super_man_23's Superior Spider-Man #11 - No Escape Part One: A Lock For Every Key review

Superior Spider-Man 11

Spider-Man goes to prison, but instead of being locked up, he's going to witness the death of the Spider Slayer!

The Good

It is about time to see the fate of Alistair Smythe. Having killed Jameson's wife, Marla, in the pages of the Amazing Spider-Man I was wondering when Dan Slott would be getting around to Smythe's return. However, the long-awaited outcome of Smythe is finally here and in the pages of Superior Spider-Man!

With Dan Slott having greatly changed Spider-Man's characteristics to resemble more of Ock's, it will be great to see if Smythe dies at the hands of Spider-Man. We already know that Spider-Man is able to kill and being free from Parker's influence, it will be interesting to see if Spider-Man does in fact kill Smythe or let him live. Christos Gage acted as the script writer for this series, so he did a great job at working well with Slott.

The best part out of this issue was the brief statement Spider-Man made about, "villains never-changing." It was funny to see how that was worked that into the issue and created brief humor with the Superior Spider-Man.

The artwork of this issue, by Giuseppe Camuncoli, is great. He did a great job with the artwork for the Massacre story arc and I'm glad to see his artwork back on this series.

The Bad

This issue's pace was really slow. If Dan Slott and Christos Gage had started this issue with Spider-Man gathering the equipment then going to the prison, instead of having him be in school, it would've been a bit more bearable to read this issue and it's ending. Also, I was assuming this issue was going to feature the Green Goblin, atlas he was absent in this issue. Dan Slott must be saving the character for a story arc way in the future.

Smythe might die at the hands of the Superior Spider-Man, however Spider-Man will have to defeat the Scorpion, Boomerang, and the Vulture before that will happen. This was an okay issue and should be checked out if you are looking into buying this series. Overall 3 out of 5.

Previous review:

Superior Spider-Man 10

Next review:

Superior Spider-Man 12

Posted by tomlikesfries

Nice review, dude. I usually ignore most of the reviews for SSM nowadays, since they usually take a star or two because they're still mad that Peter is not Spidey anymore. I'm glad to see that there's at least one reviewer, besides the staff ones, that still doesn't complain in every issue that they want Peter back and that Slott is a terrifying writer, etc.

Keep up the good job, man! I personally didn't enjoy the issue that much myself, but it's cool that you can show another negative point other than the fact that Ock is Spider-Man like most people.