Follow

Supergirl

Character » Supergirl appears in 3428 issues.

Kara Zor-El is Superman's cousin and last survivor of Krypton's Argo City. She has a brash and defiant personality that she developed in response to the destruction of Krypton. Currently, she's operating out of National City alongside the D.E.O.

Which "Supergirl" is your Favorite?

• 100 results
    GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By GT-Man

Discussion over
    shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By shanana
    @Crom-Cruach said:

" @Sha: says the viner screaming at everyone naming power girl, then going on a childish rant, riiiiiiight....

@Sha

said:

" Find on ANY Website, where it list Powergirl as A Supergirl... "

DC comics, kid. As infinite crisis explained, Power Girl is the super-girl of Earth 2. It was an entire plot point of infinite crisis. There, argument over. Whatever every other site says is irrelevant they are wrong, because in story canon. Power Girl is a super-girl.

@Sha

said:

" @  As for your insults, next time you might want to take the high road; and appear to have an ounce of Maturity. "

You are the only person being immature here. Ranting and screaming like a child because you don't like what I said. Grow up. "
    Don't try to patronize me, Power girl was created so that there was a SG present in Earth 2, however after the crisis her Kryptonian origins were gone. Making her Different from Supergirl (You know, Kara from Krypton). It wasn't until 2005 that she regained them, Well after Supergirl (Kara from earth1) was well underway. They are different people because Supergirl (Kara) isn't destined to grow up to be PG.  PG exist as a totally different person in the DCU, even though she is Kara. Sooo, "old head" let's backtrack. 

Super girl 50 years into the future
     Super girl 50 years into the future
    If Powergirl was in fact Super girl it would have stated somewhere that PG was indeed Super girl from the future, to MY knowledge It doesn't So Grandpa/grandma if Kara exist 50 years into the future as Sg; and even further into the future as SG with the Legion of Superheroes; living at the same time Power girl does, one can only infer that Kara (SG) is Supergirl and Kara(Karen) exist as Powergirl. 
    Sorta like Superman, Cyborg Superman, and Superboy Prime.
    shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By shanana
    @Crom-Cruach said:
    " @Sha: says the viner screaming at everyone naming power girl, then going on a childish rant, riiiiiiight....
    @Sha said:

" Find on ANY Website, where it list Powergirl as A Supergirl... "

DC comics, kid. As infinite crisis explained, Power Girl is the super-girl of Earth 2. It was an entire plot point of infinite crisis. There, argument over. Whatever every other site says is irrelevant they are wrong, because in story canon. Power Girl is a super-girl.

@Sha said:

" @  As for your insults, next time you might want to take the high road; and appear to have an ounce of Maturity. "

You are the only person being immature here. Ranting and screaming like a child because you don't like what I said. Grow up. "

Also, since your "So much more mature" then I am, it might have helped just a tad bit if you didn't "Stoop" to my level. "Never argue with fools, people from a distance can't tell who is who"
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Sha said:
    ""Don't try to patronize me
    then grow up and educate yourself. If you can't act like an adult then don't expect people to treat you like one.
    @Sha said:
    " Power girl was created so that there was a SG present in Earth 2, however after the crisis her Kryptonian origins were gone. Making her Different from Supergirl (You know, Kara from Krypton). It wasn't until 2005 that she regained them, Well after Supergirl (Kara from earth1) was well underway. T "
    You are wrong. Earth 2 existed for far longer then the Current one, it's the silver age DC earth per DC canon. Then they created additional earths to deal with continuity issues. This is all established DC comics fact. That her kryptonian heritage was forgotten by the people in that universe is meaningless. Because we as readers (or at least those that have read crisis on infinite earths) know that when all the earths folded into a single one, Power Girl got folded in there and all her history was muddled and forgotten. But that does not remove where she came from or what she is. Power girls is a super-girl deal with it.

@Sha said:
    ". They are different people because Supergirl (Kara) isn't destined to grow up to be PG.  PG exist as a totally different person in the DCU, even though she is Kara."
    See Crisis on Infinite earths and Infinite crisis. This is untrue no matter how much you don't like it.
    @Sha said:
    "If Powergirl was in fact Super girl it would have stated somewhere that PG was indeed Super girl from the future"
    She isn't Super-girl from the future, she's earth-2 Supergirl. Which is the silver age DC earth, that is the first DC earth. Therefore all that bull you've spotted about the future is untrue and meaningless.
    shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By shanana
    @Crom-Cruach said:
    " @Sha said:
    ""Don't try to patronize me
    then grow up and educate yourself. If you can't act like an adult then don't expect people to treat you like one.
    Whatever if you were as truly  "Grown" as you say you are you wouldn't have argued with me in the first place, your No different from myself.

