Comic Book Question of the Week RESULTS: Will You Miss Superior Spider-Man?

• 66 results
    k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Dan Slott'sSUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN concluded this week and the original Spider-Man, Peter Parker, is back in control of his own body. Needless to say, the big change to the hero's life produced some very mixed opinions as the story unfolded over the months. But now that Otto's time as Superior Spider-Man has allegedly come to a close and Peter is getting his own ongoing series, we wanted to know how you currently feel about the big developments. Are you sad to see Doctor Octopus go or does your excitement over Peter Parker's return outweigh your feelings for the classic foe? Well, it turns out a majority of voters will miss Otto a lot and would like to see him have more time as the not-so-friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

No Caption Provided

That option won by a good percentage, too. 55% voted for Otto and only 38% sided with Peter's return. Meanwhile, 7% admitted they aren't even reading the run and maybe even wondered why Batman wasn't an option on the poll. We won't lie, the results are pretty surprising. Given how many heated debates always pop up in every review and thread about the run, we expected the voting to be much, much closer. Regardless, it's interesting to see such a strong change in opinion. When AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #700 and the first several issues of SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN dropped, there were a lot of very negative opinions popping up. Like, a lot. But, as Slott was given time to tell the story he wanted to, it's clear he began to win more and more of you over. Sure, it's almost guaranteed some of you out there are bummed out by this result, but hey, at least you have the original Spider-Man back now, right?

A lot of Viners chimed in for this discussion and there were several pages of solid and amusing posts. It wasn't easy to choose, but we've picked two impressive ones that were made for each character.

Viner Post for Otto is by UltimaStarkiller

"For me, Superior Spider-Man was the first ongoing Spider-Man series that I started following. Even though I've been a fan of comics for most of my young life, I only started buying single issues after the start of the "Marvel NOW!" initiative. I didn't even start reading the book when if first came out, as I started reading the series around the time issue #9 came out. It was only after I had started hearing about the developments in the story and people at my LCS recommending the book to me, that I started reading it. I bought all the single issues up to that point, and I'm happy to say that I don't regret doing so for a second. Being that I had no real emotional ties to the Peter Parker character in the comic book universe, I wasn't really hung up on the fact that Peter died. I had my doubts about the story, sure. I mean, it's a villain being Spider-Man, an idea that could have gone terribly wrong. But I didn't have a love for the Peter character like other long time fans did (and still do), so it was pretty easy to get into it, and the series truly was a lot of fun to read.

I always found the series to be very engaging, to the point that it was hard to wait for the series to release it's newest issue even after going to a bi-weekly schedule. It really is saying something that Otto, for being as despicable as he could be, was never a character I grew to hate or despise or get annoyed with. Even though he did terrible things, I was always able to sympathize with (or at least understand) him because of his (admittedly questionable) motivations. Doing what he believed was "right", the fact that he was successful in his endeavors, made him that much more interesting of a character to read about, especially when it was hard to argue the logic behind his actions (Killing a villain to keep him from hurting or killing others). It was especially interesting to see the story from the perspective of a villain-turned-forcibly-hero, doing what he believed to be the heroic action, seeing him fight crime in a manner that could still be considered villainous, but with twisted heroic intentions. Speaking of which, it was refreshing to see a villain in the hero role for so long, and not have it simply play out as a "What If?" story. Actions had weight to them, and everything he did made it that much more interesting, leaving you wonder what the destination to this journey would be.

If anything, the only reason why I really want to see Peter return as Spidey is to see how he handles the fallout from Otto's actions. I know people have hated the SpOck character (even if they haven't read the story), but this is a case of a story (hopefully) being a means to a new end, and not simply rehashing more stories, and a story that will be beneficial to the Peter character. It's a story that felt important every time I read it, one that even with it's problems (the "characters dumb down" argument. some of the stories missing their potential, ex. "Darkest Hour" ), was always something I looked forward to reading.

