punyparker's Superior Spider-Man #23 - Darkest Hours, Part 2 of 4: Complications review

Now that's a good one!

Plot

Flash escapes Ock,and seeks someplace to stay,and thinks about his long time friend Peter!
At the meantime,Ock wants Anna to meat his "parents" May and Jay!
Ock tries to convince Flash to do an experiment where he could walk again,but the main target,of Ock,is to sepperate him fromthe symbiote.
He succeds,but the symbiote is stronger and ,bonds itself to SpOck!!

Thoughts

I absolutelly enjoyed the issue!

It had stuff happening,some fun and a very good premise for the next one!.....
The writing was good.

The following characters appear and have speaking roles in #23: Detective Pratchett, the Crime Master, Otto Octavius, Flash Thompson, Anna Maria Marconi, the Green Goblin, Lily Hollister, Phil Urich, Carlie Cooper, Mary Jane Watson, Pedro Olivera, Yuri Watanabe, May Parker, J. Jonah Jameson Sr., Elias Wirtham, Liz Allan, J. Jonah Jameson Jr., Tiberius Stone, and Miguel O’Hara.The comicbook has more characters than,its' pages.....
But the overcrowded atmosphere doesnt take away any of the fun or generally the "good" of the book.And it's a good thing,obvioulsly.

Mary Jane re-opens the club and Watanabe comes to investigate the "Carlie missing" case.She asks MJ if she heared the Voicemail Cooper left her.They then go to listen the voicemail.Watanabe knows that the connection between Parker,Spider-Man,and Ock exists.Watanabe is not doing anything to warn the people in danger other than to speak in vague generalities.

Jonah is building new Spider-Slayers to destroy Spider-Man.That could get interesting.
The Goblin,now,appears to know what happened to Spider-Man,but Carlie has ripped off the page where she mentions who Spider-Man really is.So the Goblin is pissed at this.He says a trully great line...Calie says she doesnt know who Spider-Man is under the mask,and Green Goblin says :"Me neither,and that....vexes me.And i feel like i should know.It's that maddening little itch in the back of my head,that i just cant scratch!"
Trully great.
And then he goes to fight the "Black sheep of the Goblin family"....a.k.a Kingsley......that was awesome!

The art,ladies and gents,is absolutelly horibble.I dont know if Ramos was rushed to do the last couple of issues,but the verdict is that he failed miserably.I liked his art in the last issues he did.I was impressed that i liked it.But here?...wow,no.

The book is a joy to read and a pain in the gut to look at.
That's the only reason for the 4 stars.....it would have been 5 if Stegman or Camo were drawing.

Image notes

LLLLLLOVED IT!!! <3

He made a spider-net for your date,he has Spider-bots lying around in his appartment,he leaves when Spider-Man "calls'' him,despite the fact he only "making" stuff for him.....you're a smart woman.COME ,THE SHOCK, ON!!!

See what i told ya about the art?!.....i see 4 different Mary Janes in this.....one normal,one 14 yr old,one with practically no lips,and one 65 yr old....
She has a serious neck problem....or she's a zombie.Pick and choose.

NOW WE'RE TALKIN!!!!!

Posted by Ninjablade09

Good review. Still not picking it up.

Edited by PunyParker

Good review. Still not picking it up.

Thanks!
This is really a good issue.Interesting.
A clear improvement from the previous.

Posted by PunyParker

And a fun fact: it's the first cover in the Superior saga that indicates EXACLY what happens in the issue.

I refuse to read this <3 TCS