And

I Know and understand all that but what I'm essentilly saying is this.

Lana Lang Kent
    Ariella
    Linda Danvers
    Lois Lane
    Kara Zor EL (Earth one) 

All have been Supergirl at some point in time.

Only Kara Zorl El (Earth 2, Not including 1958 Lois Lane) has been Powergirl.  
    Earth2 Powergirl couldn't be SUPERGIRL because there's already a Kara Zor El as Supergirl.

Which is why she's pictured as a different enitiy as a whole.
     Which is why she's pictured as a different enitiy as a whole.
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Sha said:

Whatever if you were as truly  "Grown" as you say you are you wouldn't have argued with me in the first place, your No different from myself.
    "
    I stated my opinion, you went off on a rant and are continuing to do so ignoring evidence. Then going on with statements like this. You're the only person being immature.
    @Sha said:
    "
    Lana Lang Kent
    Ariella
    Linda Danvers
    Lois Lane
    Kara Zor EL (Earth one) 
    Earth2 Powergirl couldn't be SUPERGIRL because there's already a Kara Zor El as Supergirl.
      "
    No, you are completely wrong. Again read Crisis on Infinite earths and Infinite crisis. That she is called Powergirl  doesn't in anyway change that she is a supergirl. Because in her alternate reality, Earth-2, she is Superman's cousin and the being that has been stated in DC canon as being the counterpart of Supergirl for earth-2. This was explained in length by multiple characters in Crisis on  Infinite earths and Alexander Luthor in Infinite Crisis. 

That picture is meaningless, all that matters to prove she is a super-girl is DC canon. Because that is what says what is true or not. That is all. Powergirl is a supergirl and the coolest one. That is all.
    shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By shanana
    @Crom-Cruach said:
    " @Sha said:

"
    I stated my opinion, you went off on a rant and are continuing to do so ignoring evidence. Then going on with statements like this. You're the only person being immature.
    @Sha said:
    "
    Lana Lang Kent
    Ariella
    Linda Danvers
    Lois Lane
    Kara Zor EL (Earth one) 
      "
    No, you are completely wrong. Again read Crisis on Infinite earths and Infinite crisis. That she is called Powergirl  doesn't in anyway change that she is a supergirl. Because in her alternate reality, Earth-2, she is Superman's cousin and the being that has been stated in DC canon as being the counterpart of Supergirl for earth-2. This was explained in length by multiple characters in Crisis on  Infinite earths and Alexander Luthor in Infinite Crisis.   That picture is meaningless, all that matters to prove she is a super-girl is DC canon. Because that is what says what is true or not. That is all. Powergirl is a supergirl and the coolest one. That is all. "
    I understand what your saying and I'm NOT ignoring your evidence, your not seeing what I'm saying though; I'm not sure if it's stubbornness or whatever, but I don't even care anymore. You say Powergirl...Powergirl
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Sha said:
    I understand what your saying and I'm NOT ignoring your evidence"
    yes you are, otherwise you would not be arguing this. Powergirl is the supergirl's counterpart of Earth-2 and occupies the same respective role, place, a dimensional correspondence. Therefore she is a supergirl. That is a canon DC fact. Which you refuse to accept and you ignore with statements a that are either not accurate, meaningless pictures or baseless arguments.

DC canon decides what is a super-girl and according to that canon. Powergirl is one. That is all.

I'm done with this. I've proved my position. I'm not going to waste time with you any more.
    shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By shanana

Whatever, everything i said was indeed factual, Accurate maybe not; But as Long as Both Supergirl (Kara) and Powergirl (Kara) exist in one earth they will never be each other. Unless something drastic like another "Crisis" happens.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Crom-Cruach:@Crom-Cruach: 
    BLAH!!!! THEY ARE THE SAME PERSON!!!!! FROM DIFFERENT DIMMENSION!!!!!
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By shanana

It's not really that serious, I don't even know what compelled me to argue the point, I love Both characters