I'll miss SpOck, and do wish the story had gone on a little longer to see where the series could've possibly gone next, as I think the story still had a lot more possibilities to explore. For all I know, Dan Slott might blow it and make the series pointless (I don't think he will, but expectations are certainly high). That being said, whatever the fallout may be, this is the story that helped cement my place as a Spider-Man fan and reader, even if it wasn't because of Peter Parker, and one that I know that I'll always look back fondly on."

No Caption Provided

Viner Post for Peter is by GraniteSoldier

"Eh, I voted no because I am actually happy to see Peter back because of one simple reason: Peter Parker is Spider-Man. Certainly others may replace, for example Miles replacing Peter as Ultimate Spider-Man, but Peter is Spidey. There is no other Spidey.

Now I am torn, and nearly voted yes, for a few reasons. First, I'll admit that leading up to Superior I enjoyed Slott's work on Peter. Heresy, I know, but he's evolved Peter more since Big Time than he really has in the last decade. Second, the premise had promise. We all knew it wasn't permanent. It's like when Jean Paul Valley or Dick Grayson replaced Bruce Wayne. Marvel isn't going to kill of a flagship character, especially when he's slated for another few movies in the coming years. Superior, however, felt rushed. To make it work in the allotted time frame, Slott dumbed down many of the supporting cast, so they "knew something was different" but no one really realized anything was wrong. The Avengers were made fools, Aunt May didn't see anything was different about the boy she raised, etc. Now, I have confidence Slott could have pulled it off better if he had time, but he didn't. He wanted to tell a certain story, and didn't have much time to do it. I wouldn't mind seeing Superior go on a bit longer, or have been slated a longer time frame. I think we could have achieved the same ends with better buildup without character degradation.

But, in the end, I am glad to see Peter come back. I hope we will see some major developments come from this, such as Parker Industries and Miguel being in the present, hopefully we'll see something come of Peter knowing Curt Connors' mind is in the body of the Lizard. If it does nothing but serve as a "soft reset" for Spidey, and bring him back to the "starving genius bachelor" he's always been, then it will have been a waste. I suppose only time will tell."

Love or hate SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN, we want to know what your favorite moment from the volume was! Tell us below and feel free to share an image of it, too. Don't forget, the final issue -- SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #31 -- is currently on sale. See you next Tuesday for an all-new Question of the Week!

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The question asked if you'd miss him. Not if he was better. Of course a person can miss him but would rather have peter back

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I will

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO. Finally it's over!

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The poll has spoken. Otto brought something different to the table, and people are going to miss that....

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

I was hoping for more, just to see how much more problems Otto would have made for Peter, but it's been a good run.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truemarvel: I was going to say the exact same thing. You're misrepresenting the results, Katzman.

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Skyfire

It was interesting enough while it lasted, but I'm glad Peter is back.

0_Apocalypse_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A villain turned hero is always an amazing character to read on, it is a much better back story than a the one Superman/Hyperion/BetaRay/MartianManhunter/et all. have! Like the 12 issue comic run of Thanos as a changed being, out to do good, with questionable methods, was probably one of the best reads of my life, save for Court of Owls and A vs. X.

I will be mising SpOck big time.

His habit for accounting for every possibility, and his ruthless treatment of wrongdoers makes him the Superior Spidey.

I find SpOck a lot more grounded to reality, while PP is more of a wisecracking deadpool-ish boy scout.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will miss how efficient he was and how well he balanced his civilian and hero life nice to see pete win for a change (well technically not) but then his arrogance took over and derailed everything.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By PunyParker

People dont get a certain thing......

THIS IS NOT SPIDER-MAN!!!!

Will you miss the d-bag ness of Otto?...good for you,but if you PREFER him instead of Peter,you DONT like Spider-man and what makes the character who he is!!!!.....

It's simple,really!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 k4tzm4n  Moderator

The question asked if you'd miss him. Not if he was better. Of course a person can miss him but would rather have peter back

@truemarvel: I was going to say the exact same thing. You're misrepresenting the results, Katzman.

Not once does my portion use the word "better" or even imply that was the question.

