gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

Whether you like the SUPERIOR Spider-Man or not, you have to admit Spider-Man controlled by Otto Octavius usually gets the job done in an efficient manner. He just sometimes gets a tad too arrogant. But that's part of the charm in seeing this (what everyone should know is temporary) Spider-Man.

Continuing from the newly relaunched MIGHTY AVENGERS, Spider-Man, Luke Cage and other "street-level" Avengers are dealing with an alien attack, initiated by Thanos since the main Avengers are off planet dealing with the events in INFINITY.

You get a good sense of the chaos from the invasion. Michael Del Mundo's art and colors gives an interesting take on Spider-Man. It might not be totally fitting with what we're used to but it's a nice style.

The Bad

This was one of those moments where I temporarily forgot Chris Yost was not writing this issue. There was an odd sense that SUPERIOR Spidey was explaining too much but that can largely be attributed to this being a tie-in issue and new-reader friendly.

We're introduced to a new character. She could be interesting. There could be some potential. It's a little out of place in the midst of this tie-in. We do see her 'origin' but it's a little hard to be fully invested when we're trying to focus on Spidey and the invasion. Without a full explanation to how she got her powers, I'm finding it a little difficult to really care what happens to her next.

This is also an example when a tie-in interrupts the flow of series. I'm much more interested in what Yost has been developing. We'll have to wait for issue #5 to see that.

The Verdict

It's an INFINITY tie-in. Even so, this issue won't add a lot to the overall story. This is more of a tie-in to this month's MIGHTY AVENGERS #1 since the focus is on the Avengers that stayed behind on Earth. We get to see SUPERIOR Spidey deal with a potential new hero. Obviously he has his own motives but it still makes an interesting exchange. Regardless, this two-issue arc interrupts a story I was more interested in with one I can easily do without.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Squalleon

Wow. That's the first time i see a one star review!

EDIT: Lol it was a two star :-P

HeckTate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I'm counting 2 stars but I could just be seeing double.

I've been loving the Superio Spider-Man, but I've noticed there's a significant drop off in the quality of his spin-off titles.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SeanFoster

I'm seeing double - four Krustys!

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Forget the stars can i retract my bid on ebay! Forgot that this was tieing into Infinity, damn it.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@hecktate: Even Superior foe? I was thinking of getting it, just because I'd like to read a title about fairly obscure villains.

HeckTate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@maccyd: Foes has some good moments but imo it still has that noticeable drop in quality. I'd say flip through a copy in store before deciding to buy.

Avatar image for theimmortalbeaver
    TheImmortalBeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually kind of enjoyed this issue. I liked the artwork, and the story was fun enough. I know that's not exactly the greatest praise, but if you're into the Superior Spider-man and Infinity, I see no reason to not pick it up.

Ando123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ando123

This wasn't that bad, I enjoyed the reading experience was really fun. and the art was cool

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't read this yet. But hopefully it's not that bad.

skyjumpermike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I liked it, but I seem to like most everything I read. This seemed like a quick read though. It also seems to be hinting at the Inhuman story coming up, with the mist and all.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I cant seem to care about this series just yet.

RyanGuyIsMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed this. The new electro-lady seems cool. I'd give it a three out of five, and, thus, am outraged by this review.

mickeymayhew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why does G-Man keep saying SpOck is only temporary? all Dan Slott ever says in the letters page is the exact opposite

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#15  Edited By iceslick

@g_man: I don't know Tony, I just read this issue and I quite actually loved it. I loved Spock's charm and Flumina was quite an interesting character I want to see more of. I also think it actually contributes the Infinity arc too since she joins the Mighty Avengers team. I would give this issue a 4. The only downside is the art.

DrunkViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DrunkViking

I was Luke-warm (ha, Luke) about this one after the first couple. Throw in the Infinity tie-in, and I can't really argue with the review. I don't know what it is about this event, it just seems sortof drawn out. I may revisit this on issue #5.

I will say, I absolutely love Superior Foes of Spiderman. Funniest comic I've read since Deadpool was stalked by an insane psychologist in vol. 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.