theacidskull's Superior Spider-Man #3 - Everything You Know is Wrong review

Thank God....

From last horrible issue, this seems like huge step again. I am not a fan of the whole SHIFT but hey, it's temporary, if you haven't figured that out yet then you need to think.

This was a very entertaining and fun issue, the first thing i'd like to mention if the fact that.....oh.....i don't know... SOMEONE FINELY SEES THAT SOMETHING MIGHT BE WRONG WITH PETERS BRAIN! it's about time! i mean , how do people not notice the different manner of talking and the use of different words in contrast to peters usual vocabulary, to the fact that he isn't working the same way he use to.

Now, before i get into the juicer stuff , i'd like to mention that i love peters new tech and upgrades. I also like the fact that ock/spider-man utilizes peters brain way better due to his focus.

Now, the biggest glory point of the issue was the fact that, otto, unlike peter, knew the villains he is up against because he was working with them at one point of his life, therefore, he may have established friendships with some of spider-mans foes, which provides a whole new ball game, considering that this only only changes but also complicates things.

However this time around otto tries to reason with the villain(vulture) at first, because at one point they had been team mates, but of course due to Ocks re-modeling, Vulture does not listen and sends his henchmen to fight spider-man. The big twist was that these creatures were actually children, which triggers one of ocks memories of his childhood, and afterwords he goes him into a rage.

But the big Idea of the issue it the fact that otto finely sees things from peters prescriptive, and he realizes that the man before him, someone he tried to help and had once called him friend, was a monster , nothing less, nothing more.

Ok can Adrian possibly Hold and enraged spider-man by the neck, while spider-man can basically do nothing? what the hell? this did not make sense to me since a regular spider-man can pretty much slap adrian around.

also how come carlie notices peters change but MJ doesn't? sure she maybe smarter but no one, and i mean NO ONE knows peter better than MJ, yet she fails to see peters change, she has only yet made a slight remark in issue two...*sigh*

Recommendation: sure.

Posted by skyjumpermike

I think Carlie is more aware of it because she has more info than MJ. Peter, as Doc Ock, tells her he is Peter in a past issue. Also I think MJ notices he is different, but jumping right to a mind switch would be a big leap. As far as The Vulture putting him in a headlock, it is explained that he has made suit upgrades. I guess I'm more the type to come up with ideas on how it is possible rather than why it is not.

I agree with the rest of the review though. I thought it was fun and interesting to see more of "the rules" to how Peter and Doc can interact and what Peter has control over and what he doesn't at this point.

Thanks for the review.

Posted by TheAcidSkull

@skyjumpermike said:

Thanks for the review.

Thank you very very much my friend :P, i really appreciate this ^__^

Posted by kristianmaru

a very good review. :)

Posted by Timandm

Well...

Adrian has upgraded his equipment. He somehow was generating 50 Gs of force. So, this is something Spider-Man has not encountered before.

1: Carlie has a reason to suspect. Peter, in the body of Doc Ock, told Carlie what had happened. Even if she didn't completely believe him then, some part of her has been suspicious and she is therefore LOOKING for it...

2: M.J. is completely and totally in love with Peter... Love makes us blind to many things...

Regarding your opinion of the story, it seems you and I like the same things about the book. I expect many Spidey fans will... And when Peter takes back his body, I hope he will have learned a few tips from Otto...

Posted by Lvenger

A pleasure to read mate. I was going to correct you on Vulture's gravity tech but someone else beat me to it.

Online
Posted by TheAcidSkull

@Lvenger said:

Thanks :)

But that wasn't the problem, Adrian holding spider-man in a lock was XD

Posted by Lvenger

@TheAcidSkull: Again that was the gravity tech Adrian was wearing. In The Amazing Spider-Man #675 he uses his gravity tech in a telekinetic kind of way, picking up a water tower and throwing it at Carlie. Similarly the lock instance was where Toomes was enhanced by his gravity tech.

Online