"Are you sad to see Doctor Octopus go or does your excitement over Peter Parker's return outweigh your feelings for the classic foe? Well, it turns out a majority of voters will miss Otto a lot and would like to see him have more time as the not-so-friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!" The question was a simple one. Which do you feel stronger about: feeling sad about Otto leaving, or happy about Parker's return? You're choosing between the two characters and I think that's pretty clear in the article.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HushoftheWind

Will you miss the d-bag ness of Otto?...good for you,but if you PREFER him instead of Peter,you DONT like Spider-man and what makes the character who he is!!!!.....

It's simple,really!

agreed.

Superior Spider-man accomplished it's goal by getting new readers to interested in the Spider-man story and old readers a reason to keep reading. Yes, it was good storyline, but importantly it was damn good sales tactic. Now Marvel can relaunch Amazing Spider-man with a new number 1 issue(which will sale b/c of the big ol number 1 on the front).

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Saren
    No Caption Provided

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By frogdog

@micah said:

The poll has spoken. Otto brought something different to the table, and people are going to miss that....

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It's simple,really!

IKR. It wasn't a story about Spider-Man. It was a story about Doc Ock in Spider-Man's body. Too many people pay attention to the mask like that's the character and not the man underneath.

ptigrusmagus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will miss parts of Superior but that doesn't mean I prefer him over the real ASM

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By micah007123

@frogdog said:

@micah said:

Looks like someone's a sore loser ;)

No Caption Provided

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@frogdog said:

@micah said:

No Caption Provided

Please give it 2 months, and nobody will ever care about this pointless story arc.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 k4tzm4n  Moderator
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

agreed.

Superior Spider-man accomplished it's goal by getting new readers to interested in the Spider-man story and old readers a reason to keep reading. Yes, it was good storyline, but importantly it was damn good sales tactic. Now Marvel can relaunch Amazing Spider-man with a new number 1 issue(which will sale b/c of the big ol number 1 on the front).

Exacly.

@dernman said:

@punyparker said:

It's simple,really!

IKR. It wasn't a story about Spider-Man. It was a story about Doc Ock in Spider-Man's body. Too many people pay attention to the mask like that's the character and not the man underneath.

Exacly No.2

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

@micah said:

@frogdog said:

@micah said:

No Caption Provided

Please give it 2 months, and nobody will ever care about this pointless story arc.

Only time will tell

Dstick88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im sad i prefered sup spider

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, if you can't enjoy a change once in a while then I'm not sure how you enjoy life. The same ol' same gets boring after a while, you need to spice things up.

The thing to remember with comics is Peter Parker is Spider-man, Bruce Wayne is Batman and Steve Rogers is Captain America. If that isn't true, it's a limited time story. Save yourself the rage and the hair, don't stress, chill out, sit back and enjoy the ride. Its a comic after all.

Avatar image for ultimastarkiller
    UltimaStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, my long winded comment actually made it! Thanks for choosing it!

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By MannEffest

Everyone who hated this arc because it wasn't Peter as Spider-Man, please just stop whining. Otto, while he was a jerk, and I wanted to reach in the comic and punch him in the face, he was a compelling character. I love Peter, but it was so nice to have a new spin on the web-slinger. It has opened new possibilities for us to explore in Spider-Man's world. It was a shake up that was needed. Yes, Peter will always be Spider-Man, but SpOck will always have a special place in my heart as an arrogant hero and a sympathetic villain.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kidchipotle

It's simple,really!

No Caption Provided

trunkszero157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's simple,really!

Its not even that, aren't you tired of peter being the under dog. Its like hes the poster boy for the gifted, but overshadowed and overlooked in life that don't live up to their potential. I for one liked seeing him win and achieve in most aspects of his life, take a vigilant stand, and actually show some balls. After all peters been through you would expect some of these situations to cause a lasting effect. Look at the xmen, after cyclops was possessed with the phoenix force. Did life go back to being peachy for him.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trunkszero157: So that means we love Ock more,asd Spider-Man?!

