stubborn side of Peter is gone while he's around Anna. He really lets his guard down, and I love seeing this side of the character.

As always, I truly enjoy Humberto Ramos' art on this book. The over-exaggerated style really fits Slott's writing style, which teeters much more towards the fun side of things, even when the stories get a bit dark. I love how he draws Spider-Man as well as Hobgoblin in this issue. Their fight scenes are incredibly cool looking.

I loved the ending to the issue, and it's going to change a lot in Spider-Man's world because it's the first time, that I know of that Spider-Man publicly called out a villain and gave away his secret identity. I can only wonder how the public is going to react in the next issue.

The Bad

I'm a little disturbed with how tapped into everything Spider-Man is, especially with being able to take over airwaves with such ease. More than anything else, why isn't anyone stopping him from doing this? In addition, SM is up to some crazy stuff, like destroying Shadowland, and most people are just sitting back, idly and watching it happen. There's no repercussions for his actions. It's a big aggravating.

The Verdict

Another fun issue of SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN. Slott and Ramos continue to deliver something different and something incredibly fun. I've been digging the new take on this character since the series started. I am not the biggest fan that everyone is just letting SSM get away with this mass destruction and taking over the airwaves. However, there's a lot to love about the book overall. This is a book you should really pick up.

Revendawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I totally agree I'm hoping that the call backs to other characters finally starting to rally and say "this isn't Spider-Man" is a sign that he is finally about to be hit with repercussions. I mean from solicits we know that it is still going to probably be a slow burn, but I'm interested to see what it is building to.

HollowPrince65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I agree. Yeah I like the series but I am getting angry that there is no repercussions for any of his actions. Where the heck was Daredevil when Shadowland was being destroyed? The Avengers only gave him a slap on the wrist and a 'My b'? really? The events are fun to read but I find it so hard that no one is doing anything about this Extremely non-Peter Parker actions. You would think that someone would pick it up. Maybe Charlie will make it work.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I feel like he's slowly letting his villain side take over....he's going to get to confident with himself and he's going to slip up and overplay his hand and that villain side is going to come out maybe just for a moment but it's going to be while people are watching or he's going to take this whole "superhero lair" and his minions and spider-bots to far and try to do something like we're seeing Injustice with Superman

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I wonder if my grandchildren will ask someday was Spiderman always a jerk...

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@thecheesestabber: Don't worry, Peter will be back before your Grandkids are even born.

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheCheeseStabber
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheCheeseStabber
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

@punyparker said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@punyparker said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@punyparker said:

@black_claw said:

@thecheesestabber: Don't worry, Peter will be back before your Grandkids are even born.

yay.

Hes back!

Who?!

You Parker Peters back :O

Wait,WHAAAT!??....i havent's read the issue!

No No No You're Here YOU not Comic Here Now Life.

I was making a joke Parker wont return then you commented but you're Parker so...

I am too sensitive i guess.....well.

Well all that matters is Kaine is gonna pull Oc out of Peters bum

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@punyparker said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@punyparker said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@punyparker said:

@black_claw said:

yay.

Hes back!

Who?!

You Parker Peters back :O

Wait,WHAAAT!??....i havent's read the issue!

No No No You're Here YOU not Comic Here Now Life.

I was making a joke Parker wont return then you commented but you're Parker so...

I am too sensitive i guess.....well.

Well all that matters is Kaine is gonna pull Oc out of Peters bum

We'll see.

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Well current solicitations tease the return of Doc Oc so

Kerrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Although it was very brief, the relationship between Anna and Peter was another one of my favorite things about this issue. As you can tell, I have a few favorite things. She really sticks her neck out for Peter, and it seems like Peter has real feelings for her as well. That jerky, stubborn side of Peter is gone while he's around Anna.

Otto. Not Peter...

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@kerrigan said:

Although it was very brief, the relationship between Anna and Peter was another one of my favorite things about this issue. As you can tell, I have a few favorite things. She really sticks her neck out for Peter, and it seems like Peter has real feelings for her as well. That jerky, stubborn side of Peter is gone while he's around Anna.

Otto. Not Peter...

ahahaha.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't see why any heroes would be upset about Peter taking down Shadowland. It's not like it was some super secret underground part of the city that none of the heroes knew about. Shadowland was pretty much just sitting out in the open and just about every street level hero either knew or heard about it. It probably would've been better if Pete went into Shadowland with Daredevil, T'Challa, Luke, or Iron Fist at his side.

Avatar image for unpopularkarama
    unpopularkarama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Slott just keeps ratcheting up the tension again and again. I can't wait for everything to blow up.

Barkley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meh....Batman is better....

greenlucario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

All done with this book, can't wait for Kaine vs. Inferior Spider-Man, going to be awesome!

Ando123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loving this comic, it's a very enjoyable lecture.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By comedy_brosUSA

I read it. I just wish that more of the marvel universe starts realizing it isn't peter anymore. The avengers just accepted his new attitude, still blaming it on silver sable(WHO ISN'T EVEN DEAD!!!!!!!) even after he randomly beat up like half of Marvel's heroes. Someone besides carlie(and possibly Mary Jane, who started to believe Carlie) needs to get to the bottom and get ock outta there.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#26 owie  Moderator

I was glad that the background characters came back. They're what make this book work, and without them---as in the previous arc on the Raft--it was annoying. And I have to say it's been a while for some MJ cheesecake!

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This series will probably go down as one of the best anti-villain stories ever written. I'm surprised that I'm enjoying watching Superior's plans slowly fall apart as much as I have seeing him succeed where other heroes have failed. While it has been a tad frustrating watching these characters not wise up to Otto's schemes I don't think you should put a time limit on when people in Peter's life should take notice. We should let the story breathe instead of rushing to a predictable conclusion.

As always I really enjoy the use of Anna Maria as I find it both hilarious and heartfelt that Spider-Man would date a little person. The use of Phil Ulrich Hobgoblin was terrific. It makes Goblin King's schemes that much more diabolical since he's letting the inferior goblin take all the heat for him while he gains more and more power and influence in the underground. Overall all this issue was fantastic. You'd think that a fan of this series would dislike seeing Superior begin his descent towards failure but it's only making the series that much more intriguing. I'm on pins and needles after that ending.

ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to hate Superior with the whole Smallville dumbass syndrome where people closest to him didn't question his complete 180 in terms of personality (and thats still there but not as big as it once was) now I'm really digging how hes not being an apologetic Spider-Man like Parker was. Hes a much better crime fighter than Peter ever was and I'm glad hes not beating himself up over every goddamn thing and making everything his responsibility and/or fault.

wolverine1610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it seems like everyone is starting to finally begin to put the pieces together, except carlee, she's been on that case since the beginning and i think she's going to be a big factor in outting otto and bringing back peter. but im really enjoying this series, every single issue something happens that makes me jaw dropped. dan slott is a talented writer and im glad i decided to give this series a chance. but seriously the ending to this comic, just wow lol. if hobgoblin doesnt die he and spider slayer will definitely come back to bite him in the butt one day

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.