To the guys that wrote Supergirl #8....

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By feargalr

People from Dublin, or even anywhere in Ireland do not use the words Aye, Ach or Wee, unless we're trying to be ironic. Irish people do not substitute the word Ye for You. We know how to say You. I've lived in Ireland for close to 23 years now and to my recollection I've never heard anyone call anyone else 'daft', especially not a musical chick from Dublin, she would use a word much harsher then that and also because Daft is a pretty well known property rental website over here. Nor have I ever heard anyone say "I've got me next gig" or in general speak like a Leprechaun as depicted on American TV.

Also Irish people also don't refer to anything as celtic music, as that can include anything from Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, England, Wales etc so instead, we refer to it as Irish music, or 'trad' which is short for traditional music. The surname Smythe, or even Smith is not even remotely Irish, it is actually english.

As for "Aw shove it up your rifle barrel" I can't even begin to tell you how wrong that is.

Yours sincerely,

Someone who had really being enjoying Supergirl up to now :(

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren

Aw, shove it up yer rifle barrel.

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By feargalr

@CitizenBane said:

Aw, shove it up yer rifle barrel.

If there was a like button, I'd like that

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

Maybe it's because maybe she's actually significantly older than she appears and thus would have grown up in an older time period and thus has language to reflect that?

Considering the ending revelation I think that's a possibility. But maybe it is just lack of research. #9 might shed some light on this.

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

Never mind. And the rest of her family speaks normally. Weird.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.