And yeah,he did win.He got a job at Horizon Labs.That was a sh!t load of cash every month,and now he has Parker Ind....His main gripe is money,and now he has it.(Dont tell me it's girls,look at what he dated,and tell me you dated half the women. :P ) and he's an Avenger.

Now the main character materials are there,like his luck and guilt,so this is natural to happen,mate.

substance104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SUPERIOR SPIDER MAN will always be my champion

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Oh Otto I'm gonna miss you. You were a great Spider-Man, if only you could've learned to get along with other heroes you would've flourished beyond your dreams. Oh well back to the Days of Parker again

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By dernman

@micah said:
    @frogdog said:

@micah said:

@frogdog said:

@micah said:

No Caption Provided

Only time will tell

Not to get into anyones fight. Everyone is entitled to their opinion buuuuutt Peter fans are hardly the loser considering they got their character back. I'd trade a poll that only counts a limited number of opinions for that anyday... ,p

<------Tears of Joy

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dernman

@manneffest said:

Everyone who hated this arc because it wasn't Peter as Spider-Man, please just stop whining. Otto, while he was a jerk, and I wanted to reach in the comic and punch him in the face, he was a compelling character. I love Peter, but it was so nice to have a new spin on the web-slinger. It has opened new possibilities for us to explore in Spider-Man's world. It was a shake up that was needed. Yes, Peter will always be Spider-Man, but SpOck will always have a special place in my heart as an arrogant hero and a sympathetic villain.

People expressing their opinion on a subject = bad whining.

People expressing their opinion on other people's opinions that differ from theirs = good whining.

ok got it.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Peter Parker is both Amazing and Superior so I ain't even tripping.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Peter Parker is both Amazing and Superior so I ain't even tripping.

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
    thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to see there are still some non narrowminded afraid of change comic fans out there. Superior Spider-Man will go down as one of if not the best Spider-Man story arc (just wait for the fanboys to post some gif of someone laughing or whatever.) It gave us something new and intresting something Spider-Man DESPERATLY needed. HIs comic have been the same reptitive boring bull for years. He needed a change of pace like this it got me intrested in Spider-Man again. Then it got me to love Spider-Man. Now the arc is over and Spider-Man will go back to being the same old generic,boring,repetitive comics it's been since One More Day. I liked Superior didn't know i'd end up loving him and wanting him to be the permanant Spider-Man actually have comics do something major and keep it for once. Especially when it's as amazing as Superior Spider-Man was. Sigh i'll give the new Spider-Man comic a chance but i know it will go back to the same crap it was before Superior.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By micah007123

@dernman said:

@micah said:
    @frogdog said:

@micah said:

@frogdog said:

@micah said:

No Caption Provided

Only time will tell

Not to get into anyones fight. Everyone is entitled to their opinion buuuuutt Peter fans are hardly the loser considering they got their character back. I'd trade a poll that only counts a limited number of opinions for that anyday... ,p

<------Tears of Joy

So because the poll didn't give you the results "YOU" wanted, you can complain and write it off that it proves nothing, and suddenly you don't respect it or treat it seriously. -_-........

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I'm still more interested in whether Otto will go back to being Doc Ock. And if so, how will his relationship with Spidey as enemies change?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dernman

@micah said:

@dernman said:

@micah said:
    @frogdog said:

@micah said:

@frogdog said:

@micah said:

No Caption Provided

Only time will tell

<------Tears of Joy

So because the poll didn't give you the results "YOU" wanted, you can complain and write it off that it proves nothing, and suddenly you don't respect it or treat it seriously. -_-........

That's a ridiculous accusation. I've always said the same thing about every poll no matter what it's about or if I agree with it. I'm curious what have I said that was directed towards the results that can be defined as complaining? I'm also curious how you can make this supposed claim that I've suddenly had a change of heart when it comes to polls like you've seen some history of me and my opinion on polls.

Face it you have no credibility here.

Perhaps it's just something you would like to think because the poll results is somehow comforting to you now Spock is gone? It would certainly explain why your jimmies have been rustled so much. Seriously I had no idea i'd get such a reaction. The thought that anyone would take any poll as indicative of the majority of opinions of anything other than the small group of people who voted seems odd to me. Which is why I chose a silly picture and tried to be light hearted in my reply.

