inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided
    Supergirl battles Bizarro Supergirl! Yes, that's pretty much the whole issue.

The Good

Me hate this book! Get it? It's Bizarro speak. That means I love it. The whole issue is Supergirl battling it out with Bizarro Supergirl, and it's awesome. It never gets dull, although there's a very very small lull as we get a peak into the Daily Planet with Cat and Perry, but even that is still good stuff. My favorite part about this is the fact it kinda ties-in with the Escape from Bizarro World storyline, and in addition, the next few issues are going to be awesome. The end of this book got me super-pumped (pumped?) for the rest of this storyline. The art team on this book, featuring the pencils of Jamal Igle, the inking of John Dell, Marc Deering, & Richard Friend, and the colors of Jamie Grant, and Jim Devlin, is some of my favorite art at DC this month. (Although, I've been loving Igle's pencils on this book for a while) I was about to compare how much I loved the colors and inks on this book to All Star Superman's colors and inks, when I realized that the colorist on this book, Jamie Grant, did the colors on All Star Superman. I love them anyways.

The Bad

There's not too much to say bad about this book. The only problem I had was that I couldn't understand the Bizarro-speak sometimes. I thought everything was supposed to be the negative of what they were actually trying to say, but sometimes that didn't fit what was going on in the scene.

The Verdict 4.5/5- Pick of the week!

Sterling Gates really knows how to write an on-going book that is consistantly awesome. I've read about 6-10 random issues of this series and they've all been phenomenal. It's nice to see Jamie Grant on this book, along with the great pencils of Jamal Igle. As of right now, this is my favorite Kryptonian book. It's always solid and a lot of fun. I highly recommend this book. It's my pick of the week. You will not be disappointed.
    N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By N7_Normandy

I was thinking of picking this up today, but wasn't sure if I would be confused never having read a book in the series before.  Would this be a decent jumping on point?

Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Pizawle

What would be a good starting point? Issue 50? Not going to start from the beginning.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By NightFang3

I need to pick this up!    

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I can't wait to get this tomorrow 

Aquamariner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Aquamariner

Ego, I've read your reviews on supergirl books and they all coincide on one thing: It's a helluva good read! 

So, as a guy who's never picked this book up, what would you suggest itd be a good starting point for me to get into it? 2, 3 or 4 issues back? (don't say start from issue 20 cuz thats just way too much to catch up on!!!)  

:)

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Eyz

Looks fantastic!

Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jordanstine

I stopped reading the new Supergirl volume after Issue #5 or was it Issue #6 (anyway it was her battling Dark Supergirl) coz it honestly was just dumb and pointless. 

But that was years and years ago. 

I haven't looked to start it up again, but I might give this a peek, and see what would be a good jumping point if I'm impressed.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Pizawle said:
    " What would be a good starting point? Issue 50? Not going to start from the beginning. "
    @Aquamariner said:
    " Ego, I've read your reviews on supergirl books and they all coincide on one thing: It's a helluva good read!  So, as a guy who's never picked this book up, what would you suggest itd be a good starting point for me to get into it? 2, 3 or 4 issues back? (don't say start from issue 20 cuz thats just way too much to catch up on!!!)   :) "
    Issue 54 is the start of this arc, which I didn't read. But I pretty much understood everything going on with ease since the first 4 pages give a decent recap.
    NerdKing25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By NerdKing25

I love anything having to do with the bizarros 

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By longbowhunter

Not reading Supergirl currently. Dropped off during New Krypton. Glad to hear the series is still doing well.
    LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By LoganRogue24

this is out really i was on superman homepage and t5he shipping this week did not have sg on it.
    WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By WW-Fan

i am going to get this!
    mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mattydeNero

I was skeptical after reading the first issue of the arc.  But Sterling Gates has done this to me for over a year now.  Arc after arc, it's obvious that he gets Supergirl.  She does stuff that only Supergirl could do, not Superman.  A lot of writers over the years have failed to give us a solid Supergirl book month to month.  Gates does this.
    Avatar image for versatilehearts
    versatilehearts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By versatilehearts

Issue 53 is a good starting point, Its after all the new krypton business, and starts a new story arc.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.