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Sha: Look like I said they are both the same person...just from alternative realities. Kara Zor-El, Kara Zor-L
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Primmaster64 said:
    " @Sha: Look like I said they are both the same person...just from alternative realities. Kara Zor-El, Kara Zor-L "
    They are the respective counter-parts of their earths. Hence they are all Super-Girls even if one names herself Power Girl.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Crom-Cruach said:
    " @Primmaster64 said:
    " @Sha: Look like I said they are both the same person...just from alternative realities. Kara Zor-El, Kara Zor-L "
    They are the respective counter-parts of their earths. Hence they are all Super-Girls even if one names herself Power Girl. "
    Yep
    Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#65  Edited By Omega-Man

I've always prefered Linda Danvers as Supergirl. reason is they didn't try to make her slutty looking like they did Kara, also I think Linda was much more interesting as a character reasons why? well she fought different things and people that were not Superman enimies. I find Kara really just a female Superman who has issues.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By shanana
    @Crom-Cruach said:
    " @Primmaster64 said:
    They are the respective counter-parts of their earths. Hence they are all Super-Girls even if one names herself Power Girl. "
    Sigh.............................As much as it pains me too say this.....(It really does) you were right, i was wrong.    <----------------------just read the crisis

@Omega-Man said:
    " I've always prefered Linda Danvers as Supergirl. reason is they didn't try to make her slutty looking like they did Kara, also I think Linda was much more interesting as a character reasons why? well she fought different things and people that were not Superman enimies. I find Kara really just a female Superman who has issues. "

qtw
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I like Kara Zor-El the most. However, I do not like her initial appearances as written by Loeb.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Sha said:
    " Sigh.............................As much as it pains me too say this.....(It really does) you were right, i was wrong.    <----------------------just read the crisis

"
    It's cool... let's put this ugly incident behind us and take the peaceful road.

No Caption Provided

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " I like Kara Zor-El the most. However, I do not like her initial appearances as written by Loeb. "

As I've stated, I prefer Power Girl. My reason for this is that she is her own fully developed character. She has not just that "female superman" she's with a different team has a much more fleshed out personality and she's basically her own content. Super-girl, any super-girl to me is just... the female version of Superman. At which point I just decide I'll take the original.
    Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Omega-Man
    @Crom-Cruach:  It's cool you like Powergirl, but How is Linda Danvers a female Superman? Kara is pretty much is a female Superman with issues sure but Linda isn't, her powers are compleately different from Superman's it's why I like her more than Kara. She's not kryptonian and apart from carrying Superman's S she is as much her own character as Power girl is.Hell she had her own villains unlike Kara she just leeches off of Superman's villains.
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Omega-Man said:
    " @Crom-Cruach:  It's cool you like Powergirl, but How is Linda Danvers a female Superman? Kara is pretty much is a female Superman with issues sure but Linda isn't, her powers are compleately different from Superman's it's why I like her more than Kara. She's not kryptonian and apart from carrying Superman's S she is as much her own character as Power girl is. "
    Personality wise and role in a story. She's still a lot more of a female superman to me. And Power Girl has a much more interesting personality to me.
    Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Omega-Man
    @Crom-Cruach:  I'm not arguing with you, but Linda's personality was nothing like Superman's at all. if you think so maybe you should read her comics.

Plus the only thing she had in common with Supes were these few powers (flight, Super strength, Invunrability) other than those powers that were simlar she was compleately different. She had her own villains which where mystical based plus creatures from hell. (Linda was an angel after all) As for personality Linda had times when she showed she wasn't really Super, example she was jealous of Mary Marvel because of her goodie goodie act. Second she got cocky at times. Third she had alot of funny moments as Supergirl in costume such as walking into a wall. I have never seen Superman do any of those things.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Crom-Cruach said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " I like Kara Zor-El the most. However, I do not like her initial appearances as written by Loeb. "
    As I've stated, I prefer Power Girl. My reason for this is that she is her own fully developed character. She has not just that "female superman" she's with a different team has a much more fleshed out personality and she's basically her own content. Super-girl, any super-girl to me is just... the female version of Superman. At which point I just decide I'll take the original. "
    I actually like Karen more than Kara, but for the reasons you've said, I don't consider her a "Supergirl". Technically, she is, but because she's gone and formed her own identity to the point that the only aspect she shares with the Superman family is her roots, I just see her as Power Girl, rather than a variant Supergirl. :)
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#73  Edited By Mercy_
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    When she was the split-personality crazy bitch?
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    When she was the split-personality crazy bitch? "
    When she was split-personality, arrogant, crazy bitch :)

After that, she was cool though.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#75  Edited By Mercy_
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    When she was the split-personality crazy bitch? "
    When she was split-personality, arrogant, crazy bitch :)  After that, she was cool though. "
    LMAO.  