So lets for argument sake it does mean something......... Like I said before I'd still give you the poll in exchange for having Peter back like we now do.

Which is my point. From my perspective I hardly see how Peter fans are the losers in this.

Having the character I we want>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any poll results

Maybe you feel the same and that's the real reason you seem so mad?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By micah007123

@dernman said:

@micah said:

@dernman said:

@micah said:
    @frogdog said:

@micah said:

@frogdog said:

@micah said:

No Caption Provided

Only time will tell

<------Tears of Joy

That's a ridiculous accusation. I've always said the same thing about every poll no matter what it's about or if I agree with it. I'm curious what have I said that was directed towards the results that can be defined as complaining? I'm also curious how you can make this supposed claim that I've suddenly had a change of heart when it comes to polls like you've seen some history of me and my opinion on polls.

Face it you have no credibility here.

Perhaps it's just something you would like to think because the poll results is somehow comforting to you now Spock is gone? It would certainly explain why your jimmies have been rustled so much. Seriously I had no idea i'd get such a reaction. The thought that anyone would take any poll as indicative of the majority of opinions of anything other than the small group of people who voted seems odd to me. Which is why I chose a silly picture and tried to be light hearted in my reply.

So lets for argument sake it does mean something......... Like I said before I'd still give you the poll in exchange for having Peter back like we now do.

Having the character I want>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any poll results

Maybe you feel the same and that's the real reason you seem so mad?

I said that because I've never seen you on polls before and assumed the accusations. Pardon me if I insulted you.

I'm not mad, it's just the fact that several people (not you) have been on these polls and discussion boards, making it seem like its a crime to like SpiderOck and making people feel bad.

Also you can take a poll as an indicator of what a majority of the comicbook population thinks. Given the massive lead SpiderOck took in the poll, you can assume that whether 300 people or 3,000 people voted SpiderOck would still be in the lead a majority, not saying Peter may beat him in the polls. But its likely Spider-Ock would still be in the lead. Assuming we still have the same type of people (comic book fans) voting.

Also question for you, what was wrong with @manneffest comment

"Everyone who hated this arc because it wasn't Peter as Spider-Man, please just stop whining. Otto, while he was a jerk, and I wanted to reach in the comic and punch him in the face, he was a compelling character. I love Peter, but it was so nice to have a new spin on the web-slinger. It has opened new possibilities for us to explore in Spider-Man's world. It was a shake up that was needed. Yes, Peter will always be Spider-Man, but SpOck will always have a special place in my heart as an arrogant hero and a sympathetic villain."

He was simply pointing out the fact that a large group of people simply hated this arc because it didn't have the Peter they new and never gave it a chance. Which in turn explained a large majority of the hate.

Sooooooo how can you say?

People expressing their opinion on other people's opinions that differ from theirs = good whining.

ok got it.

How can you write off his analysis of what people were thinking as sarcastically "good whining"???

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By marvel_boy2241

@dernman said:

@manneffest said:

ok got it.

pwned.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#44  Edited By Sovereign91001

Excessively high levels of sodium detected.

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A villain turned hero is always an amazing character to read on, it is a much better back story than a the one Superman/Hyperion/BetaRay/MartianManhunter/et all. have! Like the 12 issue comic run of Thanos as a changed being, out to do good, with questionable methods, was probably one of the best reads of my life, save for Court of Owls and A vs. X.

I will be mising SpOck big time.

His habit for accounting for every possibility, and his ruthless treatment of wrongdoers makes him the Superior Spidey.

I find SpOck a lot more grounded to reality, while PP is more of a wisecracking deadpool-ish boy scout.

he was not superior, he wasn't eliminating crime but making it more organized.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By dernman

@micah:

I said that because I've never seen you on polls before and assumed the accusations. Pardon me if I insulted you.

CV isn't the only place that has polls but if anything shouldn't the fact that you've never seen me at one only support my opinions of them.

