Will kara really die?

#1 Posted by ColaNicole (574 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it's been somewhat covered but there's no actually post on it. Anyway, do people think she'll really die? Or just made to look that way? Either way I would drop this title quicker than a hooker drops her knickers if shes replaced.

#2 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope not.

#3 Edited by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it; it's selling quite well. Besides, they wouldn't be so blunt about it. Nor, would they have bothered to give her substantial character development.

#4 Posted by ColaNicole (574 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah the previous issues would be made pointless, especially building on her back story. Besides, if they were gonna kill her I'm sure it would be part of a cross-over.

#5 Posted by akbogert (3200 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I sincerely doubt they would, but they've gotten me worried. I was considering jumping onboard this series but now I'm just going to sit back and wait, because I do NOT want to spend that money and time learning a character who is about to get killed.

#6 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't believe they will kill Supergirl same as disney is not going to kill Minnie Mouse. They could cut out all the skin of Supergirl. If H'el gets a sex change operation, maybe H'el can be the new Supergirl. Maybe H'el will take over Supergirl's body and become superior Supergirl ?

#7 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

if they kill kara i would be so mad.

#8 Posted by Z3RO180 (6324 posts) - - Show Bio

Naa I don't think they will. Maybe she will take a break after what's going to happen.

#9 Posted by akbogert (3200 posts) - - Show Bio

So I've still been thinking about this, and I really want to know what people think. I've not been reading Supergirl; as I stated earlier, I was thinking about jumping onboard/picking up all the prior issues to catch up with it. As such, I have no concept of how popular the book is, why, or whether killing off the title character who has been carrying the book this far would be considered as huge of an insult to the book's fans as it seems like it would be.

So, folks who have been reading: would you be upset/infuriated/feel betrayed by something like that? Or is it a direction you'd accept?

#10 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be pissed

#11 Posted by marvel123 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

noo i hope not, don't get rid of kara............take superboy (the 1/2 kryptonian clone) instead

#12 Edited by WonderHunter (121 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't believe they would. But if they kill Kara i would be really pissed.

#13 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2674 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so

#14 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3491 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it. They've barely built her relationship with Supes in the New 52. It'd be nice if the two could find some peace with each other.

#15 Posted by SNascimento (438 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Kara Zor-El. I hope she doesn't die.

#16 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2674 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Celineness (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, apparently. O.O

#18 Posted by PowerWoman (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

@celineness: I know you are infuriated,I'm feel disappointment and anger too

#19 Posted by DrunkVader (794 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it's been somewhat covered but there's no actually post on it. Anyway, do people think she'll really die? Or just made to look that way? Either way I would drop this title quicker than a hooker drops her knickers if shes replaced.

sooner or later everyone in comics dies atleast a million times

#20 Posted by Lvenger (18411 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: You remember when people thought Catwoman was dead and then it turned out that Martian Manhunter was posing as her? Relax, Supergirl's not dead. There'll be some explanation for what happened. Not that it's a good thing there'll be an explanation for her escaping death but she'll be alive soon enough.

#21 Posted by Knightfall225 (1756 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt. I mean it is hard to kill a kryptonian anyways

#22 Posted by PowerWoman (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I know,but the scan its just fearsome,I'm a big supergirl fans,I dont like it

#23 Posted by Lvenger (18411 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: I didn't say it wasn't a bad thing. I said that it's obvious she isn't dead. Given that the Brainiac/Cyborg Superman clash teases that Supergirl will still play a role, it's clear she'll come back. These kinds of comic book deaths are played up nowadays. Though it is disheartening to see the series take this kind of direction. I'd heard that Supergirl was getting good now after the Power Girl storyline and was being much more well written.

#24 Edited by Celineness (131 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@powerwoman: I didn't say it wasn't a bad thing. I said that it's obvious she isn't dead. Given that the Brainiac/Cyborg Superman clash teases that Supergirl will still play a role, it's clear she'll come back. These kinds of comic book deaths are played up nowadays. Though it is disheartening to see the series take this kind of direction. I'd heard that Supergirl was getting good now after the Power Girl storyline and was being much more well written.

I think it's pretty obvious that she is dead. She was *disintegrated*. Cyborg Superman can build a replica of her all he wants, but unless the pages from the above scan get nullified properly in a different way, *that* version of Kara did die.

#25 Posted by lifeofvibe (3430 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: oh man I've got to catch up on supergirl

#26 Posted by PowerWoman (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: She was dies,but Cyborg Superman can build a replica of her,So,"True" of supergirl is dies,She will come back like a similar cloned human

#27 Posted by Celineness (131 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: She was dies,but Cyborg Superman can build a replica of her,So,"True" of supergirl is dies,She will come back like a similar cloned human

That sounds more confusing than it should. She'll come back just the same, like any other comics "death", but this one was just a bit too far on the heart-wrenching side for me to accept and forget the former version of her. The new version will be just as truly Supergirl as the old one, though I agree she'll be a replica.

When you say "human" I'm assuming you are just being general and mean Kryptonian really, though once again it's interesting to consider whether a new version of her can actually be called a Kryptonian, given that she'll never have been to the place.

Putting my general ranting aside, remember that Cyborg Superman stated his intention back in issue 22 - he said that he would take Kara's "flesh" (i.e. physical body) and use it to regenerate himself, and in return she'd become "a part of I'noxia", free to shape it however she wishes. So, if the writing is consistent then first of all we'll get something like a "solid hologram/nanites/fake Supergirl", who may or may not remember what happened to her real self, and then something will need to happen between Brainiac and Zor-El to free Kara from the limitations of being part of I'noxia's hardware?

And yikes...if it's as simple as just doing something to her I'Noxian self that allows her to travel beyond that place, then we're really in trouble, because an I'noxian-generated Kara will (like the replica of her mother, etc) just be the skewed memory-based creation of the original, with gaps and wide variations from the actual source, etc.

#28 Edited by PowerWoman (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

@celineness: solid hologram/nanites/fake Supergirl???

OH.....This is definitely shit

#29 Posted by Mannyfit75 (4 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Celineness (131 posts) - - Show Bio

She isn't dead. Supergirl # 25 comes out and it appears that she went back in time to Krypton to battle H'EL again.

Source: http://www.dccomics.com/comics/supergirl-2011/supergirl-25

There's a difference between Supergirl not being dead in issue 25, and the same Supergirl not being dead in issue 25. It will be depressing to see her battling clones in the next story arc if she becomes one herself.

Take the following events from the comic:

1 - Supergirl A is disintegrated

2 - Cyborg Superman uses some of Supergirl's cells to rebuild himself

3 - Cyborg Superman uses Supergirl A's cells to create Supergirl B

Just because they happened in the order 1, 2, 3; people seem to think Supergirl A = Supergirl B.

But, let's say they happened in the order 2, 3, 1 or 3, 2, 1; etc. Does it still feel like Supergirl A is back in issue 24/25 and there's nothing to be sad about?

I have to say I am finding the attitude "so long as there's a blonde girl named Kara back in the uniform fighting bad guys by issue 24 or 25, we just don't care" to be really depressing. Was Ripley 8 from Alien Resurrection the same person as Ripley from the other Alien movies?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.