Yes, she was.  

Again, Loeb taints the story. The whole her father making her kill kids and her mother storyline? Thumbs down. I'm so happy that it was later retconned as Kryptonite poisoning to make way for New Krypton. 

OOOH! I finished reading War of Kings!!!!!!!! 
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Omega-Man said:
    " @Crom-Cruach:  I'm not arguing with you, but Linda's personality was nothing like Superman's at all. if you think so maybe you should read her comics."
    I've read her comics, thank you very much. She's much more unoriginal then Power girl in my opinion.
    @Omega-Man said:
    "   Plus the only thing she had in common with Supes were these few powers (flight, Super strength, Invunrability) other than those powers that were simlar she was compleately different. She had her own villains which where mystical based plus creatures from hell. (Linda was an angel after all) As for personality Linda had times when she showed she wasn't really Super, example she was jealous of Mary Marvel because of her goodie goodie act. Second she got cocky at times. Third she had alot of funny moments as Supergirl in costume such as walking into a wall. I have never seen Superman do any of those things. "
    Eh, Power Girl is much more original in my opinion.
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By sexy_merc

I don't like Power Girl for some reason. I mean she's okay but eh

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#78  Edited By WW-Fan
    @Sexy Merc said:
    "I don't like Power Girl for some reason. I mean she's okay but eh "

and what is the reason?
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Primmaster64

For some reason i can't stand Supergirl. but PG yes

Avatar image for andrea_mendoza1997
    andrea_mendoza1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think I really like the one on smallville and Kara Zor-el same

BoOMbOoMpOw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By BoOMbOoMpOw

The modern age supergirl is the best !!!! But I also love Powergirl but for me she doesn`t count as a supergirl.

AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By AMS

Modern Kara ftw.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By DEGRAAF

i think this one is interesting
    i think this one is interesting

where and when is this page from?
    where and when is this page from?
    Avatar image for andrea_mendoza1997
    andrea_mendoza1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Power Girl #20
    Power Girl #20
    No Caption Provided
    Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#85  Edited By Theodore

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#86  Edited By WW-Fan
    @Theodore said:
    "

"

where dose this last photo come from? :O
    Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#87  Edited By Backflip

No Caption Provided

RLAAMJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By RLAAMJR

Kara!

No Caption Provided
    I-Force

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By I-Force

Linda Danvers, white baby-tee, tight black skirt, red gloves, mini-cape.....cute. Here's a different take on her.
    http://angel-ink.deviantart.com/
    http://angel-ink.deviantart.com/
    THALASTDRAGON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By THALASTDRAGON

i havnt read much supergirl, but i do like ha modern take on kara.
    davidkenneth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By davidkenneth

Modern Kara, I also like her family relationships.
    golvellius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By golvellius

I never actually read the original Kara super-girl, and the Matrix/Mae Supergirl never quite appealed to me.  But Linda Danvers/Matrix/Mae combination was the best.  She brought humanity to the character...It was very believable and tackled a lot of doubts we humans have over faith as a whole...faith in God, in the human spirit, in the goodness of us all.  It was great and Buzz was one of the most incredible, deep, misteriuos and surprising characters in history...quite honestly I've never seen such a complex character handled so well 'till the very end.  And I got goose bumps the time Linda's mother was praying and said that Supergirl didn't steal her daughter, she had made her whole....It was simply amazing and moving.  Love Linda Danvers, and Peter David is one of the most talented writers out there he really knows how to shake a character and bring out the best.  I wish he would write a Linda Danvers mini or another Young Justice....Does Linda Danvers still have Supergirl's powers?
    ScarlettLynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By ScarlettLynn

I love the current, modern Kara. I think Sterling Gates was able to really solidify my love of this character as he crafted her story over the course of his run on the title. I like her in the Justice League now and I really think the character has come into her own.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

bump....I like Linda and Kara equally.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

because that art work!

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 2005 and 2011 incarnations.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kara or powergirl

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@jake_fury: I totally agree with your choice, she is my favourite Supergirl!

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.