To be truthful though I do go to them and participate in some to read different opinions. I just don't hold much value in the results. No need to pardon you. I don't hold grudges, don't think this is that big of a deal and will probably forget the whole conversation soon after it ends.

I'm not mad, it's just the fact that several people (not you) have been on these polls and discussion boards, making it seem like its a crime to like SpiderOck and making people feel bad.

I see that. I also see it going both ways.

Also you can take a poll as an indicator of what a majority of the comicbook population thinks. Given the massive lead SpiderOck took in the poll, you can assume that whether 300 people or 3,000 people voted SpiderOck would still be in the lead a majority, not saying Peter may beat him in the polls. But its likely Spider-Ock would still be in the lead. Assuming we still have the same type of people (comic book fans) voting.

I don't see how you can. Not everyone participates. Not even close to the amount of readers let alone this site. All it means is more SpOck fans voted. Not to mention the whole multiple accounts thing.

"Everyone who hated this arc because it wasn't Peter as Spider-Man, please just stop whining. Otto, while he was a jerk, and I wanted to reach in the comic and punch him in the face, he was a compelling character. I love Peter, but it was so nice to have a new spin on the web-slinger. It has opened new possibilities for us to explore in Spider-Man's world. It was a shake up that was needed. Yes, Peter will always be Spider-Man, but SpOck will always have a special place in my heart as an arrogant hero and a sympathetic villain."

He was simply pointing out the fact that a large group of people simply hated this arc because it didn't have the Peter they new and never gave it a chance. Which in turn explained a large majority of the hate.

ok got it.

How can you write off his analysis of what people were thinking as sarcastically "good whining"???

His whole "analysis" is connected to telling people to stop whining. The point I was making if other people's opinions, expressions and or analysts can be reduced to nothing more than whining because it's not the same as his then his can/should be also.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By micah007123

@dernman said:

@micah:

CV isn't the only place that has polls but if anything shouldn't the fact that you've never seen me at one only support my opinions of them.

To be truthful though I do go to them and participate in some to read different opinions. I just don't hold much value in the results. No need to pardon you. I don't hold grudges, don't think this is that big of a deal and will probably forget the whole conversation soon after it ends.

I see that. I also see it going both ways.

I don't see how you can. Not everyone participates. Not even close to the amount of readers let alone this site. All it means is more SpOck fans voted. Not to mention the whole multiple accounts thing.

ok got it.

His whole "analyst' is connected to telling people to stop whining. The point I was making if other people's opinions, expressions and or analysts can be reduced to nothing more than whining because it's not the same as his then his can/should be also.

I won't I just didn't want to come across in a bad light. You do make good points, especially with the "analyst" one

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By MannEffest

@dernman said:

question for you, what was wrong with @manneffest comment

ok got it.

His whole "analysis" is connected to telling people to stop whining. The point I was making if other people's opinions, expressions and or analysts can be reduced to nothing more than whining because it's not the same as his then his can/should be also.

I don't apologize for my comment. If people didn't like the arc AND they gave it a chance, then by all means, comment on how the writing was bad and that Otto was not a good or compelling character. However, if you are "whining" about how Peter was killed, replaced by Ock, and then said person hating the idea of SpOck without giving him the chance he deserves, then you should not speak. Just because Peter is back in Spider-Man's booties, doesn't mean we need to continue to hate Otto for being different from what Spidey originally was! If you have a different opinion, well, it's a free country and we all have different taste in comics, but if you insist on prattling about how you hated Ock because it was a change… then please, stop whining.

I'm not accusing anybody of this, I just want other people to respect the fact that Superior Spider-Man was enjoyed by a lot of people and that the vocal minority is just that, a minority. Peter Parker is back now everyone, let's all just come together and be happy about it and stop hating on a run we may or may not have liked. It's over now, let's all get excited and pumped at what Amazing Spider-Man has in store for us and let's just have a big group hug. Okay? Okay!

No Caption Provided

Notathug78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#50  Edited By Notathug78
    No Caption Provided

Wait there was a poll?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.